Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL announcing London games today
(11-25-2015, 02:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If he paid for the license in order to have the right to attend 8 regular season home games then he is being ripped off.

He gets less than what he paid for.

He didn't.  He paid for the right to purchase the team's season ticket package.  In 2016, that package is 9 games (2 preseason, 7 regular season).

If we go by yours and his logic, the Bengals have the right to increase license costs if and when the NFL expands the regular season to 18 games.  Somehow I don't think that would be well received by the STH masses.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 10:20 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: He didn't.  He paid for the right to purchase the team's season ticket package.  In 2016, that package is 9 games (2 preseason, 7 regular season).

If we go by yours and his logic, the Bengals have the right to increase license costs if and when the NFL expands the regular season to 18 games.  Somehow I don't think that would be well received by the STH masses.

It will be a non issue for me very soon when I drop/sell my seat license and my season tickets.

As I stated, it is no big deal to the team, they could care less about fans and prove it all the time.

I enjoyed helping us have a home field advantage, but it is obvious you and others don't feel losing a home game and advantage is a big deal. I do hope you are correct going to London is a good thing and win in London and make the playoffs in 2016.

I will just pass buying season tickets the rest of my days.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Well good for you then you can sell high.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2015, 11:49 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It will be a non issue for me very soon when I drop/sell my seat license and my season tickets.

As I stated, it is no big deal to the team, they could care less about fans and prove it all the time.

I enjoyed helping us have a home field advantage, but it is obvious you and others don't feel losing a home game and advantage is a big deal. I do hope you are correct going to London is a good thing and win in London and make the playoffs in 2016.

I will just pass buying season tickets the rest of my days.

It's not that we discount the loss of a home game. I think it's more a case of us STHs feeling that there's not much we can do about it. What I can't understand is your overreaction. It's one game, man, both you and the team will survive. Spend the money you would have spent on tickets on extra beer. Personally, if we're losing a game at some point anyway, then I'm fine with it being the who-gives-a-**** Washingtonm team we miss out on seeing.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
It makes no sense to take a home game from either team, schedule them both as away games......that keeps everyone happy.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2015, 05:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It makes no sense to take a home game from either team, schedule them both as away games......that keeps everyone happy.

Sorry, that won't work.  If you want all 32 teams to have 8 games in their home stadiums (32 x 8 = 256), and 3 games are played in London, how do you get 256 actual home games out of the remaining 253 games?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote