Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL COY Odds
(12-28-2021, 06:35 PM)Earendil Wrote: I don't know why I am doing this, but whatever.

As has been brought out to you many, many times, if those two teams beat us like they usually do, then their combined records would be 19-10-1.

Ownage, I declare ownage for Earendil.  Mellow

Oh and BTW if we beat the Chiefs, Zac Taylor should definitely be the front runner for Coach of the year IMO.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 12:12 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ownage, I declare ownage for Earendil.  Mellow

Oh and BTW if we beat the Chiefs, Zac Taylor should definitely be the front runner for Coach of the year IMO.

Earendil's post was definitely ownage material but when you think about it, owning Toasty isn't that difficult since his posts are so juvenile in nature.

If Zac beats the Chiefs and possibly finishes the year 11-6 while getting into the playoffs, COY Zac it is!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 12:15 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Earendil's post was definitely ownage material but when you think about it, owning Toasty isn't that difficult since his posts are so juvenile in nature.

If Zac beats the Chiefs and possibly finishes the year 11-6 while getting into the playoffs, COY Zac it is!

All true Tecmo! Rock On
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 12:23 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true Tecmo! Rock On

In all seriousness, I hope Zac gets some COY love and this marks the beginning of many consecutive winning seasons for him. I hope all Zac naysayers, myself included, are wrong about him.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 12:25 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: In all seriousness, I hope Zac gets some COY love and this marks the beginning of many consecutive winning seasons for him. I hope all Zac naysayers, myself included, are wrong about him.

The one thing about Zac is he is young and learning. As long as we keep improving the trenches and keep Burrow upright I don't
see how we don't have many consecutive winning seasons. He is just figuring it out, same with the young talented players etc.

This is, even if we miss the Playoffs this season like we all would dread. 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 12:36 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The one thing about Zac is he is young and learning. As long as we keep improving the trenches and keep Burrow upright I don't
see how we don't have many consecutive winning seasons. He is just figuring it out, same with the young talented players etc.

This is, even if we miss the Playoffs this season like we all would dread. 

Yea, it's easy to be impatient as a sports fan but it's valuable to give a team a chance to rebuild. This is his third year and he's now demonstrating he has the team trending the right direction by securing a winning season. Let's hope for the division, playoffs, and more.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 06:13 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Fair enough, those were nice surprises, but I still think he has under-performed, overall.
They even mentioned something to that effect on NFL Network, last night... that the Bengals still lose too many games that they "should" win.

Name a team that has not lost game or 2 they should have won, I would argue he has won more than expected to win, all teams have talent it limits the nfl for a reason but more kudos go to ZT since he transformed this team with the talent over last 3 yrs
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 12:52 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Name a team that has not lost game or 2 they should have won, I would argue he has won more than expected to win, all teams have talent it limits the nfl for a reason but more kudos go to ZT since he transformed this team with the talent over last 3 yrs

The 1972 Miami Dolphins.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 12:55 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The 1972 Miami Dolphins.  Hilarious

Good one but of course I was referencing this year for the award
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 01:00 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Good one but of course I was referencing this year for the award

I assumed as much, but had to have some fun. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 07:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is total bs. How anyone can claim we haven’t over-performed is beyond me.

(12-28-2021, 07:13 PM)pally Wrote: They may have underperformed to OUR expectations but they overperformed to the expectations of the so-called experts heading into the season.

Fair enough, but yea... I meant OUR expectations.
I don't really give a crap about PFF's and Vegas' "predictions," as they're usually based on the previous season.
OVER-PERFORMING teams/coaches BEAT Green Bay, DON'T LOSE to the Jets with Mike White, take it down the field and WIN in OT vs San Fran, etc.  This team was so close to already having 10, 11, 13 wins!  But, instead, they performed "as expected" or even under-performed.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 10:33 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Fair enough, but yea... I meant OUR expectations.
I don't really give a crap about PFF's and Vegas' "predictions," as they're usually based on the previous season.
OVER-PERFORMING teams/coaches BEAT Green Bay, DON'T LOSE to the Jets with Mike White, take it down the field and WIN in OT vs San Fran, etc.  This team was so close to already having 10, 11, 13 wins!  But, instead, they performed "as expected" or even under-performed.
Lol overperforming teams go from 1-5 in their division to now 4-1 in division,  underperforming teams do the opposite...good try again...
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 10:39 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Lol overperforming teams go from 1-5 in their division to now 4-1 in division,  underperforming teams do the opposite...good try again...

The teams in "their division" aren't nearly as good as last season.  Hell, Pittsburgh was 10-0 at one point, last season?
Everyone can see that this team has the talent to be better than their record currently is, but instead they've done the very definition of "underperformed."  

Look, I'm happy they've done as well as they have... I just want, and expect, more.
Reply/Quote
Id give it to the Green Bay Coach..... for this season... But taylor has had his best season yet by a long shot... Not sure its the best in the league though for a coach

Or Belichick again for his run with the rookie
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 10:33 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Fair enough, but yea... I meant OUR expectations.

Sure, I remember there were so many people on this board predicting and expecting the Bengals to have 10 or more wins by this point in the offseason. Rolleyes

The lengths people have to go to avoid giving Taylor ANY credit is astounding.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

There's logic involved with their predictions though.
You typically don't expect greater than a few more wins compared to the previous year, as that's "normal" improvement.
I expected 9 in the best case scenario, but realistically I expected 7-8, which would have been a good jump from 4-11-1 the previous year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 07:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is total bs. How anyone can claim we haven’t over-performed is beyond me.

It's amazing. Even a guy like me, that's been lukewarm to Zac instead of all out hate or homerism, predicted 7 wins. Some thought 5-6, and some media outlets said 3. The more we win, the more people make excuses for winning, and blame all losses on the guy. Where's the objectivity?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 10:59 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Sure, I remember there were so many people on this board predicting and expecting the Bengals to have 10 or more wins by this point in the offseason. Rolleyes

The lengths people have to go to avoid giving Taylor ANY credit is astounding.

Oh hell no... that wasn't me.  I gave up on trying to "predict" wins and losses long ago... it's a lost cause.
I'm going by what we saw on the field during the season, as it went on.  You could see the occasional flashes of talent, but they couldn't do it consistently... that is the very definition of underperforming.
Also, I've lost count of the number of times I saw "we've got too much talent to be this bad" in the Game Day thread, or elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 11:21 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Oh hell no... that wasn't me.  I gave up on trying to "predict" wins and losses long ago... it's a lost cause.

Doesn't matter. According to you the Bengals have not lived up to expectations. Yet, almost NO ONE predicted the Bengals to have a winning season, let alone 10 or more wins. The fact is that the Bengals have EXCEEDED expectations.

(12-29-2021, 11:21 AM)Tomkat Wrote: I'm going by what we saw on the field during the season, as it went on.  You could see the occasional flashes of talent, but they couldn't do it consistently... the is the very definition of underperforming.

So, Burrow should have MORE than 4300 yards and 30 TDs? Mixon should have MORE than 1100 yards and 13 TDs? We should have MORE than TWO 1,000 yard receivers? Hendrickson should have MORE than 14 sacks?

Where exactly are we "underperforming"?

And again, show me where ANYONE, let alone everyone, expected our guys to have these kinds of stats let alone MORE than what they have. 

(12-29-2021, 11:21 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Also, I've lost count of the number of times I saw "we've got too much talent to be this bad" in the Game Day thread, or elsewhere.

It's the GameDay thread. The same place where people will declare a game over in the 1st QTR after a turnover or the season over in Game 1 after a bad play. So, if you're basis for "underperforming" is the GameDay thread then it's literally not worth the paper it's printed on.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 11:28 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Doesn't matter. According to you the Bengals have not lived up to expectations. Yet, almost NO ONE predicted the Bengals to have a winning season, let alone 10 or more wins. The fact is that the Bengals have EXCEEDED expectations.

So, Burrow should have MORE than 4300 yards and 30 TDs? Mixon should have MORE than 1100 yards and 13 TDs? We should have MORE than TWO 1,000 yard receivers? Hendrickson should have MORE than 14 sacks?

Where exactly are we "underperforming"?

And again, show me where ANYONE, let alone everyone, expected our guys to have these kinds of stats let alone MORE than what they have. 

It's the GameDay thread. The same place where people will declare a game over in the 1st QTR after a turnover or the season over in Game 1 after a bad play. So, if you're basis for "underperforming" is the GameDay thread then it's literally not worth the paper it's printed on.

The only thing I see that could be considered underperforming would be the games where we've turned the ball over way too many times to win.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote