Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ND Mom was right
Not sure how I can say this without coming off sounding like a perv, but when my youngest was in 7th grade, I would watch him practice football. One day after practice I was walking with back to the locker room to wait for him and noticed the cheerleaders practicing. They had these shorty shorts, kind of like volleyball shorts and a lot were sporting "toes". First off, I was embarrassed and secondly, I thought do parents not pay attention to there kids?
I do agree, a woman has the right to wear what she wants and shouldn't be oogled for it.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2019, 10:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: When you tell someone they can not do what they want to do you should provide a reason  

Asking girls to consider situations is not telling them they cannot do what they want.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2019, 06:13 PM)Beaker Wrote: Asking girls to consider situations is not telling them they cannot do what they want.

Consider what situations?

I am asking a pretty simple question.  WHY should these girls choose not to wear leggings?   There has to be some reason.  So what exactly is ND Mom wanting to avoid?

Seems to me she has no other reason other then claiming they create a distraction.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2019, 06:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Consider what situations?

I am asking a pretty simple question.  WHY should these girls choose not to wear leggings?   There has to be some reason.  So what exactly is ND Mom wanting to avoid?

Seems to me she has no other reason other then claiming they create a distraction.

Does she need another reason? I have no idea how important the issue is to her. But distraction seemed important enough of a reason to her to at least write and pose the thought to others. It is up to the individual who reads her thoughts to decide if they are valid enough for them to consider change. But she is not wrong for putting the question out there for consideration. She did not deserve to be vilified for posing the question. 
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 07:46 PM)Beaker Wrote:  She did not deserve to be vilified for posing the question. 

She said these girls were such a threat to her sons that she wanted to tie scarves around their eyes to PROTECT them from these girls.

She deserves whatever she gets for accusing these girls of being a "threat" to her sons.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2019, 08:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: She said these girls were such a threat to her sons that she wanted to tie scarves around their eyes to PROTECT them from these girls.

She deserves whatever she gets for accusing these girls of being a "threat" to her sons.

You used the word threat. Going back to the bottom line. Wear what you want, but dont expect people not to notice.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 12:16 AM)Beaker Wrote: You used the word threat. Going back to the bottom line. Wear what you want, but dont expect people not to notice.

She used the word "protect".  That is an insult.  She is accusing these girls of harming other people.

Go back to bottom line, worry about your own clothes and don't claim you need protection from people just because you don't like the way they dress.

Again, what exactly happens when people stop "pretending not to notice".  Do they call the girls whores?  Do they start grabbing them?  What price are these girls going to pay for wearing leggings in public when people stop "pretending not to notice"?
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 09:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: She used the word "protect".  That is an insult.  She is accusing these girls of harming other people.

You were doing so well, then you go off the fred deep end again. I'll set up a safe space to protect you and those girls from her insults, threats and accusations. 
Reply/Quote
You all ever heard of agree to disagree? In a polite and orderly manner.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote