Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL TV map and game info -week 17
Sorry Wyoming. Its pretty much a national game unless you are in the Chargers or Broncos viewing area

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2023&wk=17

announcers are the A-Team for CBS....Nantz and Romo so expect 3 1/2 hours of hearing about the perfection that is Patrick Mahomes

Referee: John Hussey who worked the Rams game earlier this season. He is a among the group that throws the least flags but does seem to favor the home team in his calls especially if they are heavy favorites. Cheifs are favored by 8 points. Don't look for a lot of holding calls on the LT

Uniform combo: white jersey, white pants with black stripes, black socks. This used to be a good combo for them (8-1) but now it has a 4 game losing streak. Combo last worn in KC at the AFC championship game

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Damn!!!Rant

Thanks Pally though, appreciate it. Will have to watch the game on Gamepass afterwards again... Mellow
Reply/Quote
This time slot pretty much effed up my entire New Years plan.

I hate to say it, but I'm about done with the NFL and NCAA for continually trying to jam games into other events, aka Thanksgiving night, Christmas Eve night, Christmas Day, New Years Eve. NCAA Playoff ending after midnight last year and everything this past Sunday night and Monday, along with this coming Sunday evening, may be my final straw.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 07:45 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: This time slot pretty much effed up my entire New Years plan.

I hate to say it, but I'm about done with the NFL and NCAA for continually trying to jam games into other events, aka Thanksgiving night, Christmas Eve night, Christmas Day, New Years Eve.  NCAA Playoff ending after midnight last year and everything this past Sunday night and Monday, along with this coming Sunday evening, may be my final straw.

They play on Sundays all season long and on Saturday once the college football season ends.  This isn't new.  When would you have them play if they can't on Sunday because of NYE

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 07:45 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: This time slot pretty much effed up my entire New Years plan.

I hate to say it, but I'm about done with the NFL and NCAA for continually trying to jam games into other events, aka Thanksgiving night, Christmas Eve night, Christmas Day, New Years Eve.  NCAA Playoff ending after midnight last year and everything this past Sunday night and Monday, along with this coming Sunday evening, may be my final straw.

It's just entertainment....nothing mandatory
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I like the commentators (though Romo can be a bit much at times) and Hussey, so I'm good with that.

Would be awesome to see an upset pulled off.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 07:57 PM)pally Wrote: They play on Sundays all season long and on Saturday once the college football season ends.  This isn't new.  When would you have them play if they can't on Sunday because of NYE

Yes, those have always been the days. But regularly playing on those holidays is a relatively new thing.  There was a point that the regular season concluded prior to Christmas, and they didn't play playoff games on Christmas day.  A Sunday Christmas made games happen on Saturday, or split between Saturday and Monday.  Bengals Vikings in '89 was, I believe, the first time they played a regular season game on Christmas.  For a long while they would push everything to Saturday if Christmas day fell on Sunday.  Playoff games could fall on NYE, but they were over early.  But they have since pushed the start of the season back, and added regular season and playoff games.  Now they are actively scheduling 3 games on Christmas day, and playing a full slate of regular season games on NYE, with still another week of regular season games to follow.  Like I said, it wasn't always this way.
Reply/Quote

I don't get what you are trying to say here JFK? Were they supposed to move the games on Sunday to some other day of the week?

I like that we get more football and entertainment. My biggest problem is with the Thursday night games besides on Thanksgiving and I don't
like the exclusive peacock crap. I also would prefer it if espn gets a game ABC is always included. For this very reason I don't get to watch the 
college football playoff games and this really pisses me off.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2023, 03:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't get what you are trying to say here JFK? Were they supposed to move the games on Sunday to some other day of the week?

I like that we get more football and entertainment. My biggest problem is with the Thursday night games besides on Thanksgiving and I don't
like the exclusive peacock crap. I also would prefer it if espn gets a game ABC is always included. For this very reason I don't get to watch the 
college football playoff games and this really pisses me off.
Don't like the fact that some of these free streaming networks are charging to get a piece of the NFL pie. They better not mess with my Tubi!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote