Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFC Championship Game: Rams @ Saints Game Day Thread
I hate to see this win based on a terrible non-call like that, because it just feels tainted. We have all seen so many ticky-tack calls made this year, but in a game of this magnitude there is no way that should have been a non-call. I feel for Who Dat nation on this one, and my boy Brees.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 08:27 PM)motoarch Wrote: Not rooting for the patriots no matter what
No problem because the Pats aren't going to win in Kansas City
Reply/Quote

Glad it wasn't the Bengals - could you imagine Hilarious

Reply/Quote
We get jobbed by the refs even when we aren't playing! LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 08:24 PM)Joelist Wrote: And the NFL's reputation is officially destroyed forever. The refs literally caused the wrong team to go to the Super Bowl. 

It'll be completely forgotten by the time the combine rolls around. Officiating has been like that for a few years now and not likely to change.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Actually there were two no calls on blatant PI. The one everyone talked about and one on the Brees INT. That also was blocking the WR out of the play with the ball in the air.
Reply/Quote
Yeah the refs suck what else is new ? Football must succeed in LA yo

Kinda shocked Brees got hosed at home though. That doesn't make sense.

Edit:
Possible Karma for bounty gate is possible

Reply/Quote
Still got a shot at a HC with a SB ring.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 08:28 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I hate to see this win based on a terrible non-call like that, because it just feels tainted. We have all seen so many ticky-tack calls made this year, but in a game of this magnitude there is no way that should have been a non-call. I feel for Who Dat nation on this one, and my boy Brees.

Me too but.....The Saints left a lot of plays on the field and Brees missed a lot of throws !
Reply/Quote
A no call like that in a conference championship game is just plain inexcusable. Glad for ol Whit tho....

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 08:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: A no call like that in a conference championship game is just plain inexcusable. Glad for ol Whit tho....

There was a couple PIs besides that one then the no whistle on forward progress at the end.

They should fine the refs lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 08:52 PM)Synric Wrote: There was a couple PIs besides that one then the no whistle on forward progress at the end.

No they should fire them.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 08:52 PM)Synric Wrote: There was a couple PIs besides that one then the no whistle on forward progress at the end.

You're right, that's one of the worst reffed postseason games I've seen. Pitt/Seattle SB notwithstanding....

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 08:52 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: No they should fire them.

This.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 08:27 PM)motoarch Wrote: Not rooting for the patriots no matter what

If they are there, I will root for them to embarass the Rams.

On a plus side, if they manage to do so, then Tommy Boy and Bill might finally walk away...
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 08:28 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: No problem because the Pats aren't going to win in Kansas City

Is that so?
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 09:55 PM)motoarch Wrote: Is that so?

Yeah, the old man looks to be on tonight.  Still :30 to play, but this is starting to look like a Typical TB/BB special.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
There's no reason why blatant missed calls can't be reviewed. None.

The only argument I've ever heard even attempt against expanded replay is that the game may take longer. But somehow having the wrong team win and the game ending 5 minutes sooner doesn't seam like a good idea so maybe some people are just morons.

I hope a more blatant wrong call decides the AFC game. I hope a more blatant wrong call decides the Super Bowl. This isn't a "whoa, we could have never seen that coming moment - let's make a change" for the league. The league has had enough cameras and angles to have a central office radio in reversed calls to the refs in a matter of seconds for decades. I'm on the side of saying bad calls are ineptitude and not game fixing conspiracies, but when the league wants the refs' human error to deicide games instead of deferring to undeniable video replay, it really looks like they just want to position themselves to be able to let bad call changes outcomes without the possibility of making obvious corrections.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 06:57 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Of all the places he's looked, not once has he checked Lost and Found.

It's been sitting in that box since 1977...

Makes no sense to me. You can buy new salt shakers anywhere...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 09:17 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: If they are there, I will root for them to embarass the Rams.

It’s ok that you’re wrong, I’ll allow it
Reply/Quote