Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW FORUM URL
I've visited this place over the past few days, didn't realize I wasn't logged in. I was like 'where the hell did PnR go, and where is everyone at?'

Other than that, I've just been waiting for the correction (now new site) to be made. Hopefully everyone else is doing the same. This board was going strong!

Anybody that belongs to other Bengals sites should get the word out. This is the only one I belong to and the only one I'm interested in.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 02:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: We appreciate everyone's patience with this matter. I know it's been very annoying.

We have acquired a new domain and it will be permanent. The new domain will not be activated until sometime Saturday. This will give us a couple of days to get the word out. I will be posting an announcement on the main page to let people know, as well as sending out emails to every member. I would also appreciate any help that you guys could give as far as spreading the word on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

The new domain will be http://www.thebengalsboard.com

Same site, same host, same servers, just a new URL.

Again, thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.

BJ

It hasn't been annoying bro.....just kinda stumped for a minute....then kinda concerned the once strong numbers wouldn't return....I'd sure hate to see this place go down.  We were rapidly approaching 1000 members.  That's pretty damn good in 6 month's time, considering how things went down at that other place.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 02:46 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I've visited this place over the past few days, didn't realize I wasn't logged in. I was like 'where the hell did PnR go, and where is everyone at?'

Other than that, I've just been waiting for the correction (now new site) to be made. Hopefully everyone else is doing the same. This board was going strong!

Anybody that belongs to other Bengals sites should get the word out. This is the only one I belong to and the only one I'm interested in.

(11-19-2015, 02:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: It hasn't been annoying bro.....just kinda stumped for a minute....then kinda concerned the once strong numbers wouldn't return....I'd sure hate to see this place go down.  We were rapidly approaching 1000 members.  That's pretty damn good in 6 month's time, considering how things went down at that other place.

I'll be sending out multiple emails to every member over the next couple of days to alert them of the new URL. We'll be working to make sure everyone gets notified and knows where to go.
Reply/Quote
Will our post counts and avi's and everything transfer over??
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 03:00 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Will our post counts and avi's and everything transfer over??

Nothing will change other than the URL. We are still with the same host, on the same exact servers. The setup here will remain exactly the same...just with a new address.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for your job, buddy !

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 02:03 AM)eoxyod Wrote: It's a little more complicated than that, and trust us when we say we obviously wouldn't want to lose our users the way we have. 

Is it not possible to leave some kind of message/redirect on the old URL that the site has moved?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 02:57 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:
I'll be sending out multiple emails to every member over the next couple of days to alert them of the new URL. We'll be working to make sure everyone gets notified and knows where to go.

I'd not be real comfortable with advertising this site on other 'bengals boards'--there are those that are registered here and other sites--but putting something on reddit might help. I've seen a few names there, that are here also, and may not be aware of what happened.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 02:32 PM)kdgjr Wrote: And an email out to all of the members, right? 

I believe that's part of the plan to let anyone know who hasn't heard otherwise.

(11-19-2015, 03:00 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Will our post counts and avi's and everything transfer over??

Everyone except the Steelers fans. We're starting them over at 0 with avi's where Big Ben's head is photoshopped on the little cheerleader girl.

(11-19-2015, 03:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Is it not possible to leave some kind of message/redirect on the old URL that the site has moved?

Unfortunately, no.
Reply/Quote
In the meantime retweet the message on the twitter page and if any of you all know other people on the site, spread teh message to them
Reply/Quote
so what happened then? How are we ensured it won't happen again?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 10:07 PM)basballguy Wrote: so what happened then?  How are we ensured it won't happen again?

I'm not sure there's ANY guarantees when the internet is involved.  But whatever happened, I think they're doing what they can to keep the board alive, and that's good enough for me.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 11:03 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'm not sure there's ANY guarantees when the internet is involved.  But whatever happened, I think they're doing what they can to keep the board alive, and that's good enough for me.

i support keeping the board alive as well....but really though...this isn't a corporate conspiracy...a simple explanation of what happened should be provided.  

I've held onto domains since 2002.  It's not hard...
Reply/Quote
I'm on same page idc that my pms and tweets are being ignored no hard feelings just want to know what the heck happened
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
The link in the email I received from Holic did not work. http://www.bengalsboard.icyboards.com (even when I tried to change it to .net)

A private message (w/ a link) from Mike M worked though.  Glad to be back.  If Holic and or mods do pm's to everyone that may help.... Possibly
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 01:45 AM)basballguy Wrote: i support keeping the board alive as well....but really though...this isn't a corporate conspiracy...a simple explanation of what happened should be provided.  

I've held onto domains since 2002.  It's not hard...

The community is back and running and a new domain has been provided last time I checked none of us donate or have to look at advertisements to help keep it running so there's no reason why anyone has to jump and provide a reason before they are ready just because curious minds want to know. Give the team time to sort out their issues and I'm willing to bet we will be hearing an explanation.

Why be so pushy like you're entitled to an answer within so many hours?
Reply/Quote
We've begun the DNS propagation, so it may be as early as the evening that our URL will officially change to http://www.thebengalsboard.com.

We we be working over the weekend to try to get the word to everyone...with emails, on Twitter, etc.

I would ask that any member who is on Facebook, Twitter, another Bengals forum, etc...please share the new url a few times so that's it's available for everyone to find.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 03:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: We've begun the DNS proagation, so it may be as early as the evening that our URL will officially change to http://www.thebengalsboard.com.

We we be working over the weekend to try to get the word to everyone...with emails, on Twitter, etc.

I would ask that any member who is on Facebook, Twitter, another Bengals forum, etc...please share the new url a few times so that's it's available for everyone to find.

One of the admins needs to run on the field the next home Bengals game holding a TheBengalsBoard.com poster.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 08:23 PM)6andcounting Wrote: One of the admins needs to run on the field the next home Bengals game holding a TheBengalsBoard.com poster.

[Image: giphy1.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 11:59 AM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote:  The community is back and running and a new domain has been provided last time I checked none of us donate or have to look at advertisements to help keep it running so there's no reason why anyone has to jump and provide a reason before they are ready just because curious minds want to know. Give the team time to sort out their issues and I'm willing to bet we will be hearing an explanation.

Why be so pushy like you're entitled to an answer within so many hours?

who said anything about being entitled...I really am just being curious.  I own several domain names like many people and if there's something new which could cause me to lose it, i'd damn sure like to know about it.

Get off your high horse, nobody cares you're up there.  
Reply/Quote