Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL TV map-Week 1
What a difference a year makes...This is as close as a 1PM can get to a being a national game

Louisville is in luck. Carolina and Florida are out of it

Ian Eagle and Charles Davis announcing

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2022&wk=1

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 12:50 PM)pally Wrote: What a difference a year makes...This is as close as a 1PM can get to a being a national game

Louisville is in luck.  Carolina and Florida are out of it

Pretty Sure Sunday Ticket is free for everyone in Wk 1, if you are outside of the cincy area. 

Next year- you can bet that anyone who wants to watch any out of market games will be able to do so with the new sunday ticket provider not being as miserable as DirectTV has been 
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 12:51 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Pretty Sure Sunday Ticket is free for everyone in Wk 1, if you are outside of the cincy area. 

Next year- you can bet that anyone who wants to watch any out of market games will be able to do so with the new sunday ticket provider not being as miserable as DirectTV has been 

I know everyone wants to go to a streaming Sunday Ticket but I'm not one.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Anxious to get started.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 12:51 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Pretty Sure Sunday Ticket is free for everyone in Wk 1, if you are outside of the cincy area. 

Don't you have to be a Direct TV subscriber to get Sunday Ticket? Who is the new provider going to be, I haven't heard? 
To me, if they wanted to sell more Sunday Ticket subscriptions, they would do better to offer the whole ticket, or a reduced ticket to watch 1 team. I'm not paying several hundred dollars for Sunday Ticket (even if I had Direct) because I do not have time to watch 16 football games a week. On the other hand, I would gladly shell out a hundred just to be able to follow the Bengals when they are not on Louisville channels.
Reply/Quote
I'm trying out NFL+ this year. I can't get live games since I'm out of market (wth NFL??) but I can get the recordings when the game is over. So I have to be on a blackout until about 4:15 and then I can watch the replay. We'll see how well it works.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 01:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Don't you have to be a Direct TV subscriber to get Sunday Ticket? Who is the new provider going to be, I haven't heard? 
To me, if they wanted to sell more Sunday Ticket subscriptions, they would do better to offer the whole ticket, or a reduced ticket to watch 1 team. I'm not paying several hundred dollars for Sunday Ticket (even if I had Direct) because I do not have time to watch 16 football games a week. On the other hand, I would gladly shell out a hundred just to be able to follow the Bengals when they are not on Louisville channels.

totally agree! I had the Sunday ticket for about 6 years, until they offered it for free to new subscribers. I called and was told sorry....
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 12:50 PM)pally Wrote: What a difference a year makes...This is as close as a 1PM can get to a being a national game

Yeah, me!!!  
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 01:54 PM)Earendil Wrote: I'm trying out NFL+ this year. I can't get live games since I'm out of market (wth NFL??) but I can get the recordings when the game is over. So I have to be on a blackout until about 4:15 and then I can watch the replay. We'll see how well it works.

I tried it back in 2020.
It's very tough to avoid seeing the score updates before you can watch the game.
And if you already know the outcome, it's tough being motivated to watch the game after.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 01:54 PM)Earendil Wrote: I'm trying out NFL+ this year. I can't get live games since I'm out of market (wth NFL??) but I can get the recordings when the game is over. So I have to be on a blackout until about 4:15 and then I can watch the replay. We'll see how well it works.

I've used it for the last couple of years to catch the games that aren't shown in Louisville. The biggest drawback is you can't watch the other 1PM games without seeing the scores, so I missed some of the games, like Baltimore vs Cleveland, etc., that I would like to have watched due to that one thing.
Reply/Quote
I generally don't watch other games unless forced to. I think what is different this year as opposed to previous years is that according to their site, the game is available when it is over rather than having to wait until the Sunday night game finishes. I hope that's how it actually works. If not, then I guess I'll be cancelling it and finding another way to watch. I'm not usually home on Sundays until around 4pm anyway, so that part won't be hard.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 03:13 PM)Earendil Wrote: I generally don't watch other games unless forced to. I think what is different this year as opposed to previous years is that according to their site, the game is available when it is over rather than having to wait until the Sunday night game finishes. I hope that's how it actually works. If not, then I guess I'll be cancelling it and finding another way to watch. I'm not usually home on Sundays until around 4pm anyway, so that part won't be hard.

The games used to always be available right after they were done.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
National game.. sweet!
Reply/Quote

Awesome, I get to see the game!!!DancingSay WhatClapping
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 03:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The games used to always be available right after they were done.

I guess I'm remembering wrong, because I thought I had to wait until late Sunday night to watch them. But that was almost 10 years ago, so my memory is probably failing.
Reply/Quote

DirecTV has never been a problem for me.  I've had it for close to 20 years with less problems than I ever had with Comcast.

(09-07-2022, 01:00 PM)Synric Wrote: I know everyone wants to go to a streaming Sunday Ticket but I'm not one.

Ditto

(09-07-2022, 01:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Don't you have to be a Direct TV subscriber to get Sunday Ticket? Who is the new provider going to be, I haven't heard? 

It's not set in stone yet, but Apple is the currently the front runner, and it sounds like it is by more than just a nose.

(09-07-2022, 03:57 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: National game.. sweet!

Being out of market, I hate the Bengals getting a locally televised game, national or not.  When they are televised locally, Sunday Ticket feeds must be blacked out to the area.  Since it is not the home or away market, the networks can, and will, cut it off in a heartbeat if the producers don't find it to be exciting.  Since the Sunday Ticket feed is blacked out, that's it for watching the game in my area.  If it's not televised locally to me, I get to watch it on Sunday Ticket and the feed can not be switched off.
Reply/Quote
I do hate the Steelers. I want humiliation for the spawn of Kimo. 48-0 sounds good.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 01:56 PM)sandwedge Wrote: totally agree! I had the Sunday ticket for about 6 years, until they offered it for free to new subscribers. I called and was told sorry....

I had it for years and still would if I had not moved away and had to get DISH instead of DirectTV.

You could never get it for free, but they always offered a reduced rate for new customers and all you had to do was call and request to get that lower rate.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 02:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I tried it back in 2020.
It's very tough to avoid seeing the score updates before you can watch the game.
And if you already know the outcome, it's tough being motivated to watch the game after.
If you can't avoid your phone for about 7 hours(3.5 hours live and 3.5 hours replay), then you're going to have problems. I only had one issue in three seasons. Opening day last year when an old friend came back into my circle after a long absence and didn't know not to talk football with me on Sundays. "Bengals got lucky but big opening day win!" was the text I got as I was clocking out from work and heading home(I asked for an early 4 hour shift on Sundays because they were almost all 9:00 am games, 1:00 pm EST). "Ummm, thanks but I was just going home to watch it . . . I only have NFL Game Pass so I can't watch it live. I have to wait 10-15 minutes until the game is over to give them time to upload it."

Pro-Tip: Some commercials are cut out of the first few hours of availability but if you can wait until even later, almost every commercial is cut out.  
(09-07-2022, 02:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I've used it for the last couple of years to catch the games that aren't shown in Louisville. The biggest drawback is you can't watch the other 1PM games without seeing the scores, so I missed some of the games, like Baltimore vs Cleveland, etc., that I would like to have watched due to that one thing.
They need to implement the dual screen or quad screen that MLB.tv has to watch up to 4 games at once. I love that feature. In years past, I would cut a long piece of card board and tape it across the crawl at the bottom of the screen to avoid spoilers. Now I just stack CDs or DVDs in front of the key spots so I can enjoy the other games later. Jim Nance is still old school and thinks he needs to read out the scores of other games to you, so fair warning on that if he's calling a game that you're watching.
(09-07-2022, 03:13 PM)Earendil Wrote: I generally don't watch other games unless forced to. I think what is different this year as opposed to previous years is that according to their site, the game is available when it is over rather than having to wait until the Sunday night game finishes. I hope that's how it actually works. If not, then I guess I'll be cancelling it and finding another way to watch. I'm not usually home on Sundays until around 4pm anyway, so that part won't be hard.
Like I said above, if you either don't tell your friends to leave you alone regarding the Bengals or can't avoid your phone for 7 hours, it sucks. But it sounds like you'll be busy for most of the games so it may work out. I have found the phone silence to be a positive biproduct of having Game Pass which I guess is called NFL+ now.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 03:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The games used to always be available right after they were done.

When they first offered the service over five years ago you couldn't play any recorded game if something was airing live - including Sunday night games.  So if C'bus showed the Browns game I was sometimes up late watching the game after the Sunday night game.

Later they started making them available within a couple of hours of completion regardless of what was showing live.  Only over the last season or two have games been available soon after they've been complete.

Usually right after you get them complete with commercials.  Usually within a few days they go through and edit that stuff out. As I've gone through and rewatched last year's games the editing has been pretty sloppy with entire plays sometimes cut out with the commercials.  I hope they clean that up.

I don't have any problem blacking out for the games.  I have plenty of Fall yard work to do and my phone can stay inside.
Reply/Quote