Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Drafted My First Team!
The friend that invited me to this league (and three or four others) is actually a bouncer at the bar behind my place.

I noticed one of the names is a bartender at the same bar (he served time in Iraq) but I didn't pay much attention to anyone else.

I had the 2nd pick and this is (I think) only a $50 buy-in and it's a twelve team league.

Let me know what you think:

1. Christian McCaffrey- he took Taylor first but I think McCaffrey could finish as the top back because he's the top back when healthy and I think the Panthers are going to try and reduce his injury risk this year (seems obvious but they were talking about it on a fantasy football show).

2. Tyreek Hill- back-to-back top five seasons at receiver and, sure, no Mohomes, but now he's the unquestioned alpha on the team!

3. Mark Andrews- I don't know what the hell I was thinking here taking Andrews instead of Kelce and it could come back to haunt me, but Andrews isn't a bad consolation.

4. Brandin Cooks- has hit a thousand yards in six of last seven seasons and performed as a low=end #1 receiver in nine games last season.

5. Breece Hall- saw on a fantasy show where he could have a big year and I got him about seven spots later than his ADP, so I feel good about it.

6. Lamar Jackson- hoping he can hit Andrews a lot and make up for me passing on Kelce. He's the #2 QB on a lot of sites.

7. Elijah Mitchell- if he's healthy and gets the majority of San Fran's carries, I think he could be a steal here.

8. Rashad Batemen- he has a lot of upside if the Ravens throw it a lot and Lamar has a big season.

9. Tony Pollard- I think he and Zeke could be 50-50 for the Cowboys, so hell of a pick if it does go 50-50 (or anywhere near it).

10. Brandon Aiyuk- ranked 16th in PPR last season in his final 11 games. I don't expect that to continue, but he has potential.

11. Chris Olave- Saints moved up to 11 to draft him, so I think he has a high ceiling.

12. George Pickens- I hate the Steelers but this kid could be good if anyone can throw him the ball.

13. D'Onta Foreman- McCaffrey handcuff.

14. Bucs D/ST- might be the top ranked D/ST.

15. Matt Gay- top ranked kicker on my board.

16. Njoku- I figured he could be good for whatever QB the Browns have until Watson comes back and then maybe he'll put up some decent stats with Watson.

Passing on Kelce is killing me but what do you think?
Reply/Quote
Sadly with the QB situation in Miami it is entirely possible that one of the rookies Pickens or Olave end up as your highest scoring WR.

I hate that Pickens is with the steelers, the kid is going to be special and annoy this franchise for the next several years.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2022, 05:24 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Sadly with the QB situation in Miami it is entirely possible that one of the rookies Pickens or Olave end up as your highest scoring WR.

I hate that Pickens is with the steelers, the kid is going to be special and annoy this franchise for the next several years.

He seems like a real jagoff. Perfect fit for that team. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be surprised if Andrews out produces Kelce just because the Ravens really have no other options in the passing game. Having that many Ravens that are projected to start for you could hurt, though. A rough day on offense can basically give you three guys that underperform. An injury to Lamar can hurt both Andrews and Bateman and likewise an injury to either of them can hurt Lamar.
Reply/Quote