Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Revenue Sharing
Saw this on ESPN last night, thought it would be relevant. Each team received $226.4 Million from the NFL as part of the national revenue sharing from the 2014 fiscal year.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13290743/green-bay-packers-financial-records-reveal-2264m-nfl-revenue-sharing

If you were the owner, what would you be looking into buying first?

Practice bubble, better medical staff, etc.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 04:55 PM)Night Wrote: Saw this on ESPN last night, thought it would be relevant. Each team received $226.4 Million from the NFL as part of the national revenue sharing from the 2014 fiscal year.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13290743/green-bay-packers-financial-records-reveal-2264m-nfl-revenue-sharing

A coaching staff.....a real one. ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Practice bubble, more scouts, and I would actually hire a gm.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'd put the money directly into my pocket.
Reply/Quote
Put a retractable roof on PBS so we get a Super bowl
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 05:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: A coaching staff.....a real one. ThumbsUp

Or a less stupid fan base... ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I'd give it to my wife.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 06:35 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I'd give it to my wife.

Yeah, I'd give it to my wife too.  But the money would be going straight to the bank.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 05:17 PM)J24 Wrote: Practice bubble, more scouts, and I would actually hire a gm.

why hire someone when you could just play duck duck goose for it at a family picnic?
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 06:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, I'd give it to my wife too.  But the money would be going straight to the bank.

I think Eaton meant that he has to give his wife the money to "give it to her". Tongue
Reply/Quote
Decent hot chocolate for the concessions stands.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 08:46 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: I think Eaton meant that he has to give his wife the money to "give it to her". Tongue

Of course he meant that, I was being sarcastic, you boob! Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 09:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Of course he meant that, I was being sarcastic, you boob! Ninja

Lol.....and I was too....I meant that he had to pay her to......you know......... Tongue
Reply/Quote
I would use it to fund that rock opera I've been working on that involves the chimpanzee saving the Bengals' season by wearing a fedora and becoming the coach. It's called Head Chimp-Coach. You'll love the scene where he calls a septupal reverse and then spends 3 days of practice time instructing the defensive line on the proper manner to throw feces at the opposing QB.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 04:55 PM)Night Wrote: Saw this on ESPN last night, thought it would be relevant. Each team received $226.4 Million from the NFL as part of the national revenue sharing from the 2014 fiscal year.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLVLvXNbgbsaHNpihfJAm...mgsUDD-IXA]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 05:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd put the money directly into my pocket.

Mikey? Confused
(07-21-2015, 06:22 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: Or a less stupid fan base... ThumbsUp

Fantastic.....who will be replacing you? ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2015, 10:50 AM)Wyche Wrote: Mikey? Confused

Hey, I'm just being honest.  The fact that I'm a corner-cutting, ME-FIRST kinda guy who would rather save profits and then make up some bs excuse about how spending it in ways more successful teams do would actually HARM your favorite squad doesn't mean I should like Mike Brown for doing the same thing.

Instead of building the practice facility I would pocket the money and then laugh as the fan base turns on the players they profess to love for being spoiled little babies who want to be coddled.  Oh you think I should improve the stadium on my own dime? Hmm, seems to me a REAL fan would watch the Bengals he claims to love so much from a wooden folding chair. Guess you aren't a real fan, eh?

MWA HA HA!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2015, 06:22 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: Or a less stupid fan base... ThumbsUp

History has shown that having a less stupid fan base in Cincinnati is tougher to achieve than agreement between Republicans and Democrats.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2015, 10:02 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I would use it to fund that rock opera I've been working on that involves the chimpanzee saving the Bengals' season by wearing a fedora and becoming the coach. It's called Head Chimp-Coach. You'll love the scene where he calls a septupal reverse and then spends 3 days of practice time instructing the defensive line on the proper manner to throw feces at the opposing QB.

Discounted orchestra seats for all of us? Please?!
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2015, 08:50 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Discounted orchestra seats for all of us?  Please?!

Sure!  Just be aware there is a "splash zone" given the flinging of feces.
Reply/Quote