Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL NETWORK SAYS BENGALS STILL IN AFC NORTH HUNT.
They said all AFC North teams lost last week and even though Bengals are 0-3 that there is still hope for Bengals Fans. They pointed out Burfict back. They pointed out AJ Green. They pointed out nobody in the AFC North is playing all that great and IF the Bengals can start winning this week, the AFC North is still wide open for whoever gets hot. They pointed out Bengals Houston score was close and Bengals took Packers into overtime. They say not to give up on Bengals in play-offs 5 of last 6 years just yet. It was good to hear this on NFL Network.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Well IF we could win 4 out of 5 and beat Pittsburgh we're right back in it.

We HAVE to beat Cleveland and Buffalo to start talking about being in the playoff hunt. Lose 1 of those games and we're not.
Reply/Quote
The Browns umm, don't even need to say much, they're a 4-6 win team.

The Ravens aren't all that great either. They're probably 8-8/9-7 tops type team.

Then there's the Steelers, I'd say they'll end up 10-6/11-5 area. I don't think we can get there Kevin, not with this OL.

I'd put us 7 wins tops.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Let's win one game first lol
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
2.9%
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2017, 06:26 PM)kevin Wrote: They said all AFC North teams lost last week and even though Bengals are 0-3 that there is still hope for Bengals Fans.  They pointed out Burfict back.  They pointed out AJ Green.  They pointed out nobody in the AFC North is playing all that great and IF the Bengals can start winning this week, the AFC North is still wide open for whoever gets hot. They pointed out Bengals Houston score was close and Bengals took Packers into overtime. They say not to give up on Bengals in play-offs 5 of last 6 years just yet. It was good to hear this on NFL Network.

And surprisingly, it is all true.

Just have to beat the Clowns which i see happening.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2017, 06:49 PM)Millhouse Wrote: 2.9%

Alright!  I'm back on the homer side now!

2.9>0   Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm willing to give the Bengals a shot to surprise us.

One of the two teams is going to be 2-2 after this weekend. We'll likely be 1-3. It's not like we're way behind. We'll only be 2 games behind the first place team after Sunday's win Big Grin
Reply/Quote
All I care about this season is seeing whether Fisher or Ogbuehi can actually become a serviceable OT by year's end.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The Offense will have to show dramatic improvement the next 2 weeks for me to believe. Their performance the last 40 minutes at green Bay was less than inspiring. Sunday wouldn't tell us much. But Buffalo will be a big enough test to tell us if the O is finally clicking
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2017, 06:48 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Let's win one game first lol

Baby steps on the bus.  Baby steps beat the Browns.

[Image: baby-steps.jpg]

I mean, yeah, ok, they have a chance.  Slim.  From a numbers and momentum standpoint, the next two are musts.  Win those, then we can maybe start thinking about climbing out of this hole.  Lose them and it's time for discussing draft picks and several heated arguments about our uniforms. 

This season's starting to remind me of the old days.  Remember when the seasons used to be over by Halloween?  Yeah, it sucks.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Sounds like manufactured takery for clicks
Reply/Quote
It's all about the OL man. No OL, no Ws. It's that simple. The Browns are going to play the Bengals close, and it's anyone's ballgame.
Reply/Quote
So Cleveland is a must, must......must, must win.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
NFL Network can say all they want, this team isn't going anywhere near the playoffs this year.

[Image: 0ap1000000088419.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2017, 10:46 PM)GodFather Wrote: NFL Network can say all they want, this team isn't going anywhere near the playoffs this year.

[Image: 0ap1000000088419.jpg]
godfather.....

it's not personal.....
it's business....

Bengals 30
Browns 14
now go get your shine box.......
  Whatever
Reply/Quote
I doubt we win the division with this offensive line, but I saw NFL Network say that 8-8 could make the playoffs.

8-8 doesn't seem that unreasonable until you notice that we have Marvin coaching and, even as a long-time Marvin defender, I don't think we have a shot.

If he keeps attacking Green Bay when we were up 14, we win that game, but he got into his typical Marvin ball of calling off the dogs and playing not to lose instead of playing to win, and Rodgers tore us apart.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2017, 06:49 PM)Millhouse Wrote: 2.9%

So you're saying there's a chance?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2017, 09:44 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I doubt we win the division with this offensive line, but I saw NFL Network say that 8-8 could make the playoffs.

8-8 doesn't seem that unreasonable until you notice that we have Marvin coaching and, even as a long-time Marvin defender, I don't think we have a shot.

If he keeps attacking Green Bay when we were up 14, we win that game, but he got into his typical Marvin ball of calling off the dogs and playing not to lose instead of playing to win, and Rodgers tore us apart.

Typical Marvin.  I get so tired of the playing-not-to-lose mentality.  At halftime they should've changed it up, throw in a little up-tempo, spread them out, etc.  Instead, stick to the same plan and HOPE the defense holds.

Marvin would never try something like that because in his mind that would not shorten the game and would tire his defense.  He always goes with the conservative approach because that's what supposed to be the formula.

His message and strategies are stale, what worked in the 90's does not necessarily work today.  Heck, last week Pittsburgh got the ball back with a little over 20 seconds left in the half deep in their own territory.  Ben threw downfield 2 or 3 times, hoping for something, anything, maybe in a pass interference to steal a FG before the half.  Think Marvie would do that?  Nope.  He'll take a knee with over a minute left.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2017, 09:44 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I doubt we win the division with this offensive line, but I saw NFL Network say that 8-8 could make the playoffs.

Very seldom do we keep the pressure on when we have the lead. We got what, a field goal in the second half? As usual, the other team makes halftime adjustments, and we don't. I guess we didn't think we needed any since the first half went well. The new coordinator did seem to bring life into the team, at least for a half. Dalton still overthrew wide open receivers, and his dumb grins are getting almost as annoying as Marvin's blank stares. I'm at and have been at the point where I'd just as soon lose every freaking game, hopefully get a real coach, and perhaps a QB and an O-line that is more than "serviceable" as well. Realistically, we're not going anywhere this year, maybe we can just do a competent job at being what we really are...a bad football team with no real leadership or direction, get the high draft pick and reset for next year. Even if we accomplish being bad correctly, I can't imagine getting a coach that's a difference maker. Watching football channel yesterday and the nightmare of Herm Edwards came on..... please MB don't let that happen, get a real staff just once... an experienced coordinator with real potential for a coach, and a complete new staff...I think the fans and the players both deserve it!!
Reply/Quote