Poll: Which blowout win was your favorite?
This poll is closed.
41-17 @ Lions to clinch first playoff spot in 14 years (2005)
12.50%
5 12.50%
49-9 vs Jets (2013)
40.00%
16 40.00%
45-10 vs Bears (2009)
27.50%
11 27.50%
37-8 vs Vikings (2005)
5.00%
2 5.00%
42-14 vs Vikings (2013)
0%
0 0%
33-13 @ Raiders (2015)
0%
0 0%
34-10 vs Raiders in Palmer's return (2012)
7.50%
3 7.50%
32-14 vs Eagles without Green or Eifert (2016)
2.50%
1 2.50%
35-6 vs Titans with 30 first downs (2007)
0%
0 0%
33-7 vs Titans (2014)
0%
0 0%
28-6 @ Chiefs (2012)
0%
0 0%
26-3 vs Cowboys (2004)
0%
0 0%
31-7 vs Rams (2015)
2.50%
1 2.50%
One of the 5 Browns blowouts (please specify)
0%
0 0%
I don't like blowout wins. Get off my lawn!
2.50%
1 2.50%
Total 40 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Blowout of the Marvin Era?
Had to go with the Bears blowout. Why? I made a video out of it.  Cool

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It wasn't just the score, but that Jets blowout was complete domination on both sides of the ball. And they weren't a turd team that everyone was rolling. That was Marvin Jones's coming out party and it was an awesome scheme. Made it look so easy.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 07:39 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Too many to choose from. I'm going to take the Eagles blow out. I was there...and it was incredible.

I was there as well. I had sideline passes to the game. I was a tad upset because the Eagles weren't playing their regulars, but I understood why.
Reply/Quote
Jets game.

It was nice getting texts from my Jet-fan friends that went from "Jets going to spank you today" to "Please, God, make them stop".
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 02:15 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was talking about the Marv era, but yeah. The game you mention goes back further than my fandom, but I do remember Jeff Blake leading us to a couple blowouts over the Steelers. He usually brought his "A" game against them, despite them being an elite defense.

ThumbsUp

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 07:57 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Had to go with the Bears blowout. Why? I made a video out of it.  Cool

The thing I remember about that day wasn't so much the game, which was fun (Benson getting revenge on his old team), but more the Bears fans themselves.  It was a 4:15 game, so when they let us into PBS, the 1:00 games were in progress.  One of the early games that day was the Packers at the Steelers. 

Now, the thing to know about Bears fans is that most of them look and sound just like these guys:

[Image: YXgZN_f-thumbnail-100-0.jpg]

They're loud-mouthed blowhards who say things like "I want some onions and sassages. "  Seriously.  I've seen them many at time up in Detroit, and those skits were no exaggeration. 

Anyway, they had all congregated on the concourse and were being loud, obnoxious Steeler fans, yelling and joking every time the Packers screwed up or the Steelers did well.  It was nauseating, especially when the final gun sounded and they were all high-fiving each other over the Steeler win.

So, that made the beatdown later that day all the sweeter  ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I couldn't decide between the one versus the Steelers and the one versus the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
Beating the snot out of that cocky foot-lovin' assbag Ryan has to be at the top.

Marvin Jones was putting on a clinic against rookie Dee Milliner.

Then there's this nugget...

[Image: th?id=OIP.QVdEHOhTZP9ZNU9Ps_vemAEsCo&pid...=299&h=169]

"I would say that absolutely surprised me," coach Rex Ryan said of his defense's collapse. "We got beat in every coverage known to man. Five touchdown passes? I don't know how many times that's happened in my lifetime. Not very often."
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 04:15 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: The thing I remember about that day wasn't so much the game, which was fun (Benson getting revenge on his old team), but more the Bears fans themselves.  It was a 4:15 game, so when they let us into PBS, the 1:00 games were in progress.  One of the early games that day was the Packers at the Steelers. 

Now, the thing to know about Bears fans is that most of them look and sound just like these guys:

[Image: YXgZN_f-thumbnail-100-0.jpg]

They're loud-mouthed blowhards who say things like "I want some onions and sassages. "  Seriously.  I've seen them many at time up in Detroit, and those skits were no exaggeration. 

Anyway, they had all congregated on the concourse and were being loud, obnoxious Steeler fans, yelling and joking every time the Packers screwed up or the Steelers did well.  It was nauseating, especially when the final gun sounded and they were all high-fiving each other over the Steeler win.

So, that made the beatdown later that day all the sweeter  ThumbsUp

LOL. My next door neighbor and friend is a Bears fan. He's pretty confident.

Reply/Quote
Went with the Jets game, because I was there.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 11:36 AM)Wyche Wrote: Went with the Jets game, because I was there.

Lucky bum. I can't imagine what the atmosphere was like that day. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 05:01 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I really enjoyed the Manziel beatdown. I remember watching it with a few friends and thinking to myself "Wow, there really is a team/player hated more than the Bengals"

Good times snubbing that franchise of any hope.

Yeah, that has to be up there for the most fun I've ever had watching a game on TV.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 11:38 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lucky bum. I can't imagine what the atmosphere was like that day. 

It was killer, but the atmosphere at the Seahawks overtime thriller was the second best I've ever been a part of.  The best was the '88 'skins OT thriller at Riverfront.  The stadium was literally moving.

Reply/Quote
Man, it's such a tough call. The Jets game was probably the sweetest game to watch on TV. It just seemed like everything went right for us that day. The Bears game was so satisfying because a lot of their fans thought they'd roll over us. The Lions game was just so damn good simply because we won the division.

However, the 2014 game against the Browns in Manziel's debut was so damn satisfying. The media was going crazy and figured he'd be some kind of gem. To watch everything happen that day, it was just pure bliss.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I chose the Bears game (Although the 2005 Vikings game was a close 2nd.) watching Cedric Benson tear his former team a new one was a fun game to say the least.

What was even better was someone on the old forum posted this You Tube video of a junior analyst Bears fan who trashed the Bengals relentlessly and said we'd get thrashed. The guy was a total blow hard.
Reply/Quote
I know the two best, were the Jets in '13 and the Bears in '09. Manziel's first start would probably be third.

But I voted the Rams game, because I was in attendance and it was a PHENOMENAL game; my fiancée and I had a great time and aside from the long Tavon Austin Reverse, I don't believe the Rams had a play longer than 20 yards all game.

EDIT*: Just looked, they had a 25 yard pass to Jared Cook and that was it; nothing else above 20 yards.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 07:57 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Had to go with the Bears blowout. Why? I made a video out of it.  Cool

What a nice play-design @1:45!
Reply/Quote