Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Trade Deadline
Tongue 
November 1st is creeping up, any suggestions for a trade target?

Another DT for a low pick would be logical.  Not sure there are enough teams out of it, and not many with solid backup OL.  On paper Cam Erving makes sense as insurance but his deal is actually almost fully guaranteed.  Are there any moves that make sense, keeping in mind Cincy's history of few deadline deals.
Reply/Quote
Possibly the Giants are shopping Kadarius Toney.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Why trade when guys like Malcom Brown and Ndamukong Suh are just sitting around waiting for the phone to ring?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 06:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why trade when guys like Malcom Brown and Ndamukong Suh are just sitting around waiting for the phone to ring?

Wasn't Brown just playing a few days ago (Rams) ? 
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 10:43 AM)Dr.Z Wrote: Wasn't Brown just playing a few days ago (Rams) ? 

Possibly, the list of available free agents that I referenced was from last week.

Edit: You're thinking of Malcom Brown the RB, I'm talking about Malcom Brown the DT

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 11:37 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Possibly, the list of available free agents that I referenced was from last week.

Edit: You're thinking of Malcom Brown the RB, I'm talking about Malcom Brown the DT

Ahh , gotcha
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 06:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why trade when guys like Malcom Brown and Ndamukong Suh are just sitting around waiting for the phone to ring?

Yep!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I say we trade a 7th RD pick for Aaron Donald! Who's with Me!!!

In all seriousness a couple of guys I would look at.
Isiah Wynn G Patriots
JJ Watt DE Cardinals
Josh Reynolds WR lions

Also I wouldn't be shocked if the Bengals traded Bates to someone.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Elijah Moore is requesting a trade.

Year 2 of a 4 year rookie deal.

I would be asking what it would take. Sure, we may not need another very good WR now (But it wont hurt)

But next year, hed had 2 more years left on the cheap, and they could look to move boyd (Price tag and getting older) and supplant him with Moore
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 08:55 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Elijah Moore is requesting a trade.

Year 2 of a 4 year rookie deal.

I would be asking what it would take.  Sure, we may not need another very good WR now (But it wont hurt)

But next year, hed had 2 more years left on the cheap, and they could look to move boyd (Price tag and getting older) and supplant him with Moore

Not a bad idea seeking another WR. Maybe offer Bates for him if that helps with any salary cap ramifications.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 09:14 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Not a bad idea seeking another WR. Maybe offer Bates for him if that helps with any salary cap ramifications.

Love this idea if it doesn't hurt the Cap. Elijah Moore has speed, is young and could fill in for Tee or one of the other 2 if
they get banged up. Tee is already banged up and it would be nice to have another WR that scares Defenses as we do not
currently have one after our top 3.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 07:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love this idea if it doesn't hurt the Cap. Elijah Moore has speed, is young and could fill in for Tee or one of the other 2 if
they get banged up. Tee is already banged up and it would be nice to have another WR that scares Defenses as we do not

Since the Bengals are not even dressing Jackson Carman on gameday, would Carman for Moore and/or Denzel Mims be feasible at the deadline?  Right now, Thomas and Morgan are not all that special to me.  I know that Simmons values them on Special Teams but it seems to me you should have players who can replace them on ST.  I would rather have Moore as a 4th WR than Thomas or Morgan on ST.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 07:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love this idea if it doesn't hurt the Cap. Elijah Moore has speed, is young and could fill in for Tee or one of the other 2 if

I wanted to keep Bates and wouldn't be mad if we sign him to a long-term deal after this season that makes sense for the team, but trading him for a receiver, lineman (although our line hasn't been horrible), or draft picks would make sense if we can improve the team (or the team's future) if we're going to lose him anyways.
Reply/Quote
Bengals have only made two mid-season trades since Brown became the team’s general manager in 1991

Not holding my breath on anything being done.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2022, 07:04 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: Since the Bengals are not even dressing Jackson Carman on gameday, would Carman for Moore and/or Denzel Mims be feasible at the deadline?  Right now, Thomas and Morgan are not all that special to me.  I know that Simmons values them on Special Teams but it seems to me you should have players who can replace them on ST.  I would rather have Moore as a 4th WR than Thomas or Morgan on ST.

Would all be good with me, cause I agree with you. Thomas and Morgan are good on ST's but they offer next to nothing 
as Receivers if one of our top 3 go down.

(10-26-2022, 09:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I wanted to keep Bates and wouldn't be mad if we sign him to a long-term deal after this season that makes sense for the team, but trading him for a receiver, lineman (although our line hasn't been horrible), or draft picks would make sense if we can improve the team (or the team's future) if we're going to lose him anyways.

I just don't see Bates signing a long term deal here so if we are going to lose him anyways, get something for him IMHO.

(10-27-2022, 12:20 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Bengals have only made two mid-season trades since Brown became the team’s general manager in 1991

Not holding my breath on anything being done.

Yeah, me neither, not expecting a trade.
Reply/Quote
WR Kadarius Toney to the Chiefs
DE Robert Quinn to the Eagles
RB James Robinson to the Jets
WR Robbie Anderson to the Cardinals
RB Christian McCaffrey to the 49ers

Not holding my breath for the Bengals, but it sure wouldn't be terrible to go out and get some extra help. WR, OL, or TE depth, a rotational DL rusher, maybe a decent CB. Heck, maybe go see if you can get a great kick returner.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Send a Late pick to the Steelers get Larry O back

Denver has some young WRs not sure we could afford De chubb but man that DL if we could
Reply/Quote
Trade for Jerry Jeudy after the Chase news.
Reply/Quote