Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Power Rankings
This is the Sporting News not NFL.com or ESPN but nonetheless Cincy #5? Wow wonder when we were #5 on any power rankings? Such an amazing turnaround. It’s takes drafting right, free agency success, coaching, and some luck to turn one of the worst teams around in one year. A lot of accolades here to lots of folks.
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/nfl-power-rankings-2022-playoffs/1vwmbwy7urtf51o58fe3gmp0e8
Reply/Quote
I think in 2015 we were a top 3 team at one point. Obviously that was a much slower ascent than this past year.
Reply/Quote
Love to see it. I think the ranking might be a tiny bit high, but there is no doubt that Cincinnati is a good team. They also have something going for them in this playoffs - a strong passing attack. When they are on, Cincinnati can put up points in a hurry.

To keep the theme of power rankings go, here is team tiers by EPA per play on offense and defense.

[Image: A0atpcj.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:06 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: This is the Sporting News not NFL.com or ESPN but nonetheless Cincy #5? Wow wonder when we were #5 on any power rankings? Such an amazing turnaround. It’s takes drafting right, free agency success, coaching, and some luck to turn one of the worst teams around in one year. A lot of accolades here to lots of folks.
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/nfl-power-rankings-2022-playoffs/1vwmbwy7urtf51o58fe3gmp0e8

6th in the NFL .com rankings

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:59 AM)pally Wrote: 6th in the NFL .com rankings

I don’t know how they can keep Bates next year. They do have the most salary cap room of any playoff team. This will be their last year of possible aggressive free agency. They are going to need to save for several to resign down the line. This has to be the year that the OL is really the total focus.
Reply/Quote