Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Commish: ‘Fans should be OK with anthem protest.
Quote:I feel like the problem with innocent blacks being murdered in this country is being massively exaggerated
And just suppose someone in your family is killed by a cop for no good reason.. I suspect you might feel quite differently. 
Sure things do get blown out of proportion, but this isn't an ideological issue of liberal vs conservative, but feel free to pretend that it is.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
if it bleeds it leads........on an NFL sideline during a regular season game there are easily 100+ people........the cameras seek out the 1 or 2 who sit or kneel..........totally ignoring the other 100 who are standing and singing........controversy is what the media lives for
Reply/Quote
The more attention that is paid to this issue, the more it breeds hatred and divides. The press love making it huge news and does blow many stories way out of proportion to get ratings. They realize they are fueling hate, but hate is good business for the media. Many blacks and whites are not racist and prefer a society of acceptance in each other. They don't want to hate each other, until you tell them to. The media is great at brainwashing. This nation has had a long struggle in becoming who we are today. We can even be better. Not standing for the national anthem is not a way to improve anything, it just fuels the fire. In addition, it's disrespectful to all races who have fought, died, supported and suffered through not only the wars to defend it, but also those who fought to change it for the better. If you don't want to stand or even support the cause, I guess that's your right. Just make sure your doing it for the right reasons and not for attention or a self serving agenda or because your girlfriend told you not to.

Reply/Quote
Quote:And just suppose someone in your family is killed by a cop for no good reason.. I suspect you might feel quite differently. 
Sure things do get blown out of proportion, but this isn't an ideological issue of liberal vs conservative, but feel free to pretend that it is.  

I would feel differently because I'd be blinded by emotion. The facts tell a different story, and logic - not emotion - is vital with this issue. Otherwise, you're seeing a problem that isn't there...or at least isn't the nationwide epidemic it's being painted as. 

The bigger problem...the REAL problem is that we're being divided, which is leading to widespread violence and hate.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
This is the way it should be done! Kudo's!!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/derek-carr-has-powerful-explanation-for-gesture-during-national-anthem/ar-AAqo91e?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=U348DHP

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 12:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This is the way it should be done! Kudo's!!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/derek-carr-has-powerful-explanation-for-gesture-during-national-anthem/ar-AAqo91e?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=U348DHP

Outstanding job by Derek and Khalil. That's how you do it. We need unity.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Speaking of unity, a song written in 1989 still perfectly describes what's going on now.

Theres a war going down between my brothers tonight
I dont want no war going down, going down tonight
Stop this war (2x)
Civilization ha I call it as I see it
I call it bullshit you know I still cannot believe it
Our evolution now has gone the way of hate
A world evolved resolved into this stupid fate
Stop this war (x2)
All so different yeah I say were all the same
All caught you know in the division game
Self destruction fast impending like a bullet
No one can stop it once its fired no one can control it
Stop this war (x2)
A final word, wait it's not a call to action
We aint no sect, no this aint no ***** faction
Unity unity unity you've heard it all before
This time its not exclusive we want to stop a war
Stop this war (x2)
Ain't nothin wrong, with another unity song (x2)
Ain't nothin wrong (x4)
With a unity song!
Stop this war (x2)
Unity as one stand together
Unity evolutions gonna come (x4
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 03:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Outstanding job by Derek and Khalil. That's how you do it. We need unity.

The problem: Media will not take this to the hill. They will let it slide away into yesterday because it breathes unity. Not a good business decision for them to give a lot of attention to it. They have to have division.

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 04:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The problem: Media will not take this to the hill. They will let it slide away into yesterday because it breathes unity. Not a good business decision for them to give a lot of attention to it. They have to have division.

They'd rather keep the clicks and ratings coming than use their considerable influence to do the right thing by the people. 

Shameful.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2017, 04:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They'd rather keep the clicks and ratings coming than use their considerable influence to do the right thing by the people. 

Shameful.

Sad

Reply/Quote
So many people will full on white knight for the American flag or a song about it, and find it hard to do when a cop escapes jail for murdering a black guy due to piss-poor training, an itchy trigger finger, unjust fear, or a combination of the above.

Hopefully, they protest until change occurs. More people should be protesting this, not less.

The fact that so many people want them to shut up and consider their causes not worthwhile makes me sad. We'll get there some day.....maybe.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Maybe if your protest actually made sense and wasn't just some lie, like "hand's up don't shoot," which was proven to be false. Or the fact more whites are killed every year by the police than blacks. You see white people giving a shit about that? No, because we don't give a shit about criminals, whatever they look like - kill all those bums. Good riddance, we're better off without them.
Reply/Quote