Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL being a butt hole just to spite Bengals???
Although I never agreed with the NFL's old rule about not having more than one helmet at least they claimed it was for safety reasons.

Now they are allowing teams to have more than one helmet, but they can only wear one of the helmets 3 times. WTF is up with that. Once they allowed a second helmet there is no real reason to only allow it to be worn 3 times a year. Every team has different colored pants and jerseys for road games and home games. So why can't they have different colored helmets? It just does not make any sense.

Then I realized that it was because they are jealous of our new white helmets. We already had the most unique cool helmets and now we are doubling down with the white. They should be an option for any time we wear the white jersey.
Reply/Quote
The helmet counts as an Alternate jersey.

Once they make the Orange and Black jerseys their Home/Away we can get the White on White for 3 games.

Or the NFL could just scrap their stupid uniform rules that make zero sense.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 07:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Although I never agreed with the NFL's old rule about not having more than one helmet at least they claimed it was for safety reasons.

Now they are allowing teams to have more than one helmet, but they can only wear one of the helmets 3 times.  WTF is up with that.  Once they allowed a second helmet there is no real reason to only allow it to be worn 3 times a year.  Every team has different colored pants and jerseys for road games and home games.  So why can't they have different colored helmets?  It just does not make any sense.

Then I realized that it was because they are jealous of our new white helmets.  We already had the most unique cool helmets and now we are doubling down with the white.  They should be an option for any time we wear the white jersey.

This has been a rule long before the Bengals ever had a white helmet.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 07:55 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: This has been a rule long before the Bengals ever had a white helmet.

Doesn’t mean it’s not a stupid rule that makes absolutely no sense.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The NFL goes overboard with these rules sometimes.It’s totally ignorant.They need to get their egos in check.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 08:45 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: The NFL goes overboard with these rules sometimes.It’s totally ignorant.They need to get their egos in check.

Yeah... I don't think that's going to happen.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 07:55 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: This has been a rule long before the Bengals ever had a white helmet.

I though allowing a second helmet was new.
Reply/Quote
Fred, just as soon as i become stinking filthy rotten rich and buy the NFL outright I'll appoint you as chief of uniform etiquette. You're in luck too because I'm most of the way there. I stink, I'm filthy and I'm rotten.. Keep holding your breath!  Sick  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Guessing maybe its because the NFL markets itself while using team helmets and does not want to water it down.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 10:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I though allowing a second helmet was new.

Didn't the "throwback" unis have coordinating time appropriate helmet designs?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I stopped trying to understand the uniform thing when they released the white helmet. It's totally confusing to me.

The Bengals have so many different uniform colors/combos its hard to keep them all straight.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 09:33 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Guessing maybe its because the NFL markets itself while using team helmets and does not want to water it down.

That's my thoughts as well. If you look at any NFL banner or advertisement, you see the regular helmets for each team. They want to keep those images pure. It wouldn't make much sense for us to have the orange and black helmet as a logo if they were wearing the alternate most of the time.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 10:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That's my thoughts as well. If you look at any NFL banner or advertisement, you see the regular helmets for each team. They want to keep those images pure. It wouldn't make much sense for us to have the orange and black helmet as a logo if they were wearing the alternate most of the time.

Agree, the helmet is pretty much the teams logo and you rarely see those changed by successful companies. 

Believe only wearing 3 times a year will make it a more special event as well.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 10:45 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree, the helmet is pretty much the teams logo and you rarely see those changed by successful companies. 

Believe only wearing 3 times a year will make it a more special event as well.

Correct, they do not want to dilute the brands. The last thing they want to do is have the NFL end up like College where some teams roll out different helmets almost every game. Jersey's they like as that is a high revenue source for them when they roll new ones out but there isn't quite the demand for helmets so they don't get the monetary gain to offset any sort of brand dilution.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 10:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That's my thoughts as well. If you look at any NFL banner or advertisement, you see the regular helmets for each team. 

Actually I see the team logos used a lot more than the helmets.

Here is the NFL's own website

NFL Football Teams - Official Sites of all 32 NFL Teams | NFL.com

ESPN

NFL Teams | ESPN

CBSSports

NFL Teams - Schedules, Rosters, Stats - CBSSports.com
Reply/Quote
I agree it's kind of ridiculous to be so restrictive on the alternate uniform/helmet.

To me, just make it so that the alternate uniform has to be used for less than 50% of the games.
That would allow up to 8 games in the regular season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 10:06 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I stopped trying to understand the uniform thing when they released the white helmet. It's totally confusing to me.

The Bengals have so many different uniform colors/combos its hard to keep them all straight.

Good thing you are not a Oregon Ducks football fan. Your head would explode!
Reply/Quote
Doubt it is any kind of conspiracy against the Bengals and doubt the NFL does this just to be dicks either.

They're an exclusive club and a super successful business. There is a reason behind this move other than a conspiracy to deprive the world from seeing the Bengals new glorious white helmets.

The white helmets are cool, but bottomline is that I only really only care how they play and not how they look.

Heck I still believe in and love Joe Burrow despite his dorky attire at times. Sometimes cool is overrated.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote