Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Sunday Ticket without Direct TV subscription
Direct TV included the Sunday Ticket for free if you already have Direct TV because they are losing people left and right.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I never understood why the NFL was willing to sell these rigths, but then limited their market so much by not letting anyone but DirctTV offer it.

Sunday ticket is probably close to 20 years old by now.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2022, 10:15 AM)wcu Wrote: $200 for the season, $50/mo for 4 months.

I've had it since 97 & I pay over $500 with fees & taxes. It's the only programming I have with DirecTv. I was grandfathered in so I only have just that. I really thought about giving it up but Joe Burrow changed my mind. If DirecTv loses it as an exclusive I'll finally be done with them.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 04:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I never understood why the NFL was willing to sell these rigths, but then limited their market so much by not letting anyone but DirctTV offer it.

Sunday ticket is probably close to 20 years old by now.

I've been in Florida since 97 & I've had Sunday Ticket every year since. 25 years worth.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2022, 01:06 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I believe it also has to do with if you are able to install a dish at your particular residence.  I am in a major metro but cannot install a dish.  I was given the option to sign up, but at a higher cost - $78 and $99 / month. 
Bingo. Same reason they had the student streaming package, can't set up a dish in a dorm.

(09-09-2022, 12:28 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Yes for sure DTV is cooked going up against Amazon and Apple.

Not so fast. Most bars can't get the bandwidth to stream games, and as such Amazon has already partnered with DTV to show the Thursday games in bars. Meanwhile, a huge swath of the country does not have high speed internet with the necessary bandwidth to stream the games, so there is still a line of thought that the NFL will push the streaming partner to license a satellite Sunday Ticket to DTV.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 06:26 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: I've been in Florida since 97 & I've had Sunday Ticket every year since. 25 years worth.

I got it in '06.  I'd say a bunch of other Bengal fans did also.

I loved it. I had not lived anywhere near Cincinnati since 1981, and they had very few national games.  So it was rare for me to get to watch the Bengal on TV.

In '18 I moved from the middle of nowhere to the outskirts of nowhere.  I had to have a land line because I could not get cell service.  The telephone company offered a bundle deal with DISH and internet service that made it economically prohibitive to pay for DirectTV.  Thanks to a lucky coincidence I didn't really get that upset over it.  I have never been more upset with the Bengals than when they brought Marvin back after the '17 season.  
Reply/Quote
I don't imagine Amazon will do anything less than screw everyone possible before they just stream every game to any market without upcharging everyone for the honor of getting screwed by the space cadet himself.. Not that I hold too many grudges against Jeffrey or anything.. Well..maybe just a few..  
Hey, just for shoots and giggles Bezos yacht is stuck in Alblasserdam, Netherlands because it was built in the shipyards there and nobody took into account the fact its a sailing yacht with a huge mast and the city of Alblassrdam refuses to disassemble the bridge in the way of it being able to get to sea.. It seems the good people of Alblasserdam don't really seem to like Bezos face or his money. They seem to like his yacht right where it is.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote