Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Power Rankings: Team outlooks after 2021 NFL Draft
https://sportsnaut.com/nfl-power-rankings-all-32-teams-updated-weekly/

27. Cincinnati Bengals

Drafting Ja’Marr Chase over Penei Sewell is a decision that will draw plenty of criticism. Joe Burrow suffered that gruesome knee injury because of Cincinnati’s porous offensive line, not due to a lack of receivers. With that said, there is something special about the connection Chase and Burrow have.

People wanted to give Cincinnati the benefit of the doubt entering Day 2, especially with the offensive linemen available. The Bengals traded down and eventually took an offensive lineman, with no experience on the inside, who they will convert to guard. This organization is a disaster.

21. Pittsburgh Steelers

Najee Harris is an outstanding running back and he should do great things at the next level. Pittsburgh’s mistake was falling in love with him and failing to recognize just how atrocious the state of this offensive line is. With an opportunity to address that problem in Round 2, Pittsburgh took a tight end. An aging quarterback, one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL and a defense in decline. Put that all together and you’ve got a recipe for a top-10 pick.

5. Baltimore Ravens

The Baltimore Ravens needed to knock it out of the park in Round 1 and that’s exactly what they did. Rashod Bateman was made for this offense, with Baltimore landing the closest thing to Allen Robinson a team can have without actually having the Pro Bowl receiver. Odafe Oweh is raw, but he’s in the ideal system and this coaching staff can turn his athleticism into production. In Round 2, the Ravens strengthened their offensive line by drafting Ben Cleveland. It’s safe to say Baltimore can compete for a Super Bowl this season.

3. Cleveland Browns

Defense was the thing standing in the way of the Cleveland Browns becoming a Super Bowl contender. Adding Troy Hill, John Johnson III and Jadeveon Clowney helped make this a quality unit. After drafting Greg Newsome II, the Browns had more than enough talent to earn everyone’s respect. With Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah now on board, this is definitively a Super Bowl threat.

This season should be fun!
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
The review for the Bengals is very accurate.

However the hype around the Browns is silly.

Top 5? No chance

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 03:19 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The review for the Bengals is very accurate.

However the hype around the Browns is silly.

Top 5? No chance

How so?  

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 06:17 PM)Vambo Wrote: How so?  

I can name 5 teams that are better then them right now.

Clearly Kansas City and Tampa.

I'd take the Bills over them as well as Green Bay (unless A-A Ron leaves), and never rule out Seattle and Russel Wilson.

After that you have a giant pile of teams like Baltimore (who I think wins the AFC North), the Chargers who look primed to break out, the Titans can never be counted out, the Browns, the Rams with Stafford will be very interesting to watch, and then the Cardinals who I just can't figure out if I love or hate.

Top 10 for the Browns, no issue. Top 5 I just don't see it, plus I still would pick Baltimore to win the division and Cleveland as a WC team.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 06:28 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I can name 5 teams that are better then them right now.

Clearly Kansas City and Tampa.

I'd take the Bills over them as well as Green Bay (unless A-A Ron leaves), and never rule out Seattle and Russel Wilson.

After that you have a giant pile of teams like Baltimore (who I think wins the AFC North), the Chargers who look primed to break out, the Titans can never be counted out, the Browns, the Rams with Stafford will be very interesting to watch, and then the Cardinals who I just can't figure out if I love or hate.

Top 10 for the Browns, no issue. Top 5 I just don't see it, plus I still would pick Baltimore to win the division and Cleveland as a WC team.

We will just have to wait to see Wink

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
The Browns remind me of the 2012-15 Bengals their definitely a title contender but something is missing.
1.) Baker isn't special; good yes special no.
2.) Lack of pass rush outside of Garret. Yes Clowney is there but he is always hurt and he isn't a dynamic player.
3.) It will take time for the back 7 to gel.

As far as the Bengals go I think 27th is fair I could go even lower. The biggest problem we have is Defense though and not the offensive. Our offense is going to light teams up but opposing offenses will do the same to us.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 08:53 PM)J24 Wrote: The Browns remind me of the 2012-15 Bengals their definitely a title contender but something is missing.

1.) Baker isn't special; good yes special no.

Last season was first time with KS and with everyone returning I see more improvement as the season goes along, with OBJ returning and addition of new skill players I see a lot of upside, Baker is learning and should get better over time.

2.) Lack of pass rush outside of Garret. Yes Clowney is there but he is always hurt and he isn't a dynamic player.

Takkarist McKinley

Porter Gustin

Curtis Weaver

[url=https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/players-roster/takkarist-mckinley/][/url]

3.) It will take time for the back 7 to gel.

This is good they will be ready come playoff time, I see nothing but improvement this season.

As far as the Bengals go I think 27th is fair I could go even lower. The biggest problem we have is Defense though and not the offensive.

Our offense is going to light teams up

If they can keep your QB upright that could happen,  they went or flash when in my opinion should have bolstered the trenches with the best Oline talent they could have gotten but they decided to go flashy...as the Browns did getting OBJ and that season was a disaster.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote