Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW FORUM URL
(11-25-2015, 12:57 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I counted the time your alt got banned.

Shouldn't you be unjustly banning someone instead of wasting time in this thread?

He bans like six people before I get my first cup of coffee every morning. He's mad. Mad with power.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 09:14 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Yikes...that's the first I've seen that. Drama extraordinaire!

It's super unfortunate that DJS; one of the best posters on these forums was banned for what looks to be unjust reasons (I may not know the whole story though). this place is great, but the moderation seems incredibly heavy mist of the time.  Now I'm off to cower in the corner like an abused puppy.

Marvin?

Mellow

(11-24-2015, 09:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The moderation on this board is not more strict or unjust than the mothership; in fact, it is most likely the opposite. It's just on the other boards they would not entertain people whinning about it. They would simply delete their posts and ban them again. I've seen Denny ban folks simply because he could. Bannings/suspensions here are just more visible for a couple of reasons and one is Board Membership size. We are a much smaller community, so when someone gets banned it makes news.

Hell there's a mod on this very board that was banned about 35 times on the old boards. 

As for DJS/GHB/WDW: believe what you want. 

Speaking on specific instances by the mod team is generally in bad taste. But I will say again, the staff here — in my opinion — bends over backwards to avoid just banning someone. Normally, there's at least one warning (usually more than one) before a suspension. Some folks respond to a simple 'hey, could you stop doing _________.' Other folks just shrug it off and keep doing it.

At the end of the day, all of the moderation team is trying to make this an enjoyable place for Bengals fans to talk about football. I think that allows us to be more flexible than the mothership. Even to the extent of allowing people to publicly criticize our decisions. We were all posters on the old board and know how frustrating it was when something happened and we couldn't even discuss it as a community.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:02 AM)Benton Wrote: He bans like six people before I get my first cup of coffee every morning. He's mad. Mad with power.

Watch what you say. I'll ban you
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:29 AM)eoxyod Wrote: Watch what you say. I'll ban you

Case in point.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 10:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But that is not the issue. The issue is the suggestion that the moderators here are unjust. Holic and others put this together on their own dime and time. 

No doubt...and this is something that I've expressed gratitude toward on numerous occasions.  Just because they did this though, does not mean that we should not bring up things that we perceive as issues.

I'm not even saying for sure that they unjustly ban people...I even said that I do not know the whole story and may not be privy to all information.  It just seems that people get banned here for less than they did at the old site. As someone who likes to push other people's buttons from time to time (you should know the feeling), I wanted to put my voice out there.  

If DJS was banned for the reasons that he said in the FF league, then I definitely think that it's excessive.  If it was more than I know, then I'm admitting that I could be wrong in my suggestion.  Don't act like this is a personal attack against their character, because it isn't.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Seriously....this thread is so WTF. Rolleyes
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 02:48 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: If DJS was banned for the reasons that he said in the FF league, then I definitely think that it's excessive.  

He was banned for more than that
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 10:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, I've never denied that I had 2 people post from the same IP address. Answer this question: How did the fact that me and another person posted from the same IP address come to be public knowledge?

Because DJS/GHB would scrub people's rep pages. He scrubbed Zerker's rep page to find that accusation. I think he went back 5-6 pages on mine and found where KP gave me a +1; so this became me creating an alt to boost my rep.

Honest question.  What is 'scrubbing' a rep page?  And how would that make the connection between poster's IP addresses?
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 08:02 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Honest question.  What is 'scrubbing' a rep page?  And how would that make the connection between poster's IP addresses?

Those are honest questions.

1. Scrubbing rep would be going back through folk's rep pages and reading/ taking note of all the comments; kind of obsessive IMO.

2. Someone (one of the mods in my pocket) repped Zerker once and said 2 posters were posting from the same IP address. One of the members was banned because it "gave the appearance" of an alt according to the mod; although, I have no idea how it could do that unless somebody was constantly reporting IP addresses 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 10:48 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Seriously....this thread is so WTF.   Rolleyes

You should read our FF message board.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 10:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You should read our FF message board.

You could always give a link?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 11:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You could always give a link?

What happens in Bengal Board FF league, stays in Bengal Board FF league. 

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 11:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What happens in Bengal Board FF league, stays in Bengal Board FF league. 

Ahhh. So you're just a tease. Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Ive been pulling my hair out trying to find the site. All kinds of conspiracy theories ran through my mind from the Brown family suing to ISIS hacking it to Squeeler fans doing it. I finally settled on searching on google and well whaddaya know?? Some genius added THE in front of everything. I have a conspiracy theory about the word THE, but I'm not sharing it. I don't want the THE cops finding me.

Thanks to space aged technology and all those good things I can follow the Bengals without having to move all the way from South Carolina to Cincinnati. It's too cold up there, but you do get the games on TV more regularly. I'm just not quite willing to sacrifice living in a really nice warm place in a really nice house on a really nice lake just so I can watch more football games.. I fall on my sword for niceness.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote