Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Europe Tickets
PV Beng Wrote:Just curious if season ticket holders are charged for these tickets in their ticket package. 

Why would they be charged? The NFL pays the teams for a sellout.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 09:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I know we have some British Bengals fans on the forum, so sorry in advance for saying this... but F NFL games in Europe.

Built a stadium for a billionaire on taxpayer dime, built bars and restaurants around it and everything, and then took away one of the home games. Parking lots, bars, restaurants, stadium workers, everyone. Just got shafted out of a lot of business/work. Plus we fans get one less home game.

Now rather than 2 out of 10 games being preseason for season tickets, 2 out of 9 games are preseason. Sure they lower the price for the season tickets, but that doesn't change the fact they're still crushing you on preseason, and now it's even worse. Can't wait until they add some Mexico games, and some Japan games, and some Germany games and we're left with 4 actual home games a year.

"Home" teams in London are 5-9. (Some home field advantage)
Since they started doing more than 1 London game a year in 2013, there have been 8 games. The average margin of victory has been roughly 16 points (16.125 more specifically). So the games aren't even really that good/competitive.

Like I said im from England, but im in complete agreement, and I think any sensible European fan would say the same. It's great for us personally, but it's imo a pretty ridiculous idea.

I would say the margin of victory point (to my mind anyways) is a bit of a moot one. We dont get the top range of matchups over here, even as an ardent NFL fan I cant say over the course of the Wembley games that I've been that intrigued to go to most of the games we've had on over here. We dont ever get the likes of Broncos-Patriots, we get Jags vs somebody who will beat them handily. 

I'd say Redskins-Bengals (both playoff teams this year) is one of the best matchups we've ever had over here, and its not really a blockbuster kind of game. It's a good matchup and it could be a great game, but it's not the type of game you'd have on Sunday Night Football over there. But as said I don't objectively think the NFL games here make much sense at all, so it makes sense not to have a top-flight matchup at Wembley.
Reply/Quote
I love the idea. I don't live in Cincy but even when I did I would probably still enjoy it because it's a reason to go visit London.

Flights are very reasonable and London is a great place to visit.
Reply/Quote
"London calling to the far away towns...."

I'm there...  The game's on my 42nd birthday, so I am up for meeting up at a pub while some of you buy me birthday drinks.  My daughter's 1st birthday is the following day, so I will also accept free drinks for that as well. Ninja
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I was so excited when they announced that the Bengals were coming over here yet I still feel hung over after that playoff game and didn't even try to get tickets Sad
Reply/Quote
Got my tickets today. was on there 1st thing at 10am to get them. Cant afford 3 tickets in the lower level, but managed to get 50 yard line row 14 on the upper tier which should be a great view.

For the record 3 tickets £250 or $350.

[Image: 552.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 10:33 AM)Bengalboy Wrote: Got my tickets today. was on there 1st thing at 10am to get them. Cant afford 3 tickets in the lower level, but managed to get 50 yard line row 14 on the upper tier which should be a great view.

For the record 3 tickets £250 or $350.

[Image: 552.jpg]
Work on your wind up and release.  We are coming over there to throw trash on the pitch when things don't go our way.  That's what we do.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Hilarious

Very current. I like ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Got my ticket. Nearer the time we should organise a transatlantic piss up, with UK and US board members!

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 02:07 PM)PV Bengal Wrote: Just curious if season ticket holders are charged for these tickets in their ticket package. 

Have not received bill for next year yet, but very seriously doubt it. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 06:49 PM)jason Wrote: Work on your wind up and release.  We are coming over there to throw trash on the pitch when things don't go our way.  That's what we do.

Could be a dangerous thing to do at Wembley, every year I've been they've had t-shirt cannons in operation during breaks in play. You'll get your trash thrown back at you at high velocity...
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 03:18 AM)Ned Ludd Wrote: Could be a dangerous thing to do at Wembley, every year I've been they've had t-shirt cannons in operation during breaks in play. You'll get your trash thrown back at you at high velocity...
Smirk

I'm really excited to be in that stadium.  I've seen it from the outside, but never been to an event there.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 02:07 PM)PV Bengal Wrote: Just curious if season ticket holders are charged for these tickets in their ticket package. 

No.  When the announcement went out season ticket holders were informed that they wouldn't be charged for the tickets, but they would have an opportunity to purchase them.  Haven't heard anything about the from the ticket office.
Reply/Quote
Confirmed on the local coverage over here that the 'individual' game tickets are sold out. There are some 'two game' tickets left plus the tickets the Bengals hold for US-based fans.

The Jags/Colts game isn't proving anywhere near as popular...
Reply/Quote
I'm going to be very irritated if the Bengals don't come through on their promise to offer tickets to season ticket holders.
Reply/Quote
Rola Wrote:I'm going to be very irritated if the Bengals don't come through on their promise to offer tickets to season ticket holders.

Wonder if the redskins are also holding tickets?
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 09:21 PM)Roland Wrote: I'm going to be very irritated if the Bengals don't come through on their promise to offer tickets to season ticket holders.

I filled out the form and said I'd like mnore info, even including my account number. Haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone else? Was hoping they might offer a group package of some sort.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I filled out the form and so did my wife. I just double-checked to make sure nothing went into my Spam. Nothing.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 10:42 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Travel across the ocean to see Marvin Lewis coach? I can watch him fail right here at PBS.

Does this count as Prime Time since it will be on in the morning in the states? We MAY have a chance if not...
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 10:42 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Travel across the ocean to see Marvin Lewis coach? I can watch him fail right here at PBS.

Hey, this team has never lost on European soil. NEVER. I like our odds.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote