Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Exec: Steelers Get A Pass Because The Media And NFL Love Them
An NFL Executive came out and said that I've been saying alll along, and that's that the Steelers get away with things that NO OTHER FRANCHISE IN THE NFL would because they make money for the NFL and for the media, so Goodell is basically their *****:

Quote:On Friday, news broke that Le'Veon Bell was facing a four-game suspension due to multiple missed drug tests. In the NFL, a missed drug test is a failed drug test. This comes just one year after Bell was suspended for the first two games of the 2015 NFL season for DUI and marijuana possession, an incident that occurred with Legarrette Blount, formerly of the Steelers and now of the Patriots.

Immediately, the NFL media was quick to come up with excuses for Bell. Live on ESPN, one analyst claimed Bell was living in a new area this summer and may not have known how to get to the testing facility. Other media-created excuses include that Bell missed a plane and that he didn't know he needed to go for the drug test.

Yes, that is how far some members of the media are willing to go to come up with an excuse for why Bell has the potential to win his forthcoming appeal and have his four-game suspension reduced or done away with. In reality, and for a player who isn't on the Steelers, it should be really hard for Bell to win this suspension.

He could tell Goodell that he got jumped by a gang of midgets who traveled back in time for the future, they tied him up, and held him hostage for just long enough to miss the tests and Goodell will believe him just to avoid punishing the Steelers.

It gets better:

Quote:Since Friday, Bell has made his Twitter and Instagram accounts private, but per CBS Sports, he made a comment on Instagram saying, "I'm gonna win the appeal... ppl have no idea what happened, but don't worry...let em hate, when I end up missin no games at all, ppl for sure gonna try to love me again and I'm only ridin with my LOYAL fans!!"

Bell may be a bit delusional as he previously denied a report about this missed test when it originally surfaced a month ago. Bell responded to those claims saying, "I don't know what you are talking about. I am fine. I haven't missed any drug tests, failed any drug tests. I can't keep talking about the drug test."

Don't they make you take IQ tests at the combine? This dude is even more delusional than Steelers fans on here.

And the NFL executive says the same thing that I've been saying for a long time, and that's that the Steelers get away with whatever they want because they're the Steelers:

Quote:It seems like Bell is going to need to keep talking about the drug test if he wants to win his appeal. But interestingly, while many often want to paint the Bengals as the bad-boy franchise of the NFL, it's actual the Steelers players who have come under fire recently for drug-related incidents. And, one NFL executive believes that if what was happening to the Steelers was happening to the Patriots, the league would be handling it differently, per Bleacher Report's Mike Freeman.

"If what's happening in Pittsburgh was happening in New England, there would be multiple league investigations," said an NFC East team executive, who asked not to be identified to Bleacher Report. "But because the Steelers are so liked by the media and league, they get a pass."

Finally someone else calls them out for being the trash that they are.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 12:57 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: An NFL Executive came out and said that I've been saying alll along, and that's that the Steelers get away with things that NO OTHER FRANCHISE IN THE NFL would because they make money for the NFL and for the media, so Goodell is basically their *****:

He could tell Goodell that he got jumped by a gang of midgets who traveled back in time for the future, they tied him up, and held him hostage for just long enough to miss the tests and Goodell will believe him just to avoid punishing the Steelers.

It gets better:

Don't they make you take IQ tests at the combine?  This dude is even more delusional than Steelers fans on here.

And the NFL executive says the same thing that I've been saying for a long time, and that's that the Steelers get away with whatever they want because they're the Steelers:

Finally someone else calls them out for being the trash that they are.

If he actually skates the suspension, I will agree with you (pending the entire story), but until then it all seems like a witch hunt. If he does get suspended then there is no way to complain about the Steelers getting preferential treatment. Bryant is missing this entire year for substance abuse so it isn't like everything is being swept under the rug. 

The quotes in the article are almost entirely about how the media is portraying the story. The media making excuses does not equal the NFL letting the Steelers get away with incidents other teams would be in trouble for. The media can say whatever they want.  

If he does get suspended it means two of their top 10 players are missing a combined 20 games so what exactly would they be getting away with here? Let's not forget this is the same team that had their best two players suspended in the past. One happening with a someone who wasn't even charged and the other got fined seemingly 10 times for hits other players were not getting fined for. Oh, and if the Steelers were getting preferential treatment then why was Bell suspended last year?
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 02:58 AM)MrRager Wrote: If he actually skates the suspension, I will agree with you (pending the entire story), but until then it all seems like a witch hunt. If he does get suspended then there is no way to complain about the Steelers getting preferential treatment. Bryant is missing this entire year for substance abuse so it isn't like everything is being swept under the rug. 
Once again, they couldn't just sweep the Bryant deal under the rug or they would have been killed.  There's some things that even Goodell isn't stupid enough to attempt.

Furthermore, why do you think it's just coming out now that Bell missed so many tests?  Because the NFL was sweeping it under the rug.

(07-26-2016, 02:58 AM)MrRager Wrote: The quotes in the article are almost entirely about how the media is portraying the story. The media making excuses does not equal the NFL letting the Steelers get away with incidents other teams would be in trouble for. The media can say whatever they want.  
So why is it ok for the media to portray a bunch of criminals like saints when kids and the general public look up to them and follow them?  You don't think how the media and general public views something has an impact on the punishment that Goodell will give out?  You don't think he protects what makes him money?

(07-26-2016, 02:58 AM)MrRager Wrote: One happening with a someone who wasn't even charged and the other got fined seemingly 10 times for hits other players were not getting fined for. Oh, and if the Steelers were getting preferential treatment then why was Bell suspended last year?

Ben wasn't charged because he had his bodyguards guard the door so no one could get in.

It's well-known that he raped the girl and there are reports of him doing similar things to other women and rumors of a lot going unreported.  In an age of trying to stop the abuse/rape/mistreatment of women, they couldn't just let him go.

Bell was suspended last year because you can't exactly sweep a D.U.I. and marijuana possession under the rug, although it is laughable that he was only suspended three games, and then even more laughable that it got reduced to do.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 03:25 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Furthermore, why do you think it's just coming out now that Bell missed so many tests?  Because the NFL was sweeping it under the rug.

Actually nobody should know anything about the pending suspension until after the appeals process has been completed per the CBA agreement. The NFL's own network is violating the rules by reporting on the story in the first place.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 12:31 PM)Vandalay Industries Wrote: Actually nobody should know anything about the pending suspension until after the appeals process has been completed per the CBA agreement.  The NFL's own network is violating the rules by reporting on the story in the first place.

For there to be an appeal, there has to have been a violation first. The violation can be reported. So....no.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 12:31 PM)Vandalay Industries Wrote: Actually nobody should know anything about the pending suspension until after the appeals process has been completed per the CBA agreement.  The NFL's own network is violating the rules by reporting on the story in the first place.

Interview with Mike Florio (starts about 9:23)

http://www.iheart.com/show/139-Randy-Baumann-and-the-DVE/?episode_id=27583617

He takes it through the timeline of events so far and discusses the appeal process and the NFL leaking info already.  The Commissioner doesn't have final say over the appeals anymore either.  And apparently several others have had their suspensions removed through appeal but the NFL doesn't release the info.

And, mind you, both the DVE Radio people and myself feel Bell is an idiot *IF* all of this plays out as it has been presented so far.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 12:39 PM)Beaker Wrote: For there to be an appeal, there has to have been a violation first. The violation can be reported. So....no.

But if an appeal is won, ( not saying that's going to happen), was there still a violation?
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 01:34 PM)Vandalay Industries Wrote: But if an appeal is won, ( not saying that's going to happen), was there still a violation?

If a tree falls in the woods, does a steelers fan piss his pants, cry and blame it on Burfict?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 01:34 PM)Vandalay Industries Wrote: But if an appeal is won, ( not saying that's going to happen), was there still a violation?

I can't help but think the steelers fans that frequent this site have alts of alts of an alt that has alts. 

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 01:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If a tree falls in the woods, does a steelers fan piss his pants, cry and blame it on Burfict?

Only if Burfict has (another) concussion.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 01:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: Only if Burfict has causes (another) concussion by playing too hardMellow

fixed it for ya.  ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 01:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: Only if Burfict has (another) concussion.  Mellow

L

(07-26-2016, 01:55 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: fixed it for ya.  ThumbsUp

W

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 01:55 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: fixed it for ya.  ThumbsUp

I thought AB was faking it?
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 02:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: I thought AB was faking it?

We all thought he was... turns out it wasn't a concussion, the guy is a just a brain dead moron.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 02:10 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: We all thought he was... turns out it wasn't a concussion, the guy is a just a brain dead moron.

So brain dead people can get concussions?
Reply/Quote
So he appealed all of them?

Also, with every case you hear, it's always "he tested positive but is choosing to appeal," so why wouldn't we have heard about it in Bell's case?

Edit:  Just saw that Beaker already pointed this out........  touché, Beaker  ThumbsUp
(07-26-2016, 02:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: So brain dead people can get concussions?

I'm technically brain dead and can get a concussion.  

So, yes, brain dead people can get concussions  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 01:42 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I can't help but think the steelers fans that frequent this site have alts of alts of an alt that has alts. 

I was going to ignore this but curiosity has gotten the best of me, who else am I supposed to be?
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 05:24 PM)Vandalay Industries Wrote: I was going to ignore this but curiosity has gotten the best of me, who else am I supposed to be?

Take your pick.

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 04:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm technically brain dead

This could be used in so many threads.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 05:24 PM)Vandalay Industries Wrote: I was going to ignore this but curiosity has gotten the best of me, who else am I supposed to be?

Kramer
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote