Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL HOF Senior Semi-Finalists
Both Ken Riley and Ken Anderson are on the semi-final list of 25 for one of the senior nominations to the HOF. The list goes from 25 to 12 on the 27th and then the final senior vote is on Aug 16. The candidates then go to the full HOF committee. The committee can nominate up to 3 players

I would love to see the Bengals play in the 2023 HOF game with Ken Riley and Willie Anderson going into the hall.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
side note, but I have no idea why Dan Reaves isnt in the hall. Bud Grant and the Bills coach both also lost 4 super bowls, and they're in
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 09:21 PM)pally Wrote: Both Ken Riley and Ken Anderson are on the semi-final list of 25 for one of the senior nominations to the HOF.  The list goes from 25 to 12 on the 27th and then the final senior vote is on Aug 16.  The candidates then go to the full HOF committee.  The committee can nominate up to 3 players

I would love to see the Bengals play in the 2023 HOF game with Ken Riley and Willie Anderson going into the hall.

Hopefully with the attention the Bengals have garnered since last season the committee will open their eyes. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I've pre-girded my loins for the disappointment again.. Is there such a thing as pre-girding? If not there is now. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 09:21 PM)pally Wrote: Both Ken Riley and Ken Anderson are on the semi-final list of 25 for one of the senior nominations to the HOF.  The list goes from 25 to 12 on the 27th and then the final senior vote is on Aug 16.  The candidates then go to the full HOF committee.  The committee can nominate up to 3 players

It is probably wishful thinking on my part, but I hope that the recent surge of popularity of the Bengals might have a positive effect for these two that should absolutely be in the HOF.  

I want Anderson and Riley in right now.  I would love to hear the arguments against either.  Pure stupidity.  
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 11:51 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Hopefully with the attention the Bengals have garnered since last season the committee will open their eyes. 

I don't see any real precedent that how a team is playing reflects increase chances especially in the senior selections, it is tough when they only pick one a year, but next 3 years up to 3 go in, I feel one will get in over the next 3 years.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 07:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is probably wishful thinking on my part, but I hope that the recent surge of popularity of the Bengals might have a positive effect for these two that should absolutely be in the HOF.  

I want Anderson and Riley in right now.  I would love to hear the arguments against either.  Pure stupidity.  

I feel both are deserving but man there are some other strong candidates in that list. My gut Jim Marshall and Otis Taylor will make up 2 of the selections with Anderson this year
Reply/Quote