Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Network Said Ramsey WON'T Shadow Chase!
I thought the Rams had said for the past two weeks (or it was at least assumed) that Ramsey would follow Chase all over the field, which obviously worried me because he has shut-down some big names and is one of the best corners in the league, but NFL Network just said that Ramsey won't shadow chase in the slot or the outside!

I realize that they'll still end up against each other on some plays, but I think it's stupid on the Rams' part and I think it could pay dividends for us!

I realize that they could (and probably will) make in-game adjustments when Chase is destroying them, but I think that this helps us get off to a fast start before they realize how stupid they are!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 05:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I thought the Rams had said for the past two weeks (or it was at least assumed) that Ramsey would follow Chase all over the field, which obviously worried me because he has shut-down some big names and is one of the best corners in the league, but NFL Network just said that Ramsey won't shadow chase in the slot or the outside!

I realize that they'll still end up against each other on some plays, but I think it's stupid on the Rams' part and I think it could pay dividends for us!

I realize that they could (and probably will) make in-game adjustments when Chase is destroying them, but I think that this helps us get off to a fast start before they realize how stupid they are!

WHO-DEY!

Its smart by the Rams they can diversify their coverages that way some plays they will bracket Chase and put Ramsey 1 on 1 vs Tee Higgins.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I never saw anyone on the Rams ever saying Ramsey would shadow Chase. They only said that Ramsey was lobbying to do so.
Reply/Quote
Ramsey don't want none of that smoke...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 05:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I thought the Rams had said for the past two weeks (or it was at least assumed) that Ramsey would follow Chase all over the field, which obviously worried me because he has shut-down some big names and is one of the best corners in the league, but NFL Network just said that Ramsey won't shadow chase in the slot or the outside!

WHO-DEY!

I think it'd be dumb to shadow him... Leave a 5'9" dude on Tee Higgins? Yes please.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 05:45 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I never saw anyone on the Rams ever saying Ramsey would shadow Chase. They only said that Ramsey was lobbying to do so.

...only because Jalen Ramsey is too little to cover Tee Higgins.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 05:48 PM)jason Wrote: I think it'd be dumb to shadow him... Leave a 5'9" dude on Tee Higgins? Yes please.

Do we have any data on how Ramsey performed against talented, big bodied receivers?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 05:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Do we have any data on how Ramsey performed against talented, big bodied receivers?

Define "performed" Cool
Reply/Quote
He is probably scared tbh
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 05:45 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I never saw anyone on the Rams ever saying Ramsey would shadow Chase.  They only said that Ramsey was lobbying to do so.
They were saying it on NFL Network a few times and then I also saw it on a few websites. I realize that doing that leaves you vulnerable against Tee and Boyd, but I think they'd rather have one of them beat them than to have Chase destroy them.

When Chase starts out fast, I have a feeling they might have Ramsey start to follow him. 
(02-13-2022, 05:46 PM)jason Wrote: Ramsey don't want none of that smoke...
Nobody wants any of our smoke this year and for years to come!
(02-13-2022, 05:48 PM)jason Wrote: I think it'd be dumb to shadow him... Leave a 5'9" dude on Tee Higgins? Yes please.

I hope they do..........
Reply/Quote

WHO-DEY!

Ramsey wanted to shadow Chase. But I heard many opinions that it was unlikely. I expect Chase to be double-teamed, as always, and Ramsey to try and take away Tee. If so, we need Boyd to go off this game.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 05:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Do we have any data on how Ramsey performed against talented, big bodied receivers?

Based on his stats - he did just fine. Dude is a beast.

Chase has been shut down a few games by less talented CB’s.

Dude finds ways to get open for sure but teams have found ways to minimize his impact.

No different than we will be doing w Cupp, the Rams will be doing some clever scheming to contain Chase. Bet the house on it. Chase and Cupp are game changers.

I think they attempt to contain Tee too.

So, I see Boyd getting a lot of looks as a result.

Which is awesome bc Tyler “FlyPaperHands” Boyd has plenty of talent to get it done.
Reply/Quote
Rams line will be coming for Burrow. Deep balls may not have time to develop. Screens and dump offs is where they money can be made. Mixon out of the backfield and Boyd in the slot. Eat their LBs up. This is why I think Uzo being back sends the Bengals chances way up. Short passes, then muscles through the yards.

Said it before "Ramsey can win the battle, as long as the Bengals win the war.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 06:27 PM)Whacked Wrote: Based on his stats - he did just fine. Dude is a beast.  

Chase has been shut down a few games by less talented CB’s.

Dude finds ways to get open for sure but teams have found ways to minimize his impact.

No different than we will be doing w Cupp, the Rams will be doing some clever scheming to contain Chase. Bet the house on it. Chase and Cupp are game changers.

I think they attempt to contain Tee too.

So, I see Boyd getting a lot of looks as a result.

Which is awesome bc Tyler “FlyPaperHands” Boyd has plenty of talent to get it done.

Not sure if you missed it, but my question was in regard to Ramsey on Tee.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 06:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: They were saying it on NFL Network a few times and then I also saw it on a few websites. 

No, they weren't saying that anywhere. There was the story that Ramsey was lobbying for it, but nobody said it was actually planned. Any hack website that said it was happening was taking the (unconfirmed) Ramsey lobbying story and passing it off as fact just like you're doing. 
Reply/Quote
I'm not surprised. He didn't shadow Davante Adams when they played the Packers and he seemed to be downplaying the notion when he was asked about it last week. I think they prefer to stick with their scheme rather than move him around. We'll see if that changes based on how things go.
Reply/Quote