Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Trades The Ringer Would Like to See -- Would You?
The Ringer just published its version of the many "NFL Trades We'd Like to See Before the Deadline" column.  https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/10/24/20929646/the-nfl-trades-wed-like-to-see-before-tuesdays-deadline

This one lists three theoretical Bengals trades:

a. AJ Green to Washington for Trent Williams
b. Geno Atkins to Oakland for 3rd rounder
c. Andy Dalton to Chicago for 2020 2nd rounder and 2021 1st rounder

Would you like to see any of those trades?

I'm sad to admit it, but at this point in the season I'd jump at a and c.  I love AJ, but he's not getting us to the playoffs this year, will be looking for a big contract next year, and is a huge injury risk.  Williams is under contract next year and would provide us immediate help at a position of need.  Trading Dalton would let us evaluate Finley, and if he sucks, to draft a QB early next year (which we'll probably do anyway).  Main issue is I don't see either trade happening, as player/player trades are rare in the NFL and I don't think the slight Trubisky-to-Dalton upgrade is worth a 1 and 2.

Forgot to add: I wouldn't do the Geno trade, as I would need more than a 3rd for him (although I could be overvaluing him).
Reply/Quote
Williams is a head case and Geno is worth more than a 3rd.

But I'd really be tempted to take the deal for Dalton.
Reply/Quote
If we could unload Dalton for a 1st and a 2nd that would make the Palmer to Oakland trade look like a 7th round conditional pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 01:38 PM)shanebo Wrote: The Ringer just published its version of the many "NFL Trades We'd Like to See Before the Deadline" column.  https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/10/24/20929646/the-nfl-trades-wed-like-to-see-before-tuesdays-deadline

This one lists three theoretical Bengals trades:

a. AJ Green to Washington for Trent Williams
b. Geno Atkins to Oakland for 3rd rounder
c. Andy Dalton to Chicago for 2020 2nd rounder and 2021 1st rounder

Would you like to see any of those trades?

I'm sad to admit it, but at this point in the season I'd jump at a and c.  I love AJ, but he's not getting us to the playoffs this year, will be looking for a big contract next year, and is a huge injury risk.  Williams is under contract next year and would provide us immediate help at a position of need.  Trading Dalton would let us evaluate Finley, and if he sucks, to draft a QB early next year (which we'll probably do anyway).  Main issue is I don't see either trade happening, as player/player trades are rare in the NFL and I don't think the slight Trubisky-to-Dalton upgrade is worth a 1 and 2.

Forgot to add:  I wouldn't do the Geno trade, as I would need more than a 3rd for him (although I could be overvaluing him).

Maybe he was screwing up his typing, Dalton for a 3rd and Geno is supposed to be the 1st and 2nd? 

In all honesty though, if I was in charge of this dumpster fire, Dalton, Green, Geno and Dunlap would all be dealt. Not that I dislike them, (Well, 3 of them....damn it Andy) but all of them are not going to be in their prime when this team is finally turned around, plus they deserve a chance to actually experience winning a playoff game...

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I would take C in a heart beat the other 2 no.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I wouldn’t do A because I’d want youth in return for AJ or at least not a recently injured guy that’s close to free agency. It’s a no on 2 because Geno will be better than a number 3 for a few more years. Yes all day on number 3, turn the page now for that kind of value.
Reply/Quote
Geno for a 2nd and you've got a deal.

C? We're kidding, right?

A I would not do.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Williams definitely has issues, and he'll want a new contract. But OTs generally have a longer playing career than WRs, and if the skins really did withhold medical info from him then he has a reason to be pissed. Worst case, we'd be the first team with two holdout OTs.

LOL @ Andy/Geno switch. He gave no reason why Andy would be worth a 1 and 2, or why Geno worth only a 3. I just don't see Chicago giving up that much for Andy, they're already 3 games back of Green Bay (or any other team, for that matter ...)
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 01:48 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Geno for a 2nd and you've got a deal.

C? We're kidding, right?

A I would not do.

The Eagles got a 1st round pick from the Vikings for Sam Bradford when it was clear they were moving ahead with Wentz so never say never, but I'd think a 2nd or maybe a single 1st for Dalton would be the max value.  Mike Brown would want more, though.
Reply/Quote
If someone offered us a 2nd and a 1st for Dalton, I would accept the deal before I had the opportunity to laugh myself to death that someone would actually value him that much.
Reply/Quote
C,,,,,,,,,,,,, B, A

IF Geno was for a first tho, then be a lot closer to C, but based on above there is a pretty big gap between the two imo, as shown by the commas.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 01:55 PM)Millhouse Wrote: C,,,,,,,,,,,,, B, A

IF Geno was for a first tho, then be a lot closer to C, but based on above there is a pretty big gap between the two imo, as shown by the commas.

I don't think you understand how commas work.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 01:54 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If someone offered us a 2nd and a 1st for Dalton, I would accept the deal before I had the opportunity to laugh myself to death that someone would actually value him that much.

A 2nd for McCarron wasn't good enough, so I wouldn't put it past Mike Brown to consider a 1st and 2nd for Dalton to not be worth his attention.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 01:45 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Maybe he was screwing up his typing, Dalton for a 3rd and Geno is supposed to be the 1st and 2nd? 

In all honesty though, if I was in charge of this dumpster fire, Dalton, Green, Geno and Dunlap would all be dealt. Not that I dislike them, (Well, 3 of them....damn it Andy) but all of them are not going to be in their prime when this team is finally turned around, plus they deserve a chance to actually experience winning a playoff game...

Yep

I highly doubt you're gonna get a 1st out of Geno given his age and production the last couple seasons unless you find a team that's winning now and desperate. 

If I could get that deal for Dalton I'd do that without even blinking. I wouldn't trade anybody for other players though just picks.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 01:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Eagles got a 1st round pick from the Vikings for Sam Bradford when it was clear they were moving ahead with Wentz so never say never, but I'd think a 2nd or maybe a single 1st for Dalton would be the max value.  Mike Brown would want more, though.

I very, very seriously doubt MB trades anybody. He just doesn't roll that way at all. 

Two 1st rounds picks and Aaron Rodgers for Dalton and he'd have to think about it. Probably ask about getting a hundred dollar gift card to Wendy's and a free oil change thrown in.
Reply/Quote
YES on all 3. Then flip Williams for picks as his value is higher than AJ's.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 02:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I very, very seriously doubt MB trades anybody. He just doesn't roll that way at all. 

Two 1st rounds picks and Aaron Rodgers for Dalton and he'd have to think about it. Probably ask about getting a hundred dollar gift card to Wendy's and a free oil change thrown in.

I just figure he doesn't do it for the reason he doesn't hire a GM or build the indoor practice facility route...he doesn't HAVE to.  Other GMs will lose their jobs if they make bad trades or turn down good trades or don't win enough games...we don't have someone with that sort of pressure so we don't do stuff.  That's also why Mike Brown can afford to be so unreasonable a trade partner.  
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 02:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I just figure he doesn't do it for the reason he doesn't hire a GM or build the indoor practice facility route...he doesn't HAVE to.  Other GMs will lose their jobs if they make bad trades or turn down good trades or don't win enough games...we don't have someone with that sort of pressure so we don't do stuff.  That's also why Mike Brown can afford to be so unreasonable a trade partner.  

Right 

Plus he has that weird affection with comp picks that nobody else in the NFL world gives a damn about. 

Think of the headlines " Mike wins Super Bowl with a team full of comp picks" 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 02:19 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: YES on all 3. Then flip Williams for picks as his value is higher than AJ's.

Sounds like a plan...... Rock On

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Yeah let's trade AJ Green for another Cordy Glenn.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote