Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEGATIVE REP
(10-26-2015, 10:09 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Why are you so worried about protecting your precious fake internet points.  I will green when I want and I will red when I want.  YOu or anyone else that wants to whine about it will get much much more of the same from me.  I see that type of weakness and I want to poke it with a stick.

Rep.

.....but what color?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 10:22 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Rep.

.....but what color?

Beige 
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 10:23 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Beige 

We had considered beige rep to show how ambiguous you are with a post, but it seemed that would be open to more than one interpretation.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 10:23 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Beige 

Like my willy.

My favorite. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 10:27 AM)Benton Wrote: We had considered beige rep to show how ambiguous you are with a post, but it seemed that would be open to more than one interpretation.

I may or may not be happy with the use of the color or your interpretations of my postings.  Meh.... Yawn
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 12:12 PM)Benton Wrote: Personally, that was my hope. We're mostly adults here given the nature of the board. As adults, you hope everyone will use their head, act mature and treat others accordingly. The easiest way to handle trolling or bad posters is to ignore them, report them so the mods have a heads up (we can't look at every post as soon as it's posted) and then move on.

Unfortunately, there hasn't been a lot of that happening. People are getting personal grudges, some are saying things just for attention and others are just using the board as vehicle to cause other people misery. That is not what we wanted, and that's not what the board is here for. First and foremost, it's a place for Bengals fans to gather. For guys like me who live far out of market, it's some of the only interaction I get with other Bengals fans on a regular basis (my son, for some reason, is a Saints fan and I feel like I've failed him there, but that's off topic).

Hopefully, this will encourage people to think before they post.

Yep....or you have guys like me, who live in a house full of females that have no interest in football....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2015, 10:13 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I should red everyone in this thread including myself. Ya'll suck.

Go ahead. Try me.

I'll neg rep you right back and then hit you with some block user. Then when I see you on a thread I'll remind everybody that I can't see anything you post while bragging how much happier I am since I can't see your comments.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Maybe have it where you have to have a certain amount of post or time or the board to be able to beg rep. I don't think I've ever used it except once or twice. That was extreme.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2015, 10:14 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Maybe have it where you have to have a certain amount of post or time or the board to be able to beg rep. I don't think I've ever used it except once or twice. That was extreme.

I think I've used it twice and it was in retaliation to someone that was pretty much neg repping my every post. Admittedly childish on my part.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
This is a double edge sword IMO. You're giving the same trolls the power to neg rep people they may or may not have any right to neg rep.

Why don't we setup a new forum that new posters are only able to post in until they get to a certain number of posts? This should dissuade anyone from just creating an account and attacking people/neg repping them for little to no reason.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 12:29 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: This is a double edge sword IMO. You're giving the same trolls the power to neg rep people they may or may not have any right to neg rep.

Why don't we setup a new forum that new posters are only able to post in until they get to a certain number of posts? This should dissuade anyone from just creating an account and attacking people/neg repping them for little to no reason.

People would just post garbage until they reach the post count. It happened on the old boards when they implemented the 50 post rule.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
If there was a rule that a poster couldn't neg rep someone "back" within a timeframe, of say a week, you would control the negative rep issue.

On the old forum, one person would neg rep someone, the other person would neg rep them back, and it'd go back and forth until the points were zero - lol.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Does this mean we should recreate the Red Rep Rampage society? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 04:23 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Does this mean we should recreate the Red Rep Rampage society? Ninja

MAS was better  Ninja
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 04:33 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: MAS was better  Ninja

Ahhhhhh....memories.

I do love me some MAS Cool
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 04:50 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Ahhhhhh....memories.

I do love me some MAS Cool

When I think of negative rep, the campaign against GA9 should go down as the most epic.
I had always hoped we would gather at a game 'en mass' one day, and it could still actually happen. Wouldn't want to leave anyone out though, and w/o the members list (plus my spotty memory), I'm not sure if that's possible. Want to take a stab at it?
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 02:59 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: If there was a rule that a poster couldn't neg rep someone "back" within a timeframe, of say a week, you would control the negative rep issue.

On the old forum, one person would neg rep someone, the other person would neg rep them back, and it'd go back and forth until the points were zero - lol.

thats where rep value came in handy... if their neg rep was worth 3 points and yours 15 they usually stopped first lol
Reply/Quote
We can negative rep people?  
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 07:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We can negative rep people?  

Yep.  Just scroll down through your rep points and it now goes to negative.  Where you been?   Ninja
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 08:23 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: When I think of negative rep, the campaign against GA9 should go down as the most epic.
I had always hoped we would gather at a game 'en mass' one day, and it could still actually happen. Wouldn't want to leave anyone out though, and w/o the members list (plus my spotty memory), I'm not sure if that's possible. Want to take a stab at it?

Yea I would need the members list as well.  GA9 was pretty epic. I forget the other guy that got it pretty good, something about blasting his pecs.
Reply/Quote