Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW FORUM URL
(11-21-2015, 02:17 AM)basballguy Wrote: who said anything about being entitled...I really am just being curious.  I own several domain names like many people and if there's something new which could cause me to lose it, i'd damn sure like to know about it.

Get off your high horse, nobody cares you're up there.  

You don't say you're entitled you act like it. LOL

You've been critical of the forum team in just about all of your post in this thread with absolutely no knowledge of what happened.

"How in the world did you f that up?  Did someone forget to pay the bill? Lord."

"I've held onto domains for years no problem...it's not that hard."

Just because you "damn sure like to know about it" doesn't mean you deserve to know.

Pot meet kettle. Your horse is twice as tall as mine. I'm assuming the team has families, jobs and a Thanksgiving holiday right around the corner. With all that in mind I can't get upset because they haven't responded to every question right now. Especially if this was thrown in their lap all of a sudden.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 09:09 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: [Image: giphy1.gif]
:lmao: Sure glad I checked my email today. Don't know what you got till its gone. 
Reply/Quote
Funny how this happened after the Bengals first loss.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 08:07 PM)6andcounting Wrote: It's like the Noah's Arc of message board revamps. The people who were unwanted were accidentally left out of the email.

I messaged nately120 and interceptor on go bengals. Brad on Fb  Cool
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2015, 12:51 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: You don't say you're entitled you act like it. LOL

You've been critical of the forum team in just about all of your post in this thread with absolutely no knowledge of what happened.

"How in the world did you f that up?  Did someone forget to pay the bill? Lord."

Just because you "damn sure like to know about it" doesn't mean you deserve to know.

Pot meet kettle. Your horse is twice as tall as mine. I'm assuming the team has families, jobs and a Thanksgiving holiday right around the corner. With all that in mind I can't get upset because they haven't responded to every question right now. Especially if this was thrown in their lap all of a sudden.
 I agree ExtraRadiohead with what you said about giving them time,I'm sure we are on a need to know basis. I'm just glad our home is up and running. Kudos to BJ,Benton,eoxy and bengaldude not sure if I missed a mod, if I did kudos to you. Rep 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2015, 12:51 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: You don't say you're entitled you act like it. LOL

typed a few things, deleted a few things....ultimately decided your efforts to be an internet hero here aren't worth my time.  Think i'll just throw you on the ignore list instead.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Our url is officially TheBengalsBoard.com now. It should be working for everyone.

Now, we just have to make sure everyone gets notified. We'll continue emailing members and posting the new url on Twitter. As mentioned earlier, we could also use help from any member on FB or Twitter to help get the word out to everyone.

Thanks, BJ
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2015, 10:33 PM)basballguy Wrote: typed a few things, deleted a few things....ultimately decided your efforts to be an internet hero here aren't worth my time.  Think i'll just throw you on the ignore list instead.

Some people are afraid of confrontation. Rolleyes

and if standing up for common courtesy makes me a "hero" then we are in bad shape.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2015, 10:42 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Our url is officially TheBengalsBoard.com now. It should be working for everyone.

Now, we just have to make sure everyone gets notified. We'll continue emailing members and posting the new url on Twitter. As mentioned earlier, we could also use help from any member on FB or Twitter to help get the word out to everyone.

Thanks, BJ

Why would you change a URL without notifying people first? I've been looking for this for days, I received no email, and did not see any post about the change. Luckily, I found your Twitter I am sure there are plenty of people like me who transitioned from bengals.com and are not on any other forum, that are like what the hell happened! 

From the looks of members logged on this is a big problem. If you google Bengals board the first hit is the bengalsboard.net which obviously is no good and bengalsboard.com is not found in a search. In any event I hope you are able to maintain this community that to me is the only true continuation of the old board.

*UPDATE* I did get an email, it went to Gmail's junk folder. Thanks, hope many others aren't having the same problem!
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 03:56 AM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Why would you change a URL without notifying people first? I've been looking for this for days, I received no email, and did not see any post about the change. Luckily, I found your Twitter I am sure there are plenty of people like me who transitioned from bengals.com and are not on any other forum, that are like what the hell happened! 

From the looks of members logged on this is a big problem. If you google Bengals board the first hit is the bengalsboard.net which obviously is no good and bengalsboard.com is not found in a search. In any event I hope you are able to maintain this community that to me is the only true continuation of the old board.

*UPDATE* I did get an email, it went to Gmail's junk folder. Thanks, hope many others aren't having the same problem!

You are not the first to find it in a junk folder. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

The Force is strong in this one ^. Well articulated, young Jedi.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
To all those in charge of this place, Thank You for keeping it up and running and for finding us the new "home." I appreciate all your hard work and the place to come and discuss my Bengals!

Thanks again!!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
I felt lost for 5 days

Reply/Quote
So now that we're all settled down in our new home, could we please get an explanation as to what happened to cause this procession of events?
Reply/Quote
Good luck they keep beating around the bush likes its top secret and ignore this question. It's not like I honestly even care but instead of telling me to keep spreading the word (which I'm really not capable of doing) just tell us what happened it's not like well get mad I'm already over it
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
What's our Twitter handle? I didn't even know we had Twitter here. How about Facebook?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 02:39 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: What's our Twitter handle?  I didn't even know we had Twitter here. How about Facebook?

https://twitter.com/thebengalsboard

https://www.facebook.com/TheBengalsBoard/

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Now that the domain situation is fixed, and we have our permanent one...I know that the obvious question is "what the hell happened?".

Well, I will give you the short version. When I was putting this board together, I put it together quickly on a free platform, with the intent of moving to a paid host after everything was done, which we did. When we were preparing to move to the paid host, another member offered to let us use his 'bengalsboard.net' url, and I agreed.

In retrospect, that was a terrible idea and completely my fault for not getting my own domain name at the time. That member recently became unsatisfied with his role, and with certain actions/decisions that he thought should have or shouldn't have occurred recently. I won't get into those specifics much more, because those things are handled by the staff.

But, when the member didn't get his way...he literally took his ball (the url) and went home. Attempts were made by myself and even the host site, to reason with him or to reach a deal where we could get the url. Unfortunately, we couldn't reach an agreement. So, we had to get a new domain name, thebengalsboard.com.

It wasn't something we wanted to happen, and now there is work to do to get everyone back in the fold, and get the new domain quickly ranked with Google. Again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and frustration that this caused. I know it's been a pain in the ass.

Thanks,
BJ
Reply/Quote
Usually people just give neg rep when they get butthurt. Destroying the board is some next level butthurt.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2015, 03:15 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Usually people just give neg rep when they get butthurt. Destroying the board is some next level butthurt.

Yes. Definitely a ***** move. Glad the drama is now all in the rear-view and we can go forward with no problems. 

Reply/Quote