Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL TV map-week 7
The game is on Fox this week.

Ohio, Western PA, Louisville, most of the deep south, and of course the Marcus Mariota fan club in Eugene Oregon get the game.

Announcers Brandon Gaudin, Robert Smith

These guys are so far down in Fox's announcing pecking order they didn't even make their pre-season press release. Maybe I'll listen to Hoard and Lap

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2022&wk=7

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 01:53 PM)pally Wrote: The game is on Fox this week.

Ohio, Western PA, Louisville, most of the deep south,  and of course the Marcus Mariota fan club in Eugene Oregon get the game.

These guys are so far down in Fox's announcing pecking order they didn't even make their pre-season press release.  Maybe I'll listen to Hoard and Lap

defending afc champs vs a good falcons team, and they send us the F team
Reply/Quote
Damnit why did we have to play at the same time on the same network as Carolina. Jesus. I ***** hate Tom Brady and I’m tired of his games on my tv the last 20 years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 02:09 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: defending afc champs vs a good falcons team, and they send us the F team

I dont think you understand how network TV broadcasts work for the NFL. 
Reply/Quote
I had my brother put the tickets up for sale because they went for $300 each ($200 profit) last game, so I'm just going to do that again because it's not like when we were in our twenties and had big groups go and we'd tailgate and go nuts.

I'm sure we'll end up at Wings & Rings or Dickmann's (sports bar near here) to watch it, but that's another good thing about living in Cinci- never have to worry about not being able to see the game!

For anyone in an area that doesn't have it, aren't there sports bars or restaurants nearby that will have it on? I'd love that more anyways if I were in enemy territory because I'd show up in my jersey and go nuts hoping that someone would pick a fight!
Reply/Quote
I don't care who is calling the game, at least I don't have to stream it this week. I usually don't have a problem when I do, but last week was horrible. Must have been a ton of people on the site.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 03:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I had my brother put the tickets up for sale because they went for $300 each ($200 profit) last game, so I'm just going to do that again because it's not like when we were in our twenties and had big groups go and we'd tailgate and go nuts.

I'm sure we'll end up at Wings & Rings or Dickmann's (sports bar near here) to watch it, but that's another good thing about living in Cinci- never have to worry about not being able to see the game!

For anyone in an area that doesn't have it, aren't there sports bars or restaurants nearby that will have it on? I'd love that more anyways if I were in enemy territory because I'd show up in my jersey and go nuts hoping that someone would pick a fight!

The few games a year I cant watch, I find that rendzone does a pretty good job of keeping things in real time.

Yes, you miss some of the nuanced and important non flashy plays (runs for 6/8 yards), maybe a few first down throws, etc. 

But damn near every 3rd down, play over 10 yards, turnover, and big play are in real time.  And then, every snap when teams are in the 30 are as well. 

It is not perfect, and I miss the full bengals broadcast, but I do have to give them credit. 
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 03:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I had my brother put the tickets up for sale because they went for $300 each ($200 profit) last game, so I'm just going to do that again because it's not like when we were in our twenties and had big groups go and we'd tailgate and go nuts.

I freaking hate watching ball games in bars so much I almost would rather not even watch it. There is always that guy, that one guy, who is the loudest drunk in the place who knows the least about football yelling about how crappy the players and coaches are.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 03:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I freaking hate watching ball games in bars so much I almost would rather not even watch it. There is always that guy, that one guy, who is the loudest drunk in the place who knows the least about football yelling about how crappy the players and coaches are.

lol

Surprisingly, I've never had that problem around here.

Fans here usually just root the team on and go nuts for every successful play (decent runs of 10 or more yards or pass plays, sacks, etc). 

Trying to watch the games with my old man when I was in college, now that SUCKED because he used to be so critical of everything in life, so sports were no exception. After every play, "now why in the hell would you call that play?" 

One day, I just rolled away from him and went to sit somewhere else lol.

Back in '09, it did suck at the actual games when the entire crowd would boo because Runkowski would run the ball on first and second down no matter what (we all disagreed but booing doesn't help the team in real time), but I've never experienced a problem in a bar.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 03:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: lol

Surprisingly, I've never had that problem around here.

Fans here usually just root the team on and go nuts for every successful play (decent runs of 10 or more yards or pass plays, sacks, etc). 

Trying to watch the games with my old man when I was in college, now that SUCKED because he used to be so critical of everything in life, so sports were no exception. After every play, "now why in the hell would you call that play?" 

One day, I just rolled away from him and went to sit somewhere else lol.

Back in '09, it did suck at the actual games when the entire crowd would boo because Runkowski would run the ball on first and second down no matter what (we all disagreed but booing doesn't help the team in real time), but I've never experienced a problem in a bar.

No one has routinely had that problem when watching games at a bar.  He is just being dramatic 
Reply/Quote
This is definitely the most entertaining "NFL TV Map" thread in recent memory.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 03:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't care who is calling the game, at least I don't have to stream it this week. I usually don't have a problem when I do, but last week was horrible. Must have been a ton of people on the site.

It's been rough all damn season finding a stream. I might have to finally bite the bullet and find my digital antenna (the thing sucks).
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 01:53 PM)pally Wrote: The game is on Fox this week.

Ohio, Western PA, Louisville, most of the deep south, and of course the Marcus Mariota fan club in Eugene Oregon get the game.

These guys are so far down in Fox's announcing pecking order they didn't even make their pre-season press release. Maybe I'll listen to Hoard and Lap

Mute is your friend. Or if you are like me and are easily annoyed, turn the volume all the way down so you don’t have the mute symbol on your screen.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Happy to see it on in the Ville this week.

Had to go to the bar and drink beer and eat brisket instead of drinking Sprite and smoking the chronic at home with the gang.

It was tough but somebody had to take one for the team.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 02:09 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: defending afc champs vs a good falcons team, and they send us the F team

Yep... And I'd rather be able to flip over to Cowboys vs Lions instead of the Clowns and Pats. I guess everybody in Cincinnati will get the Jets and Broncos. The Broncos hurt my eyes... Also; is that Jets win a lil bigger now than it was back then?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Green Bay vs Washington.... Oh yeah!! I guess I will listen to Hoard and Lap again this week. Which I like, except last week, Hoard forgot Dalton didn't play for us anymore and would call Burrow, Dalton every now and then! Lol Or maybe I will just golfing....
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 10:33 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Green Bay vs Washington.... Oh yeah!!    I guess I will listen to Hoard and Lap again this week. Which I like, except last week, Hoard forgot Dalton didn't play for us anymore and would call Burrow, Dalton every now and then! Lol   Or maybe I will just golfing....

Kept calling him the 'red rifle,' too.  Nicknames are for the Bengals only, Dan.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 07:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Mute is your friend. Or if you are like me and are easily annoyed, turn the volume all the way down so you don’t have the mute symbol on your screen.

Yup, I always muted when Dan Fouts was announcing. Even non Bengal games.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 07:58 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Happy to see it on in the Ville this week.

Had to go to the bar and drink beer and eat brisket instead of drinking Sprite and smoking the chronic at home with the gang.

It was tough but somebody had to take one for the team.

Where'd you go? About the only place in Louisville I've found where they don't have the sound on for the Ravens or Stealers is Wicks on Bardstown. They have the best touchdown chant as well. 
Reply/Quote
Someone must think everybody in the Great Lakes and Midwest loves Green Bay because we're stuck watching it here in extreme southern IL. And it's too difficult to stream games anymore, so moving back to the area or forking over $$$$ for a subscription service might be the only way I can watch the Bengals live going forward, unless they play on Prime or NBC Sunday night.
Reply/Quote