Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mouth Bling!
Lawl, opinions can be proven wrong and your opinion is indeed, factually incorrect.

Like the boling point of water or the Earth being flat: you can have your opinions on the matter, but they are rendered moot as there are facts to prove them incorrect.

I'm perfectly fine having a discussion, but if you take a hard, vitriolic stance, I will counter it and that's all I'm doing: you're seemingly playing a victim, when it is just two grown men having a discussion.

But that's fine, if you wish to end it, I have no problem with that either :)
(05-02-2024, 08:27 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: So what you are saying is that your opinion is correct and mine is wrong, got it. And I should listen to your opinion and feel bad about mine. Got it.
I think we are done here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 12:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Someone's living in the 1800s...

You could also chalk it up to living in Ohio.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 11:02 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: You could also chalk it up to living in Ohio.

7th most populated state in the country. Plenty of tattoos around here. Cool

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 11:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 7th most populated state in the country. Plenty of tattoos around here. Cool

7th most populated state. Plenty of judgmental people. 
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 06:02 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: No, not at all. I'm living in the current year 2024. If a guy or girl wants to get painted up and have fish hooks in their nose, ears and who knows where else then go for it. I'm allowed to have an opinion without you telling me I'm living 200 years in the past. Did I break a rule here?

An odd remark actually.

With you 100%.  I must be 'factually incorrect' too.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I avoid people with Tattoos and proud of it.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2024, 10:49 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I avoid people with Tattoos and proud of it.

People with tattoos seeing you avoid them…

[Image: stop-dont.gif]

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2024, 10:49 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I avoid people with Tattoos and proud of it.

I haven't heard that before. May I ask why? (not looking to pick a fight, I'm just into the human condition).

I tend to avoid people that drive Corvettes.. but that's because i'm a fanboy of another brand Big Grin
Reply/Quote

What does this even mean?

Do you refuse to interact with people at work who have tattoos? If you're walking down a street and see someone with a tattoo do you walk the other way? If you have a server with a tattoo when eating out do you refuse to order? Do you refuse to associate with family members that have a tattoo? Do you dislike Bengals players that have tattoos and don't cheer for their success? 
Reply/Quote
Not a fan of Tattoos in general, but I do appreciate a good Tramp Stamp.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2024, 01:14 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: What does this even mean?

Do you refuse to interact with people at work who have tattoos? If you're walking down a street and see someone with a tattoo do you walk the other way? If you have a server with a tattoo when eating out do you refuse to order? Do you refuse to associate with family members that have a tattoo? Do you dislike Bengals players that have tattoos and don't cheer for their success? 

I wonder if that person asks people to remove their clothing before interacting with them? Or if they do enjoy someone's company, do they end the relationship the first time the swimsuit comes out on a hot day and reveals the evil that is ink? I mean, they've only existed for 5000 years... we're still getting used to them?

That's definitely a strange bias.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully this is the worst decision he makes as a Bengal...
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2024, 05:13 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Yea, me either. Same with tats. Plaster one's body with paint and decals like a race car. Young women with beautiful clear skin only to ruin it with graphics.

Certainly an attitude that's less prominent than it was decades ago, but still around. 

I agree with you, mostly. If tattoos are artistic expression and an expression of individuality, than anyone who gets a tattoo opens their "art" to others' interpretation of what their tattoos mean and what their tattoo says about them; same as any other artistic expression.

Covering your body with permanent ink is gross and, if the tattoo isn't well done, it tells me that you could be a shortsighted impulsive person. There's really no good reason to do it unless it's a cultural practice or cultural expression. Don't treat your skin as a canvas.
Reply/Quote
There's the get drunk in Nashville and get a butterfly tattoo... there could be a higher risk of regret for that life choice in the future.

Then there's the sociocultural, spiritual, communicative, artistic and other expressions that people find comfort in.

Being grossed out by a woman expressing herself by getting a tattoo is a problem with the person making the judgement, that person views others superficially. That in itself is pretty awful... it's sad that it has always existed, does exist and will likely exist forever. Everyone has a story, and those stories are way more important than anything else about that person.

From a mental health angle. I know a young lady that has struggled with things like BPD, PTSD.... a lot of self harm such as cutting. Her story is awful, and not her fault. The tattoos on her wrists/forearms cover those cuts... she took something awful that beat her down and put her vision of beauty over them. The marks are still there, but she now she sees something else, she feels something else. People are going to judge her, or be grossed out by her? That says something about the person making the judgement. What's their story? What made that prejudice, why do they embrace it? They weren't born with it.

You're only hurting yourself with superficial judgements, as they may prevent you from connecting with another human that will have a positive impact on your life. Why do that to yourself?

---------------
… Just 'cause you don't understand what's going on
Don't mean it don't make no sense
And just 'cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good
And let me tell you something
Before you go taking a walk in my world
You better take a look at the real world
----------------
- Mike Muir
Reply/Quote
(4 hours ago)IcoHolic Wrote: There's the get drunk in Nashville and get a butterfly tattoo... there could be a higher risk of regret for that life choice in the future.

Then there's the sociocultural, spiritual, communicative, artistic and other expressions that people find comfort in.

Being grossed out by a woman expressing herself by getting a tattoo is a problem with the person making the judgement, that person views others superficially. That in itself is pretty awful... it's sad that it has always existed, does exist and will likely exist forever. Everyone has a story, and those stories are way more important than anything else about that person.

From a mental health angle. I know a young lady that has struggled with things like BPD, PTSD.... a lot of self harm such as cutting. Her story is awful, and not her fault. The tattoos on her wrists/forearms cover those cuts... she took something awful that beat her down and put her vision of beauty over them. The marks are still there, but she now she sees something else, she feels something else. People are going to judge her, or be grossed out by her? That says something about the person making the judgement. What's their story? What made that prejudice, why do they embrace it? They weren't born with it.

You're only hurting yourself with superficial judgements, as they may prevent you from connecting with another human that will have a positive impact on your life. Why do that to yourself?

---------------
… Just 'cause you don't understand what's going on
Don't mean it don't make no sense
And just 'cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good
And let me tell you something
Before you go taking a walk in my world
You better take a look at the real world
----------------
- Mike Muir

I just think they are ugly.  If I think a painting is ugly, does that make me superficial?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(1 hour ago)EatonFan Wrote: I just think they are ugly.  If I think a painting is ugly, does that make me superficial?

Kind of does, because you're treating all tattoos the same....

Ugly....

[Image: 630746b6947d3_9pl1kiu3lza71__700.jpg]

Not ugly....

[Image: IMG_2972.jpg]
Reply/Quote