Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL TV map-Week 11
(11-16-2022, 04:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This wouldn't be an issue if you didn't have a sister. It's her fault.

But it's my wife's sister!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 06:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sister is not the issue, issue is sister did not marry a Bengal or NFL fan

But he is a Bengals fan. He was just over with some other family to watch the Panthers game. I made a huge pot of chili for everyone. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 06:58 PM)JumboTron Wrote: That's fair, and I respect your loyalty to a family member.  However, you do know that if the Bengals win on Sunday you can't watch another Bengals/Steelers game.

#FanLaw.

I've watched/not watched so many bengals/steelers game over the decades under so many circumstances, i'm kind of exempt from that. 

My only criteria for a game is, i CAN NOT miss the opening kickoff then start watching the game. It's either be there before the start, or watch the whole game later. 

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 04:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This wouldn't be an issue if you didn't have a sister. It's her fault.

This is 2022, his brother in law very well could be married to his brother

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 03:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: On another note...my brother in law decided to have his birthday dinner this weekend. Sunday at 4:30. Mellow

Browns fan ? 

Planning dinner right after the Bills game

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Watching the Clowns get (hopefully) curb-stomped at 1:00 will be a nice appetizer for the main course at 4:25.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 02:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Bogus. Oh well, will have to watch it afterwards. I thought we would of at least be on CBS over a couple NFC teams going at it.

Fortunately been getting lucky with Bengals being televised in Louisville this year. 

Not always the case even though we are in very close proximity to Cincinnati. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 05:37 PM)Nepa Wrote: That tiny little spot in New Orleans, buried by the color in the rest of the nation, is quite stunning to behold. And its right next to Texas, so I can imagine some Dallas fans in that part of Louisiana are "What the ****?"

I can feel their pain, Every week when the dumbasses in the Louisville Market show Baltimore over Cincy because Lamar Jackson played in College here 5 years ago, I say WTF
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 09:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I can feel their pain, Every week when the dumbasses in the Louisville Market show Baltimore over Cincy because Lamar Jackson played in College here 5 years ago, I say WTF

Hey now, a smaller patch of Oregon sees Mariota's games every week...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 09:36 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Hey now, a smaller patch of Oregon sees Mariota's games every week...

and Wyoming gets the Bills for Josh Allen

Reply/Quote
just call in saying you are drunk, boisterous and behaving inappropriately to attend the party, but called to wish him a happy birthday. He'll understand and appreciate you staying home drunk, boisterous and behaving inappropriately.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 09:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I can feel their pain, Every week when the dumbasses in the Louisville Market show Baltimore over Cincy because Lamar Jackson played in College here 5 years ago, I say WTF

The Baltimore game is still being shown in Louisville and they're only playing the Panthers. 

Obviously I'm a Cardinal fan and get it even though it makes me mad the Bengals were getting bumped. But to be fair when I went to the local bar Joe's to watch the Bengals the only time they were not on TV this year, sadly there were way more Raven fans there then Bengals fans. The other local bar R-Place is a steeler bar. Lots of bandwagon fans in this town 

Yet that's way better to me then when Louisville showed the Browns every week because Tim Couch Potato from UK played there. Went through a spell of the Colts shown constantly when Manning was there even though he had no local ties. 

The Bengals have always got shafted in Louisville and glad it is changing back to the Bengals.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 01:59 AM)Go Cards Wrote: The Baltimore game is still being shown in Louisville and they're only playing the Panthers. 

Obviously I'm a Cardinal fan and get it even though it makes me mad the Bengals were getting bumped. But to be fair when I went to the local bar Joe's to watch the Bengals the only time they were not on TV this year, sadly there were way more Raven fans there then Bengals fans. The other local bar R-Place is a steeler bar. Lots of bandwagon fans in this town 

Yet that's way better to me then when Louisville showed the Browns every week because Tim Couch Potato from UK played there. Went through a spell of the Colts shown constantly when Manning was there even though he had no local ties. 

The Bengals have always got shafted in Louisville and glad it is changing back to the Bengals.  

For a long time Louisville was considered part of the Colts viewing area. Now they are in no man’s land but moving towards Bengals first.

According to the Bengals.com, Wicks Pzza is a Bengals bar in Louisville. Of course for all I know that is no where near where you actually live

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 07:06 AM)pally Wrote: For a long time Louisville was considered part of the Colts viewing area.  Now they are in no man’s land but moving towards Bengals first.

According to the Bengals.com, Wicks Pzza is a Bengals bar in Louisville.  Of course for all I know that is no where near where you actually live

I believe Louisville is still considered Colts' home market. I was feeling particularly pissed one day and called the local CBS station to complain, and they said they can only broadcast what the NFL sends them. It was always getting the Bengals only if the Colts weren't playing. Now we get a lot of Ravens due to Lamar, but I think we are still considered Colts home market, even though Cincy is closer than Indy. Makes no sense, other than no one wants to watch the Colts since Manning left. Here locally, R-Place and Bungalow Joes are Stooler bars which I will not enter. There is a "Lamar Bar" on Frankfort Ave. that is a Ravens bar. Wicks Pizza in the Highlands has two bar areas, one is a Bengals Bar and the other side is a Redskins Bar. The Bengals side erupts into the best version of the touchdown song ever.....the whole place sings the song and end it with "F Pittsburgh." I don't like watching football at bars though, so I do what I can to watch it at home. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 07:06 AM)pally Wrote: For a long time Louisville was considered part of the Colts viewing area.  Now they are in no man’s land but moving towards Bengals first.

According to the Bengals.com, Wicks Pzza is a Bengals bar in Louisville.  Of course for all I know that is no where near where you actually live

In the 70' and 80's it was 100% a Bengals market showing  all the games but it flipped by the 90's. There was a Wick's by me but it closed, it is a pizza house and has the best pizza in town in my book. Now its a long ways off for me but, Brownie's sports bar was supposed to be the top place for Bengals games in their original location and had sort of a shrine built and is not real far away. Yet not sure if they kept it that way after moving. Was always told that I had to go, but being a season ticket holder for 30 years I never made it. 

My Elks club is very Bengals heavy but does not have NFL package and only has the local TV games. Really like Joe's Older Than Dirt's brisket so go there if NFL package is required to view and it does not bother me that multiple other games are on the tube. Im loud and proud while representing the Bengals anyway. 

But would say it's mostly a Ravens market now as bfine suggested per the Louisville fans are as loyal to Lamar as LSU fans are to Chase and Burrow. He did bring them their only Heisman Trophy ever.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 11:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I believe Louisville is still considered Colts' home market. I was feeling particularly pissed one day and called the local CBS station to complain, and they said they can only broadcast what the NFL sends them. It was always getting the Bengals only if the Colts weren't playing. Now we get a lot of Ravens due to Lamar, but I think we are still considered Colts home market, even though Cincy is closer than Indy. Makes no sense, other than no one wants to watch the Colts since Manning left. Here locally, R-Place and Bungalow Joes are Stooler bars which I will not enter. There is a "Lamar Bar" on Frankfort Ave. that is a Ravens bar. Wicks Pizza in the Highlands has two bar areas, one is a Bengals Bar and the other side is a Redskins Bar. The Bengals side erupts into the best version of the touchdown song ever.....the whole place sings the song and end it with "F Pittsburgh." I don't like watching football at bars though, so I do what I can to watch it at home. 

Grew up in R-Place but quit going after becoming a steelers bar, Think Saint's has the Raven's Nest for Baltimore fans as well. 

Most Bengals fans get together privately it seems although as mentioned in other post that Brownie's the Shed used to be 100% a Bengals bar and was like a museum for the Bengals in their original location. Not positive it stayed that way after moving down the street in upscale neighborhood, but know several Bengals fans who still go to watch games, so maybe. 

Going to check it out and gfind out now that Ive dropped my season tickets though and report back. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
WTF? I don't give a shit about Dallas or Minnesota. TNF/SNF or vs Jets/Giants are the only times I can catch the Bengals on TV.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 07:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: But he is a Bengals fan. He was just over with some other family to watch the Panthers game. I made a huge pot of chili for everyone. 

So it must be the wif who decided when dinner was planned on his own Birthday huh? Poor dude, I understand. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 07:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've watched/not watched so many bengals/steelers game over the decades under so many circumstances, i'm kind of exempt from that. 

My only criteria for a game is, i CAN NOT miss the opening kickoff then start watching the game. It's either be there before the start, or watch the whole game later. 

Ah, that changes things. I was going to say that it doesn't take three hours to eat.

Show up
Scarf out right away
"Oooooh." . . . place hand on stomach . . . "Not feeling so hot right now, babe"
"Rest/Recover" in front of the TV
Don't push it though, and give away the game. Don't hold up and wave your empty glass and say "Honey, can you top this off?"
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 07:27 PM)pally Wrote: This is 2022, his brother in law very well could be married to his brother

He didn't say he was a Stooler fan.... Ninja
Reply/Quote