Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NFL Approves PAT's kicked from the 15 yard line
Want to make them "more interesting".

PAT's moved back
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good. 100% for this. When something's an automatic thing 99% of the time, mix it up.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
But how long will that last remains to be known?!
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
Good change especially on windy days. The additionnal point will no more be automatic.
Reply/Quote
Now, you'll see returns on blocked PATs and turnovers on 2 PT conversions, and it will be exciting. You'll also see more flexibility in the scoring / scoreboard.

I was in favor of the NFL bringing in the 2 point conversion for times when a coach wanted to gamble. For the most part though, most coaches choose not to gamble but instead follow the chart that dictates when you should kick vs. when you should go for 2.

The fact that you can now give your opponent 2 points on a conversion attempt makes the conversion even more risky than an additional 13 yards added to the kick.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
Will we be seeing Larger Kicker contracts as a result of this move?

Also love that you can score 2 points on turnovers that are ran back.. (im pretty sure years ago you could do that in madden i didnt realize that rule had been removed)
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 10:10 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Now, you'll see returns on blocked PATs and turnovers on 2 PT conversions, and it will be exciting.  You'll also see more flexibility in the scoring / scoreboard.

I was in favor of the NFL bringing in the 2 point conversion for times when a coach wanted to gamble.  For the most part though, most coaches choose not to gamble but instead follow the chart that dictates when you should kick vs. when you should go for 2.

The fact that you can now give your opponent 2 points on a conversion attempt makes the conversion even more risky than an additional 13 yards added to the kick.

When they say you can score on blocked attempts and such does that mean 2 points like in college or an actual touchdown? Because I thought you could already score points on a blocked attempt and such?
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 02:34 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: When they say you can score on blocked attempts and such does that mean 2 points like in college or an actual touchdown? Because I thought you could already score points on a blocked attempt and such?

It'll be two points if you return the extra point or 2 point conversion. It'll be a touchdown if it's a field goal.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Personally, I think this move is mostly for TV. Who sticks around to watch the extra point? Now, the beer will wait.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I don't like this new rule. I'm going to be so pissed if we lose a game by Nugent missing an extra point.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I'm with Jay Mohr and his take on this. Keep the line of scrimmage where it is, but have one upright. Either go for two, or your kicker has to hit the upright.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2015, 11:36 PM)Harmening Wrote: I'm with Jay Mohr and his take on this.  Keep the line of scrimmage where it is, but have one upright.  Either go for two, or your kicker has to hit the upright.

:vomit:

I would not like this haha.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Justin Tucker was pretty excited about this.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I like the rule change, it will add some drama and excitement to an otherwise dull part of the game. More teams going for 2, both sides actually having to focus and play hard on PAT attempts? Good for the game, great for the fans.

Additionally, I feel like it will impact some teams' roster decisions, making guys with STs niche abilities just a little more valuable.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2015, 10:46 PM)magikod Wrote: I don't like this new rule. I'm going to be so pissed if we lose a game by Nugent missing an extra point.

Yeah, but you'll be elated if our opponent's kicker misses his game-winning extra point. It'll all balance out.

Maybe Nugent's rough patch is behind him for good and it's all gravy here on out.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote