Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Investigating Steelers
http://cin.247sports.com/Bolt/NFL-looking-into-Steelers-handling-of-LeVeon-Bells-injury-50867058

Quote:ESPN's Adam Schefter has reported that the NFL will look into the whether the Steelers failed to list Le'Veon Bell properly on injury report last week, according to a league official.

Bell, who had just six carries in Pittsburgh's loss to the Patriots in the AFC Championship Game, aggravated a groin injury that had apparently been bothering him prior to Sunday's game. Mike Tomlin acknowledged that Bell had been dealing with the injury prior to the game despite the injury not appearing on the team's injury reports during his season ending press conference on Tuesday.

Tomlin explained the team's decision to not list Bell's injury on the injury reports on the days leading up to Sunday's game.

“It wasn’t significant to the point where it affected planning or the anticipation of planning in any way," Tomlin said. "It’s unfortunate that it became an issue in game.

“[Bell] was doing a great job of managing it,” Tomlin continued. “It didn’t cause him to miss any practice time, let alone game time. It was something to manage. When you look at the journey that is the season, I think just about every guy down there is dealing with and managing something in an effort to stay on the grass.”

Bell's situation mirrors what the Seattle Seahawks have been dealing with in regard to cornerback Richard Sherman, as Sherman's name was not in Seattle's previous injury reports despite the cornerback dealing with a knee injury for "several weeks," according to Seahawks coach Pete Carroll.

They might wanna start by investigating some of Big Ben's "injuries".
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
I heard from an unnamed source that the NFL has found the Steelers innocent of all wrong doing, have given them a compensatory 1st round pick as an apology, and suspended Burfict for 8 games.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 03:24 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I heard from an unnamed source that the NFL has found the Steelers innocent of all wrong doing, have given them a compensatory 1st round pick as an apology, and suspended Burfict for 8 games.

Maybe they'll suspend Tomlin for 8 weeks...yeah, right. I know.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 03:24 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I heard from an unnamed source that the NFL has found the Steelers innocent of all wrong doing, have given them a compensatory 1st round pick as an apology, and suspended Burfict for 8 games.

So close to accurate its unnerving.

Reply/Quote

A pissed Pittsburgh fan base has demanded the team appeal this ruling because burfict is only suspended 8 games. They are demanding a lifetime ban because he's obviously a monster and should be in jail....also demanding Harrison makes it to the HOF the first year he's eligible, because he's always been a "real" football player, and goodell was out to get him for years Ninja
Reply/Quote
In other news the toilet paper sold at carryouts across the country may or may not get a new embossing pattern to more correctly reflect the contour of the human anatomy. Tomlin was unavailable for comment. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I thought it was funny two of the teams these rotten shitheads played in the playoffs this year were investigated for not following the concussion protocol. Instead of maybe investigating the team responsible for injuries.

How about some punishment for repeat offenses. They took out Gio last year. Its not a coincidence its the same team dishing out brain injuries. 3 of the last 5 playoff games they have played in they are targeting heads, at least that im aware of, it was probably more common.
Reply/Quote

This is the only outcome of any Steeler wrong doing.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 03:11 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: http://cin.247sports.com/Bolt/NFL-looking-into-Steelers-handling-of-LeVeon-Bells-injury-50867058

They might wanna start by investigating some of Big Ben's "injuries".

That's the whole other side of the spectrum.  "It really did look like we were going to have to amputate both arms, but the way he worked to come back by the 2nd half shows just how tough this guy is."
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2017, 10:40 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: This is the only outcome of any Steeler wrong doing.

When they sign Adam Jones after we release him, he will be nominated to the Hall of Fame.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2017, 11:12 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: When they sign Adam Jones after we release him, he will be nominated to the Hall of Fame.

If they did sign him can promise he'd never make headlines for being in trouble with the law again.

Not because he'd magically change and clean up his act but because of one man - Jack Kearney.

If you aren't familiar with his "work" do a quick google search for some of the most shady things you'll ever read.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2017, 04:34 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If they did sign him can promise he'd never make headlines for being in trouble with the law again.

Not because he'd magically change and clean up his act but because of one man - Jack Kearney.

If you aren't familiar with his "work" do a quick google search for some of the most shady things you'll ever read.

Hey Murdock!

Whatever happened to Meg? I sent her out for sammiches a couple of years ago and she never came back!
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2017, 07:15 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Hey Murdock!

Whatever happened to Meg? I sent her out for sammiches a couple of years ago and she never came back!

No idea, her and Shannie kept me locked in the horrible basement. After several years I checked the door and found it was unlocked and they were gone.

Reply/Quote

Friggen' hilarious..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2017, 04:34 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If they did sign him can promise he'd never make headlines for being in trouble with the law again.

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/12210027/pittsburgh-steelers-security-chief-dual-role-sheriff-officer-questioned

Found this article pretty interesting. 
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2017, 12:45 PM)rezolve11 Wrote: http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/12210027/pittsburgh-steelers-security-chief-dual-role-sheriff-officer-questioned

Found this article pretty interesting. 

Yup that is one of the more interesting articles on the guy...but remember, the Bengals are the dirty team that has all the criminals and underhanded stuff going on... Whatever

Reply/Quote
What?  That article makes it sound AS IF there really is such a thing as crooked cops. Just when you start thinking that all cops come from the Freddy Bartholemew school of Little Lord Fontleroyism where there is no such thing as a black heart.. Say it ain't so!  
Sorry for showing my age with the obscure reference..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote