Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NFL TV map-week 15
Another close to a national game. Only the Tennessee-Chargers viewing areas miss it.

announcers:

Jim Nantz
Tony Romo
Tracey Wolfson

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2022&wk=15

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
4:25 is the GOAT timeslot. Rather have these all day than primetime games.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 01:28 PM)pally Wrote: Another close to a national game.  Only the Tennessee-Chargers viewing areas miss it.

announcers:

Jim Nantz
Tony Romo
Tracey Wolfson

more Romo and Nantz getting all lovey dovey with Burrow's opposing qb  Sick

you just know
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 02:30 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: more Romo and Nantz getting all lovey dovey with Burrow's opposing qb  Sick

you just know

I'm probably one of only a few people who turns down the sound on the tv and listens to Dan and Lap on the radio. They're about 10 seconds ahead of the tv so I know what's going to happen before I see it but it's kind of fun, especially if it's a positive play. Been doing that for years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 02:30 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: more Romo and Nantz getting all lovey dovey with Burrow's opposing qb  Sick

you just know

we're 3-1 when they call the game

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 02:39 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I'm probably one of only a few people who turns down the sound on the tv and listens to Dan and Lap on the radio. They're about 10 seconds ahead of the tv so I know what's going to happen before I see it but it's kind of fun, especially if it's a positive play. Been doing that for years.

i do the same. i bought a radio recommended by Lance McAlister once and i love it. i have it hooked to my sound system. i turn down the TV and then use this radio to delay the radio broadcast to synch up. worked great when i had cable tv. works sometimes with YouTube tv. sometimes because the radio can only delay 60 seconds and sometimes YouTube tv gets much further behind. in that case i pause the live game to line them up. if the tv gets behind the radio due to buffering i am out of luck.

https://www.sportsyncradio.com/
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 01:28 PM)pally Wrote: Another close to a national game.  Only the Tennessee-Chargers viewing areas miss it.

announcers:

Jim Nantz
Tony Romo
Tracey Wolfson

Damn. It.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Fantastic news... I'll be in Richmond, VA Sunday, so I was worried I'd miss it. Not the case..... Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 02:26 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: 4:25 is the GOAT timeslot. Rather have these all day than primetime games.
Rather have those than the early games but something about Monday, Sunday, or Thursday night games just gets me excited to be on the big stage.

I know players typically don't like Thursday night games so I'm ok without those but Monday night and Sunday night games get me fired up!
(12-14-2022, 03:07 PM)kronadon Wrote: i do the same. i bought a radio recommended by Lance McAlister once and i love it. i have it hooked to my sound system. i turn down the TV and then use this radio to delay the radio broadcast to synch up. worked great when i had cable tv. works sometimes with YouTube tv. sometimes because the radio can only delay 60 seconds and sometimes YouTube tv gets much further behind. in that case i pause the live game to line them up. if the tv gets behind the radio due to buffering i am out of luck.

https://www.sportsyncradio.com/

Yeah, the only part I hate about this is Romo announcing. I'd almost forfeit the good times to be on TV if it meant no Romo.

Most bars and restaurants around here crank up the noise for games but hopefully there's enough noise to drain out Romo's voice, especially during big plays.
Reply/Quote
YESSSSSSS!!! NATIONAL TV GAME!!!!!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I like Romo as a broadcaster. He seems to be one of the few that actually knows what he is talking about.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 04:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Rather have those than the early games but something about Monday, Sunday, or Thursday night games just gets me excited to be on the big stage.

I know players typically don't like Thursday night games so I'm ok without those but Monday night and Sunday night games get me fired up!

Yeah, the only part I hate about this is Romo announcing. I'd almost forfeit the good times to be on TV if it meant no Romo.

Most bars and restaurants around here crank up the noise for games but hopefully there's enough noise to drain out Romo's voice, especially during big plays.

But Romo often provides some useful analysis, at least for us less knowledgeable types. He'll tell us what the position of the safety means in a particular formation and what play would be successful with that defense. He'll advise the viewer to focus on a particular player and we indeed see that WR or TE get the pass. Sometimes he's nearly prescient in describing what would be run: it will be a screen, it will be a shuffle pass, this is a good play to run a draw, etc. 

He's probably my favorite analyst, to be honest. I learn a lot watching him. 

Yes, sometimes he gives advice that is poor. He was ruminating on whether the Bengals should let KC score at the end of the playoff game so the Bengals would have more time to go down and score themselves, but the Bengals ended up getting two sacks and pushing KC back from inside the 5 to a long field goal try.  But, I replayed that and he didn't say they should do that, just ruminated on whether or not it would be a good idea.

Some annoying quips, of course. "Chase is on the case!" kind of took away from watching a great play. But, all in all, I like him better than any of the other analysts.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 06:23 PM)Nepa Wrote: But Romo often provides some useful analysis, at least for us less knowledgeable types. He'll tell us what the position of the safety means in a particular formation and what play would be successful with that defense. He'll advise the viewer to focus on a particular player and we indeed see that WR or TE get the pass. Sometimes he's nearly prescient in describing what would be run: it will be a screen, it will be a shuffle pass, this is a good play to run a draw, etc. 

He's probably my favorite analyst, to be honest. I learn a lot watching him. 

Yes, sometimes he gives advice that is poor. He was ruminating on whether the Bengals should let KC score at the end of the playoff game so the Bengals would have more time to go down and score themselves, but the Bengals ended up getting two sacks and pushing KC back from inside the 5 to a long field goal try.  But, I replayed that and he didn't say they should do that, just ruminated on whether or not it would be a good idea.

Some annoying quips, of course. "Chase is on the case!" kind of took away from watching a great play. But, all in all, I like him better than any of the other analysts.

See, I’m the opposite and I think some things he says are completely unnecessary to even mention or just so off the wall that I’m like “what the hell are you talking about?”
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 06:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: See, I’m the opposite and I think some things he says are completely unnecessary to even mention or just so off the wall that I’m like “what the hell are you talking about?”

agreed

Romo has me constantly rolling my eyes
Reply/Quote
I love watching NFLPlus and block the scores so I get to watch many of the condensed games without knowing the scores . . . Except when Jim Nance calls a Bengals game because he's still old school. He thinks he's keeping you updated on the other games as if there isn't a crawl underneath or an internet to check. It's still part of his national game call and he's the only one that will consistently just blurt out the results. Every time that there is a "Gamebreak", I hit mute and close my eyes for a bit while I hit the 15 second forward button. Nance doesn't give you that opportunity.

Romo is OK as long as he doesn't try to be funny. His Madden tribute in the first KC game last year was beyond cringe worthy.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 02:39 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I'm probably one of only a few people who turns down the sound on the tv and listens to Dan and Lap on the radio. They're about 10 seconds ahead of the tv so I know what's going to happen before I see it but it's kind of fun, especially if it's a positive play. Been doing that for years.

I do the same, but my situation is opposite of yours.  The radio (local FM station) is about a dozen seconds behind the tv broadcast.  I try to pause the tv to align them, which will work for a while, but inevitably the dvr will adjust itself at some point and throw it back out of synch.  So I eventually gave up and now I just watch it like that.  I know there is the solution that's being discussed, but I'm cheap and have decided to just live with it. Besides, it's fun as a play is unfolding on tv to wonder how Lap will react once he sees it in his time.  

As to the map, my 1:00 options lend themselves to a possible Sunday afternoon nap.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

announcers:

Jim Nantz
Tony Romo
Tracey Wolfson

Although I used to love Romo, he is wearing on me a bit as he never seems to shut up, but overall I love the National Coverage.  People are going to be treated  Ninja to Mahomes destroying the hapless Texans on the early game and then get the Bengals and Bucs for the late game.  That's quite a change-up.  I don't see the Texans having the fight they did against Dallas because Prescott was turd soup and they saw it.  Mahommes will be looking to pad stats and throw a backwards, underarm toss for a TD to make highlight reels and try to win MVP when he doesn't deserve it. 
Reply/Quote

Now you know how us streamers feel when we stream the game and chat on Discord except instead of 10 seconds, we get like a 2 minute preview of things to come. lol
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 06:23 PM)Nepa Wrote: But Romo often provides some useful analysis, at least for us less knowledgeable types. He'll tell us what the position of the safety means in a particular formation and what play would be successful with that defense. He'll advise the viewer to focus on a particular player and we indeed see that WR or TE get the pass. Sometimes he's nearly prescient in describing what would be run: it will be a screen, it will be a shuffle pass, this is a good play to run a draw, etc. 

When Romo does this, he's the best analyst since prime John Madden.

(12-14-2022, 06:23 PM)Nepa Wrote: Some annoying quips, of course. "Chase is on the case!" kind of took away from watching a great play. But, all in all, I like him better than any of the other analysts.

When Romo does this, he's worse than Madden at the end of his broadcasting career
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 06:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I like Romo as a broadcaster. He seems to be one of the few that actually knows what he is talking about.

Indeed.

Whether you like him or not, he is the best colour man on TV ***BY FAR***, for the NFL. Well, maybe Collinsworth comes close, but he doesn't break down the Xs and Os as much a colour guy should.

And CBS is still better than FOX by miles, even with losing Gannon, as Lofton has improved greatly from his first year in '17 (when he was awful) and they dumped Tasker, Dierdorff and Simms (who was only an occasional) in the past 5 years.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote