Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Bias (shocker)
Go figure Chad Reuter would have it out to puff up the Steelers and Ravens while putting down the Bengals. The Browns had a great day 1 but out of ALL the teams picking last night the only picks they graded worse than The Bengals was the Bears and Broncos. Was the pick that bad ( I don't think so) or is it just typical Bengals draft coverage?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000802934/article/2017-nfl-draft-day-1-quicksnap-grades-for-all-32-teams
[Image: sig_zpsweeg0dtn.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 12:59 PM)nkydiesel88 Wrote: Go figure Chad Reuter would have it out to puff up the Steelers and Ravens while putting down the Bengals. The Browns had a great day 1 but out of ALL the teams picking last night the only picks they graded worse than The Bengals was the Bears and Broncos. Was the pick that bad ( I don't think so) or is it just typical Bengals draft coverage?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000802934/article/2017-nfl-draft-day-1-quicksnap-grades-for-all-32-teams

It's not bias just because someone said something bad. Seriously, it doesn't even matter or have any impact on anything.
Reply/Quote
It's one man's opinion. Who gives a ****.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 12:59 PM)nkydiesel88 Wrote: Go figure Chad Reuter would have it out to puff up the Steelers and Ravens while putting down the Bengals. The Browns had a great day 1 but out of ALL the teams picking last night the only picks they graded worse than The Bengals was the Bears and Broncos. Was the pick that bad ( I don't think so) or is it just typical Bengals draft coverage?

How are you determining the only picks graded worse than the Bengals was Bears and Broncos? John Ross selection was considered a B. Rams, Vikings, Bears, Broncos, and Patriots all got C's.

EDIT - I'm dumb and didn't realize the Rams, Vikings, and Pats didn't pick but still got a rating.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Less than impressed with his draft coverage anyway. F him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
What? You're questioning the credibility of the pundits? Why they're right 100 percent of the time. There is simply no such thing as a pundit that's full of shit.. 
Perhaps I have that backwards..no such thing as a pundit that isn't full of shit.
You can take it to the bank that if the pundits tell us that so and so is the greatest thing since sliced bread sliced bread was invented 4 seconds ago.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Meanwhile NFL Network coverage was pretty nice to us, in fact they spent real time on our pick and did not go to commercial when we came up.
Reply/Quote
I gotta say that I have never really given the ABC grading  system much credence . As a kid my best talent was in art and I was darn good at it, but I got an F in art in 7th grade because I had almost zero interest in drawing 40 pages of O's and instead dedicated my 7th grade artwork to drawing my version of the women featured in the pages of Playboy magazine. 
Sure, O's are important, but naked women are importanter to a 13 year old boy.. 
As for letter grades in the NFL draft?  Absolutely pointless gibberish. Pundits love to engage in predicting the future, but they're not generally very good at it.   
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 01:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: How are you determining the only picks graded worse than the Bengals was Bears and Broncos? John Ross selection was considered a B. Rams, Vikings, Bears, Broncos, and Patriots all got C's.

well to be fair Vikings, Rams, and Pats didn't have a pick
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 01:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: well to be fair Vikings, Rams, and Pats didn't have a pick

Lol good point. I didn't pay attention to the whole draft so when I saw the ratings of C for those teams I just assumed they picked someone.
But now that you mention that fact, I think it's dumb that the lowest ranking was a C.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I thought this thread was going to be about the annoying ball slurping festival the NFL did over Rooney. No other owner (Including the more influential Paul Brown or visible Al Davis) received this type of nut hugging from the league. The draft is not the time or place for it.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I don't know who this cat is, but overall it seemed opinions were mixed at worst. I didn't see any terrible grades last night. Some really liked the pick, some were "meh". The worst grade I saw was a C+ from Walter, who lowered the grade because he thought we should've drafted Allen or Hooker.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
He gave the browns a better grade then ravens and is he wrong about Ross? You're seeing what you want to not what was actually said.
Reply/Quote