Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Network on Young & Burrow
(02-24-2020, 04:46 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Burrow with small hands. Is this what he calls leverage? Lol.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28772745/source-joe-burrow-measured-9-inch-hands-nfl-combine

Yeah, but his d*&K is huge.

I saw it on his hat!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 06:29 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: small hands in cold weather is just terrible.I would get used to wearing grip gloves in cold weather for Joe as it will effect his ability to hand onto the ball and it could effect his whole game in the Nfl.that to me is a HUGE concern.Does anyone know what his birthday is? I do not like the idea that he has small hands.That is a bummer and playing in the division we are in they will find EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING TO ATTACK THIS DUDE. Draft another qb and not Herbert,guys from the west coast get lonely for their homesite and want out of cincy,like stinkin Palmer.

Doesn’t sound like you are being sarcastic so...
You say take a QB but you don’t want Herbert and Tua’s height/injuries are a much bigger concern than Burrow’s hand size is so what QB are you suggesting they take #1? Sounds like you are more on board with trading the pick because if they take a QB at one it almost has to be Burrow. Otherwise just trade down.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 05:33 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He only took a hit to people who haven't a shred of practicality and like to nitpick/worry about stupid shit.

My hands have been 8 inches since I was 14 (stopped growing at 13... damn genes) and I could hold/throw a *****CFL***** regulation ball, with absolute ease.

Worry about more important things.

I hear ya, brother.  My hands measure 9 3/4", and I can't throw for shit.  They did help me tremendously, when it came to blocking and tackling though..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 06:29 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: small hands in cold weather is just terrible.I would get used to wearing grip gloves in cold weather for Joe as it will effect his ability to hand onto the ball and it could effect his whole game in the Nfl.that to me is a HUGE concern.Does anyone know what his birthday is? I do not like the idea that he has small hands.That is a bummer and playing in the division we are in they will find EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING TO ATTACK THIS DUDE. Draft another qb and not Herbert,guys from the west coast get lonely for their homesite and want out of cincy,like stinkin Palmer.

Trying to find any reason to not draft burrow I see.

Hes going to be just fine. We are drafting burrow.
Reply/Quote
Everybody is worrying about any thing any of these talking heads say. Just stop.

What they need to start talking about is what's the fastest time between the assrag commissioner opening the draft and the first pick being in.

Because as he opens the draft the Bengals rep is going to be there with the card with Joe Burrow's name on it. Exactly .325 of minute after opening.

Like to see them go to a commercial break when we pick this year...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 10:44 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Everybody is worrying about any thing any of these talking heads say. Just stop.

What they need to start talking about is what's the fastest time between the assrag commissioner opening the draft and the first pick being in.

Because as he opens the draft the Bengals rep is going to be there with the card with Joe Burrow's name on it. Exactly .325 of minute after opening.

Like to see them go to a commercial break when we pick this year...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

What is nice is this year they might not go to a commercial break on us everytime with us having the first pick in every round...
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 10:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What is nice is this year they might not go to a commercial break on us everytime with us having the first pick in every round...

WhoDey2  This was my thought as well... ThumbsUp  
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 04:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Funny Munoz was saying that Chase wasn't getting double and triple teamed too much in the Michigan game.

Will have to go back and watch this game.

He wasn't...
Reply/Quote

I guess if he had bigger hands they would cut him some slack and not do everything and anything to attack him. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap3000000638457/Duke-Tobin-QB-hand-measurements-are-useless

Duke Tobin talked about QB hand measurements just a couple years ago.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Why are people making a big deal about cold weather?

From a purely-physics standpoint, things SHRINK in cold weather, so wouldn't the bigger deal be in warmer/more humid weather? Like Louisiana, where he had no issues with gripping or throwing?

The ball is HARDER TO HOLD ONTO, in colder weather, but it doesn't correlate to hand size at all.

Like, AT ALL lol, unless someone can prove me wrong (again, just talking from a pure physics standpoint; we always played pickup football and at school during the winter, so we could tackle and not get as hurt lol, so I don't know about warmer weather).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 11:32 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Why are people making a big deal about cold weather?

From a purely-physics standpoint, things SHRINK in cold weather, so wouldn't the bigger deal be in warmer/more humid weather? Like Louisiana, where he had no issues with gripping or throwing?

The ball is HARDER TO HOLD ONTO, in colder weather, but it doesn't correlate to hand size at all.

Like, AT ALL lol, unless someone can prove me wrong (again, just talking from a pure physics standpoint; we always played pickup football and at school during the winter, so we could tackle and not get as hurt lol, so I don't know about warmer weather).

Agreed. The general way of thinking is that in the cold the surface of the ball is slicker because the ball gets harder. The rotational force of the ball comes from the fingers essentially spinning the ball as it leaves the QB hands. In warmer weather there is more tack to the ball which creates a little more grip and improves rotational velocity and makes it easier to grip in general. Now on the other hand when it's really humid the ball can get a slight film that makes it slip out of the QB's hand. Obviously Burrow is used to playing in humidity so that part shouldn't be a concern. 

As I said in another thread, hand size is an archaic check box scouting point. Strip sacks aren't happening because the hands are small they happen because of poor pocket awareness and improper technique. This is why a guy like Daniel Jones struggles with fumbling and why Patrick Mahomes doesn't. 
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 04:56 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Burrow just took a huge hit with hand measuring only 9 inches.  Smallest for 1st rd QBs since 2008.  Not good.

Irrelevant 
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 04:56 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Burrow just took a huge hit with hand measuring only 9 inches.  Smallest for 1st rd QBs since 2008.  Not good.

(02-24-2020, 05:13 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: This is historic. No QB has been picked first overall with hands that small since 2016.

ps Has Zac Taylor ever worked with a QB1 with bigger hands? Certainly not in the pros where his two main QBs were Tannehill and Goff.

(02-24-2020, 05:13 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: Burrow didn’t have a fumbling issue so it’s a non-issue.

(02-24-2020, 06:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So this makes all of this shit moot right there.

(02-25-2020, 09:39 AM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap3000000638457/Duke-Tobin-QB-hand-measurements-are-useless

Duke Tobin talked about QB hand measurements just a couple years ago.
Yep.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2020/story/_/id/28770715/why-nfl-combine-built-myth-qb-hand-size-measurement-mean-anything
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 04:46 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Burrow with small hands. Is this what he calls leverage? Lol.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28772745/source-joe-burrow-measured-9-inch-hands-nfl-combine

well his leverage is that his play was so good on the field he doesn't need to do combine drills
Reply/Quote
if we are concerned with his small hands lets hire tiny hands kitna as QB coach
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 06:31 PM)kdgjr Wrote: Yeah, but his d*&K is huge.

I saw it on his hat!

Noooo.... not another thread about the Quarterbacks magnificent junk....
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 03:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well his leverage is that his play was so good on the field he doesn't need to do combine drills
He said something about how late in the year he played in his last game. And wants as much time as he can get before he shows the scouts what he has got so he is going to wait till his pro day to run drills.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 04:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No need, both players have already cemented their spots.

As I just saw in the other thread Munoz was talking about both Chase and Joe and brought up the Michigan game
where Chase disappeared for a half against OSU's #1 rival. This concerned Anthony as it did me when I watched
this game, then I watched Burrow torch Clemson in the college football championship and it sealed the deal on who
should be the #1 overall pick, at least for Munoz and myself.

Those teams schemed to limit Young, which meant that other OSU players were left free. You know you're good when teams change things simply because you are there. But I agree with Burrow as the #1 pick. Not because he's better at his position than Young is at his, but because QB is just so much more of an important position.

Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 06:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So this makes all of this shit moot right there.

This 9" hand size thing is a bunch of foolishness. He can throw a football plenty well. Seriously, the media making a big deal of it is laughable.
Reply/Quote