Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL TV map-week 12
(11-24-2021, 09:35 PM)pally Wrote: https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2021&wk=12

I don't believe it's been said, but I really appreciate you posting this each week.
ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 01:56 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: [Image: 17wy47.jpg]

Lol, won't argue with that assessment. 

Do want to clarify to anybody who may have taken my post the wrong way that some of my dearest friends, family members, and girlfriend are UK fans and we've been poking fun at each other all week. My girl is firing meme texts all day long and of course I gladly return fire.

Weird thing is some Card fans will actually secretly be pulling for the Cats to blow the Cards out. There is a faction of the fan base that turned on the coach at midseason believing they can lure back a hometown hero Jeff Brohm whom everybody wanted to begin with from Purdue. 

But this coachSatterfield has got them playing better now in last two games and it has become doubtful unless another embarrassing loss to their rival came about in their minds.  
I'm not among these people quietly rooting but understand them. Would not mind  seeing Brohm come back so he can stop pilfering the local talent and was a big fan of him as a player too.  

Yet will be rooting with all my heart for the Cards to pull the upset. Upset in my book anyway, not the Vegas book though.

Anyway all in fun. Sorry if taken differently by anybody and personally think the Wildcats are the superior team this year and its not even close. Still am so hoping I'm wrong as usual lol. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 03:05 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Lol, won't argue with that assessment. 

Do want to clarify to anybody who may have taken my post the wrong way that some of my dearest friends, family members, and girlfriend are UK fans and we've been poking fun at each other all week. My girl is firing meme texts all day long and of course I gladly return fire.

Weird thing is some Card fans will actually secretly be pulling for the Cats to blow the Cards out. There is a faction of the fan base that turned on the coach at midseason believing they can lure back a hometown hero Jeff Brohm whom everybody wanted to begin with from Purdue. 

But this coachSatterfield has got them playing better now in last two games and it has become doubtful unless another embarrassing loss to their rival came about in their minds.  
I'm not among these people quietly rooting but understand them. Would not mind  seeing Brohm come back so he can stop pilfering the local talent and was a big fan of him as a player too.  

Yet will be rooting with all my heart for the Cards to pull the upset. Upset in my book anyway, not the Vegas book though.

Anyway all in fun. Sorry if taken differently by anybody and personally think the Wildcats are the superior team this year and its not even close. Still am so hoping I'm wrong as usual lol. 

Having policed in Lexington for decades, and living in Louisville, I can attest that your descriptions of the fan bases is pretty dead on.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 12:08 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Trust me on this, if the Cards lose I will take it much better than if them Scats lose. 

By scats, am referencing "animal fecal droppings"  just so there is clarity on this definition.

Yet anyway, those scat fans are such sore losers that when they lose the bars clear out of blue shirts instantaneously. If the Cards lose the party will roll on with both groups staying having fun and Card fans will be hollering "laissez les bon temps roller" no matter the outcome. 

It's a hilarious phenomenon to watch and pity their spouses who don't really don't follow sports but have to pull hard to stay and have fun in lieu of going home with their pouty significant other and watch them kick the dog while mumbling to themselves. 

But my girl is a rabid UK fan and we have a sexual type bet on this games outcome.  

So really Im going to win either way because she will not be able to join the mass exodus on the trail of tears to the Big Blue Boo Hoo after we insert the shocker into their scat filled arses and send them back to Lexington with a funny look on their faces.  

Yet if I had to wager monetarily, would say scats by 20. Odd enough though Vegas has the Cards at a 2 point favorite ? But do have several small bets at even money at work but that's more about the bragging rights than the 20 dollar bills to be forked over. 

So who knows but tend to agree with you this season that the scats should win easily, but if not ? They are never going live it down around this town which is split 50/50 in fanbases. 

Plus we all know you can't spell "sucks" without a UK, so there is always a chance. 

Go Cards !

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 02:06 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I don't believe it's been said, but I really appreciate you posting this each week.
ThumbsUp

thank you

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Once again it's on the edge. I could drive up to NC, find a bar or check into a motel and watch the game or sit here and use the streaming links and listen to Lap and Hoard as usual.. IDK,,maybe I'll drive up and have an excuse to not have to do some silly task around the house.. ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 02:45 PM)grampahol Wrote: Once again it's on the edge. I could drive up to NC, find a bar or check into a motel and watch the game or sit here and use the streaming links and listen to Lap and Hoard as usual.. IDK,,maybe I'll drive up and have an excuse to not have to do some silly task around the house.. ThumbsUp

This is a big game, Gramps, treat yourself, get to packin'.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 02:25 PM)pally Wrote: thank you

[Image: hat-tip.gif]
Reply/Quote