Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Free Agent Top Destinations - Hint (We're Not One)
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Trying to wrap my head around your love of pouring salt into open wounds and I just can't.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 11:48 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

raise your hand if you're surprised at this

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
And information specifically about Cincinnati:

Quote:Cincinnati has a reputation for being “cheap,” according to four different agents. “It’s just a poorly run, low-budget operation,” another agent said.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 12:47 PM)McC Wrote: Trying to wrap my head around your love of pouring salt into open wounds and I just can't.

Do you go to forums where people complain about Enron stock and tell them 'Let's wait and see.' And 'Give it more time.' And 'Why are you all complaining?'
Reply/Quote
Thanks, Captain Obvious. What would we do without you?
Reply/Quote
It's long been known that Cincinnati prefers to draft and keep their own over spending vast amounts on other teams castoffs. Why is this a surprise?
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 11:48 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And this is suppose to mean what? Has Dallas won it all in the last 10 years? Seattle has, but it wasn't because they spent in FA.... Oooooh, Miami!!
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 01:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Do you go to forums where people complain about Enron stock and tell them 'Let's wait and see.' And 'Give it more time.' And 'Why are you all complaining?'

Do you own stock in the Bengals? 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 01:06 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Thanks, Captain Obvious. What would we do without you?

He's just looking for someone to pat him on the back.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 01:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Do you go to forums where people complain about Enron stock and tell them 'Let's wait and see.' And 'Give it more time.' And 'Why are you all complaining?'

Are you familiar with the concept of overkill?  You should be, as you are its epitome.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 01:12 PM)sandwedge Wrote: He's just looking for someone to pat him on the back.

This team hasn't won a playoff game in 27+ years. Largely the same management team is in place. It's not remarkable predicting they'll continue to make bad moves.

The group that defends EVERY MOVE this team makes...that's the group that deserves a pat on the back. Despite all the evidence to the contrary, that group dreams up scenarios where we're building a winner...ranging from Katie taking over to Taylor being some genius.

I honestly wish I could stick my head in the sand and have that much optimism. In the 90's and early 2000's I was. I'd defend the Bengals.

Then I learned about management and just see the team as very mismanaged. They are in a league where other owners seek every single competitive advantage they can too.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 01:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This team hasn't won a playoff game in 27+ years. It's not remarkable predicting they'll continue to make bad moves.

The group that defends EVERY MOVE this team makes...that's the group that deserves a pat on the back. Despite all the evidence to the contrary, that group dreams up scenarios where we're building a winner...ranging from Katie taking over to Taylor being some genius.

I honestly wish I could stick my head in the sand and have that much optimism. In the 90's and early 2000's I was. I'd defend the Bengals.

Then I learned about management and just see the team as very mismanaged. They are in a league where other owners seek every single competitive advantage they can too.

So if all you want to do is criticize, why are you a fan? If it's that miserable for you, I would think you would move on to a different team....seriously.
Reply/Quote
We are for bum free agents.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 01:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So if all you want to do is criticize, why are you a fan? If it's that miserable for you, I would think you would move on to a different team....seriously.

I don't only criticize. I post plenty of other positive things.

I have threads out there about how great Geno is. Mixon. Green. I post plenty of draft strategy. Free agent stuff.

For some reason, there is a group of homers on this board that can't handle any negative opinions.

Honestly, put me on your Ignore list if you don't like my posts.

Believe me, I want the Bengals to win as bad as anyone...but the way the Bengals are managed they aren't going to become a winner any time soon. Me just ignoring blatent evidence that they are being mismanaged won't help them win.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 01:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So if all you want to do is criticize, why are you a fan? If it's that miserable for you, I would think you would move on to a different team....seriously.

You know how sports work, once you have an emotional attachment to a team it's not just as easy as rooting for another team.

Want to compare fandom?

Did you go to any Bengal games last year? I did.

Did you buy any jerseys? I did.

Do you have a Bengals helmet in your office? I do. Plus other Bengals items.

Ohhh! Am I not a fan because I say bad move when I see a bad move? Ohhh! Should I switch teams?
Reply/Quote
In other news..................... The Sky is blue
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 12:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

...and my what a list that is.

Jason Allen
Josh Johnson
Jason Campbell
Pat Sims
Karlos Dansby
Andre Smith
Matt Barkley

I count 2 former Bengals (so much for "external"), 3 backup QB's (2 of them bad backups), a former bust that continued to bust and a washed up LB that we signed 5 years too late. 

(03-12-2019, 12:58 PM)wcu Wrote: And information specifically about Cincinnati:

This is the reality we all want to pretend doesn't exist.

(03-12-2019, 01:09 PM)sandwedge Wrote: And this is suppose to mean what? Has Dallas won it all in the last 10 years? Seattle has, but it wasn't because they spent in FA.... Oooooh, Miami!!

4 out of 5 teams on that list have much more to brag about than we do, including Dallas. Miami is only on the list thanks to the location and being a tax free state.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 01:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This team hasn't won a playoff game in 27+ years. Largely the same management team is in place. It's not remarkable predicting they'll continue to make bad moves.

That management team isn't going anywhere. You can't state the obvious about how bad of a track record Mike Brown has - we all know he does! - but him and his family aren't just going to read the posts and decide to step aside. It's a pointless discussion to have... we all know it and we're all stuck with it.

You also seem to have this weird idea that this board is full of people who blindly support the Bengals in everything they do, and I haven't seen that at all. They get criticized when they deserve to get criticized. You seem to be confusing optimism (ie, "I'd like to see what ZT can do before I pass judgement") and seem to interpret that as "ZT is God's gift to coaching". You read someone say "well it's only one day into free agency, I'll reserve judgement" and interpret that as "I am perfectly fine with what the Bengals are doing". It's like some weird type of persecution complex.

I mean geez, if you can't feign or work up the slightest bit of optimism in the offseason how have you ever made it decades as a Bengals fan? Lord knows they don't exactly hand out positive vibes on a yearly basis, take it where you can get it.
Reply/Quote