Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL DIVISION CHANGES
I can't imagine the league with 40 teams.

There are 32 right now and some are barely watchable. Think of having another 8 teams worse than the Jaguars or Texans.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 04:53 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I can't imagine the league with 40 teams.

There are 32 right now and some are barely watchable. Think of having another 8 teams worse than the Jaguars or Texans.

Yeah they could easily find Cities that Want teams....   But....  The Talent Level will Thin out a little around the league especially at premium positions like OL/QB

But also more guys will get a shot 
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 04:29 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: The TV networks would never let happen what I always wanted to do. This will shorten most road trips for the fans but increase demand on tickets. so there would be pluses and minuses

AFC EAST - PATRIOTS, BILLS, GIANTS, JETS
AFC NORTH - BENGALS, BROWNS, STEELERS, EAGLES
AFC SOUTH - DOLPHINS, JAGUARS, COLTS, BUCCANEERS,
AFC WEST - CHIEFS, BRONCOS, RAIDERS, CARDINALS 

NFC EAST - RAVENS, WASHINGTON, PANTHERS, FALCONS
NFC NORTH - VIKINGS, PACKERS, LIONS, BEARS
NFC SOUTH - SAINTS, COWBOYS, TEXANS, TITANS 
NFC WEST - RAMS, CHARGERS, 49ERS, SEAHAWKS

Really? I could see that when they were both relevant. When was the last time in mid-season you thought "Cowboys vs Redskins/WFT? Now THIS is a game I need to watch!"? It's been a loooooong time since I felt that way about their rivalry. Joe Gibbs era, maybe? They may have had end of season match ups with the playoffs on the line but most of their games are just games on the schedule now.

This is a realignment that makes sense....well done.  The only thing I would change is maybe find the colts a better home....but i guess someone has to be the odd man out....or just maybe relocate the franchise to a southern city?

Regarding the Cowboys comment, nobody in Texas cares about the Redskins...or Commanders...or whatever.  That rivalry died 20 years ago.  Also when the Astros were moved from the NL Central to the AL West, Rangers/Astros became an immediate wonderful rivalry so i could see that happening easily with the Texans.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 04:53 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I can't imagine the league with 40 teams.

Is there any sports league that doesn't have bad teams that are barely watchable?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
The argument that more teams waters down the talent pool really doesn't hold water so to speak..There are always way more guys who want to be in the league than available positions and it's not because the ones that do get in are always better than those who don't. A lot are players well past their prime who really don't belong our on the field with younger players..and so what if a few teams suck? Name a season ever when a few didn't suck.. 
There are billions upon billions on our planet. Surely they could find a few more qualified individuals.  Lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 05:53 PM)basballguy Wrote: This is a realignment that makes sense....well done.  The only thing I would change is maybe find the colts a better home....but i guess someone has to be the odd man out....or just maybe relocate the franchise to a southern city?

Regarding the Cowboys comment, nobody in Texas cares about the Redskins...or Commanders...or whatever.  That rivalry died 20 years ago.  Also when the Astros were moved from the NL Central to the AL West, Rangers/Astros became an immediate wonderful rivalry so i could see that happening easily with the Texans.  

dont think the NFL will allow 2 teams sharing a stadium to be in the Same Conference let alone division
Reply/Quote