Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Can Mock This.
I usually do 4 total Mocks Drafts every year (Pre-Season, December, Post Senior Bowl, and Final) but with an upcoming AFC Championship Game coming its time for new Traditions. Admittedly for me this Mock was more fun because the Bengals are picking at the very least 29th which puts those end round to top of the next round prospects into play.

1. Nicholas Petit-Frere OT Ohio State - I'll get alot of push back for this pick but NPF is a high floor high ceiling player that has positional and scheme versitiliy. He can continue to develop at Right Tackle for the Bengals over the next couple of years and allow them to make a desicion on Jonah Williams when his 5th year is up.

2. Quay Walker LB Georgia - Nakobe Dean, Jordan Davis, Devonte Wyatt, and Travon Walker get all the headlines but Quay Walker is just as gifted. He is built like a Edge Defender but can move like a Defensive Back. Think Akeem Davis-Gaither but with size and length. Quay took a huge jump from 2020 to 2021 and he is the kinda clay I would love to give over to Al Golden (with some Marion Hobby mixed in).

3. Haskell Garrett DT Ohio State - High Motor penetrating Defensive Tackle with great leverage but with solid length. Garrett is the kinda IDL the Bengals want to add to their rotation.

4. Tre Turner WR Virginia Tech - Inside/Outside Receiver with alot of talent and great hands but runs a limited route tree for VT. He will need alot of work with his releases and routes but day 3 your looking for talent and special teams.

4. Dohnavan West IOL Arizona State - West kinda fell down draft boards with his inconsistent play at Center in 2021 but mostly because it was his first year at the spot. He has played all 3 interior line spots and shows position and scheme versitiliy. Developmental Center going into Trey's last year.

5. Sevyn Banks CB Ohio State - Banks was supposed to be the next top corner out of Ohio State but everytime he was matched up against a top receiver he got bullied physically. He still has the makings of a good corner but can start out of special teams and continue to develop

6. Leddie Brown RB West Virginia - Brown is a big back with excellent contact balance. He is experienced as a runner, pass catcher, and pass blocker. He was better in 2020 but danced around the holes in 2021 behind worse blocking.

7. Jack Coan QB Notre Dame - Considered a Game Managing QB but has the size, arm, and is a smart QB. Bengals really need to develop a Backup QB to sit behind Burrow.

7. Britan Covey PR/KR/WR Utah - Covey is one of my favorite players in college football. He is close to 40 and could have been on the cast of Willow but Covey is just a baller. The guy just makes plays with the ball in his hands.

PS: Everyone knows I am not an Ohio State fan the draft just worked out this way lol. Its not a surprise though programs like Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Clemson etc... Recruit top talent.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I can live with this draft if we do a ton on the offensive line in FA
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 10:22 PM)JoyrideJoe15 Wrote: I can live with this draft if we do a ton on the offensive line in FA

I don't do Free Agency anymore for alot of reasons. #1 We wont know the actual 2022 cap until pretty much the start of free agency. #2 Players are either alot more expensive or alot cheaper than everyone guesses. #3 People tend to go either overboard resigning everyone and getting every high tier free agent even though that is improbable or they talk about signing tier two guys and everyone jumps on them for being realistic. #4 and most important these Mocks should be about the draft prospects and that gets lost behind Free Agent arguements.

I think Nicholas Petit-Frere is a 1st round prospect they can start on the offense line.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 12:03 PM)Synric Wrote: I don't do Free Agency anymore for alot of reasons. #1 We wont know the actual 2022 cap until pretty much the start of free agency. #2 Players are either alot more expensive or alot cheaper than everyone guesses. #3 People tend to go either overboard resigning everyone and getting every high tier free agent even though that is improbable or they talk about signing tier two guys and everyone jumps on them for being realistic. #4 and most important these Mocks should be about the draft prospects and that gets lost behind Free Agent arguements.

I think Nicholas Petit-Frere is a 1st round prospect they can start on the offense line.

Still waiting for an ohio state offensive lineman to really hit. I see ur case in regards to FA but to be honest I don’t want to start a single rookie on the offensive line next year. So sick of risking burrow with every snap.

Love quay walker tho and really think he’s a steal there and steps right in next to Logan Wilson.
Reply/Quote