Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW FORUM URL
(11-18-2015, 01:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: There was an issue with the old domain. We will have a new, permanent .com URL shortly.

At that time, I will be doing a mass email to inform everyone, as well as posting on Twitter.

However, not everyone checks their email regularly, so any help getting the word out (after I post the new URL) on Facebook, Twitter, etc...would be a huge help!

Thanks and my apologies for the inconvenience.

Post a sticky thread in every sub-forum a week in advanced providing the new website address and information.  Everyone will see that.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 02:53 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: You're gonna give the guy squatting in your house a heads up that Benton is stalking him?

So thoughtful. LOL

If Benton was stalking you wouldn't you want to know.    Confused
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 01:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: There was an issue with the old domain. We will have a new, permanent .com URL shortly.

At that time, I will be doing a mass email to inform everyone, as well as posting on Twitter.

However, not everyone checks their email regularly, so any help getting the word out (after I post the new URL) on Facebook, Twitter, etc...would be a huge help!

Thanks and my apologies for the inconvenience.

Yeah. I just checked your twitter to find out.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 04:01 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Post a sticky thread in every sub-forum a week in advanced providing the new website address and information.  Everyone will see that.

It's like the Noah's Arc of message board revamps. The people who were unwanted were accidentally left out of the email.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I still don't know the new site domain.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 08:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I still don't know the new site domain.

bengalsboard.icyboards.net .....then I had to reset my password.

How are you guys getting access to the old one?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
How in the world did you f that up? Aren't domains supposed to be registered in 12 month increments?

Did someone forget to pay the bill at the 6 month mark?

lord.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 01:50 AM)basballguy Wrote: How in the world did you f that up?  Aren't domains supposed to be registered in 12 month increments?

Did someone forget to pay the bill at the 6 month mark?

lord.

It's a little more complicated than that, and trust us when we say we obviously wouldn't want to lose our users the way we have. 
Reply/Quote
Thanks for keeping me in the loop, and for the explanation of the situation prompting the change.

Strength of the board community is what led to this site, in the first place.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 02:03 AM)eoxyod Wrote: It's a little more complicated than that, and trust us when we say we obviously wouldn't want to lose our users the way we have. 

Well it sure is a big blow to this place.  Looks like we've lost a ton of our members.  Maybe they'll find us somehow in the near future.   Sad
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 10:11 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Well it sure is a big blow to this place.  Looks like we've lost a ton of our members.  Maybe they'll find us somehow in the near future.   Sad

Are you certain that they are lost, as in gone, never to return?  Or, is it that they have yet to receive notice of the new url?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 10:34 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you certain that they are lost, as in gone, never to return?  Or, is it that they have yet to receive notice of the new url?

After that Monday night performance, I'd say some of the people that used to be here are going to be gone for good.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 10:34 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you certain that they are lost, as in gone, never to return?  Or, is it that they have yet to receive notice of the new url?

I hope this is the case.  I just know it is awfully quiet here, and a lot of the regulars seem to be missing.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 10:51 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I hope this is the case.  I just know it is awfully quiet here, and a lot of the regulars seem to be missing.
Normally when we have a bad loss, attendance on the boards drops from fans. And it increases from trolls.
Reply/Quote
[Image: tumblr_nf33rslPxk1qhz95yo1_500.gif]

Also this is the reason I tried to tell you guys to designate a backup forum site like go bengals. Since I suggested it I did at least check there a few times to see if anyone had said anything.

That way when it crashes people can be like oh yeah that other forum is our backup emergency contact area Tongue

Then again I was smart enough to find the forum twitter account and see the URL.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 10:11 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Well it sure is a big blow to this place.  Looks like we've lost a ton of our members.  Maybe they'll find us somehow in the near future.   Sad

Yeah....it's been a real ghost town around here lately. Sad

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 10:39 AM)6andcounting Wrote: After that Monday night performance, I'd say some of the people that used to be here are going to be gone for good.

.....all smack aside (keep it in the right forum dill hole  Tongue )....these were mostly die hards from the old board, and folks that sought this place to keep that community alive.  If they can't get the new URL....it may be the end here, unfortunately.

Then again, I see where GHB and djs got banned....and their alts may have been more than half the membership roster as far as we know. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 01:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....all smack aside (keep it in the right forum dill hole  Tongue )....these were mostly die hards from the old board, and folks that sought this place to keep that community alive.  If they can't get the new URL....it may be the end here, unfortunately.

Then again, I see where GHB and djs got banned....and their alts may have been more than half the membership roster as far as we know. Ninja

A new (and more permanent) URL will be along shortly. We appreciate everyone's patience on this.

And as far as the alts, I'm beginning to think I'm actually just someone else's alt who was created in such detail that I think I'm a real poster. I'm thinking about hooking myself up to a Voight-Kampff machine.
Reply/Quote
We appreciate everyone's patience with this matter. I know it's been very annoying.

We have acquired a new domain and it will be permanent. The new domain will not be activated until sometime Saturday. This will give us a couple of days to get the word out. I will be posting an announcement on the main page to let people know, as well as sending out emails to every member. I would also appreciate any help that you guys could give as far as spreading the word on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

The new domain will be http://www.thebengalsboard.com

Same site, same host, same servers, just a new URL.

Again, thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.

BJ
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 01:58 PM)Benton Wrote: A new (and more permanent) URL will be along shortly. We appreciate everyone's patience on this.

And as far as the alts, I'm beginning to think I'm actually just someone else's alt who was created in such detail that I think I'm a real poster. I'm thinking about hooking myself up to a Voight-Kampff machine.

And an email out to all of the members, right? 
Reply/Quote