Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Network is replaying the Super Bowl right now.
It’ll be easy to watch 16, 23, and 56 when they win one.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2022, 04:35 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: It’ll be easy to watch 16, 23, and 56 when they win one.

Nope. It will still hurt too much, imo. My other team that I follow is the Devils in the NHL - and I assure you - despite them winning 3 Stanley Cups, the 2 I watched them lose still stings to this day. Especially the one in 2001 where it felt like it was right there (just like the Bengals this year).

I can watch certain plays from that Super Bowl (Chase burning Ramsey, Mixon’s TD pass, etc), but I could never sit there and rewatch the whole thing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2022, 10:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nope. It will still hurt too much, imo. My other team that I follow is the Devils in the NHL - and I assure you - despite them winning 3 Stanley Cups, the 2 I watched them lose still stings to this day. Especially the one in 2001 where it felt like it was right there (just like the Bengals this year).

I can watch certain plays from that Super Bowl (Chase burning Ramsey, Mixon’s TD pass, etc), but I could never sit there and rewatch the whole thing.

Precisely zero of my favorite teams have won a championship in their history.

OKC Thunder - Lost the NBA Finals in 2011

Oregon Ducks - Lost the NCAA Championship in 2011 and 2014.

Bengals - Lost the Super Bowl in 1982, 1988 and 2021.

I will never be able to back and watch any of those games. Lol.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2022, 10:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nope. It will still hurt too much, imo. My other team that I follow is the Devils in the NHL - and I assure you - despite them winning 3 Stanley Cups, the 2 I watched them lose still stings to this day. Especially the one in 2001 where it felt like it was right there (just like the Bengals this year).

The really bad ones like that, i watch until the really bad part and then turn it off. Big Grin

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2022, 04:35 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: It’ll be easy to watch 16, 23, and 56 when they win one.

Every year, when they would show the NFL Films SB highlight shows, I always skipped viewing games XVI and XXIII. Just couldn't bring myself to watch them.  But the weekend before SB LVI, I went out of my way to watch the highlights from those two games.  I figured by doing so I would be exorcising the demons from SB games past and the football gods would finally grant us a win.  It was worth a shot.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 05:08 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Just in case anyone wants to watch it again.  Or not in case you want to avoid reliving the pain.  :)  Really despite the loss I wasn't upset.  It was a great game to cap off the end of an amazing season.  Just came up a little short.

was a fun game...    To have a football game worth watching in February is priceless...

Somewhere in some country our SB champion bengals shirts are floating around
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 11:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Thanks for the notification. Had I seen this 6hrs ago, I would have watched on the big screen. It was a good SB. Yeah, we lost, again, but not a damn soul in this thread thought we could make it there. We have a great team and it's just getting better. I'm so proud of this team and coaching staff. Our future is bright. You know the rest.

[Image: R.968f801f58f6da9e5e74f68fd7f3b96c?rik=n...ImgRaw&r=0]

I am with Harley Dog. Chillin' will watch the game but not right now. Was one of my favorite Super Bowls just didn't end the
way I was hoping. One play away, was fun to watch with my family and they became Bengal fans a bit after never giving a 
damn about my love all these 32+ years of being a Bengals fan.

Finally it is a time where I can be really proud of my team and the best is yet to come.

We are really improved from last year especially in our biggest weakness after barely losing in the biggest game of all.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2022, 02:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: was a fun game...    To have a football game worth watching in February is priceless...

Somewhere in some country our SB champion bengals shirts are floating around

Yep - The red light district in Frankfurt, Germany. Hookers using them as clean-up rags.  Sarcasm

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2022, 10:54 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Precisely zero of my favorite teams have won a championship in their history.

OKC Thunder - Lost the NBA Finals in 2011

Oregon Ducks - Lost the NCAA Championship in 2011 and 2014.

Bengals - Lost the Super Bowl in 1982, 1988 and 2021.

I will never be able to back and watch any of those games. Lol.

I was also a Portland Trailblazers fan when I was a kid. They were always close but no cigar just the same.

I actually have hope with the Bengals now with Burrow. Think we will win a Championship in the next 3 years or so...

Maybe even in 2023.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2022, 04:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I was also a Portland Trailblazers fan when I was a kid. They were always close but no cigar just the same.

I actually have hope with the Bengals now with Burrow. Think we will a Championship in the next 3 years or so...

Maybe even in 2023.

I would love to think so. It is really, really hard to win a Super Bowl. Realistically, it is more likely that we never even see them in the Super Bowl again, but I like to think that Burrow can beat the odds and do it. He has what it takes and the team is strong. Just need to have a little luck. 
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2022, 04:31 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I would love to think so. It is really, really hard to win a Super Bowl. Realistically, it is more likely that we never even see them in the Super Bowl again, but I like to think that Burrow can beat the odds and do it. He has what it takes and the team is strong. Just need to have a little luck. 

True, but this team is much better than the one that got there this year and I think we can all truthfully say that without hesitation.

Problem is, the entire AFC is much better.
Reply/Quote