Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com - Bengals 14th in "triplet" rankings
Just saw an article similar to the "arsenals" article that ESPN wrote, but this is focused solely on the QB, RB1, and WR1 of each team.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000823246/triplets-rankings-steelers-cowboys-rule

Quote:14) Cincinnati Bengals: Andy Dalton (No. 20 QB), Joe Mixon (18) & A.J. Green (4)

Previous rank: No. 20

Dalton is an NFL-caliber starting QB. That's it. He can succeed when there's a lot of talent around him, but he can't elevate an otherwise mediocre offense. As usual, he'll have one of the five best WRs in the world on his side, while some real upgrades have been made to the supporting cast. But the shoddiness of the O-line and being two years removed from Hue Jackson's tutelage aren't good harbingers for 2017. Mixon is an overwhelming talent with a troubling personal history.

Also, worth mentioning Ben/Bell/Brown rank #1.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 05:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Just saw an article similar to the "arsenals" article that ESPN wrote, but this is focused solely on the QB, RB1, and WR1 of each team.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000823246/triplets-rankings-steelers-cowboys-rule

Another putz taking an undeserved shot at Andy Dalton.  Mixon too, of course.  Do guys just copy and paste this stuff from other guys following the current narrative.  Rankings like this are based on last year, for the most part, and as such, should be taken with a grain of salt, with each year being so different from each previous year.

Andy's gonna wipe their faces in it this year.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 05:26 PM)McC Wrote: Another putz taking an undeserved shot at Andy Dalton.  Mixon too, of course.  Do guys just copy and paste this stuff from other guys following the current narrative.  Rankings like this are based on last year, for the most part, and as such, should be taken with a grain of salt, with each year being so different from each previous year.

In due time, we shall see. The criticism and doubt I've seen this offseason is somewhat warranted but mostly ignorant. Although I'm not overly confident in the team this year, anything is possible. For the first time in a long time this is a contract year for Marvin, we'll see how he performs with his back against the wall (I didn't like what I saw in 2010 so here's hoping he rises to the occasion this time...)

We seem to perform better when the entire sports media writes us off before we even play the first preseason game anyway.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 05:26 PM)McC Wrote: Another putz taking an undeserved shot at Andy Dalton.  Mixon too, of course.  Do guys just copy and paste this stuff from other guys following the current narrative.  Rankings like this are based on last year, for the most part, and as such, should be taken with a grain of salt, with each year being so different from each previous year.

I really don't understand all the media dislike of Andy.  He really is a heck of a QB, well worthy of the title "franchise QB".  In his first few seasons, there was a bit of doubt.  However, we have seen him put the team on his back, and win games.  Sure, some will point to the playoff losses and claim he's weak in pressure games.  However, as I recall, the supporting cast let him down, on more than one of those games.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Makes no sense how Mixon is even ranked, or any rookie for that matter. So these rankings are irrelevant.

That said, I probably do agree that the Steelers have the best triplets. But I dont have Bell as the #1 back though due to his injuries and suspensions.

And if Mixon ends up being a top 5-10 back, and the o-line is halfway decent, our triplet will be up quite a bit higher this time next year, for the next irrelevant ranking that is.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I hope Mixon is given the shot from game 1. Let that MF prove who he is and make David Johnson look like Hill!

Reply/Quote
I would not rank Taylor, Carson, or Tannehill above Andy (but I'm a homer) and it's impossible to rank Rookies. WTS, they still rank us top half in the league.....I'll take it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I think he knocked Dalton down a bit because of the o-line, which is fair and yet unfair at the same time. Given the fact that we won 6 games last year and had clear o-line issues that we seem to have made worse (well, I can see how it might look that way at least), and are heavily relying upon a rookie RB to revitalize our running game (despite a lousy o-line), and have some easily criticized issues that came with said rookie RB, 14th seems fair.

And yea, the shots on Mixon are just lazy but he's brand new and I can't say I haven't been pointing out that Pig Ben is a pseudo-rapist for the better part of a decade. It'll pass, right?
Reply/Quote
Guys this list is made by Dave Dameshek. He is a steeler homer and takes any opportunity to take the bengals down no matter how ridiculous he looks.

He knows the bengals are one of the real contenders to his Steelers this year. Even his co hosts on the DDFP podcast know it's a bit to take down the bengals at every turn.

And he regularly admits he is a steeler homer on his podcast.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 09:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Guys this list is made by Dave Dameshek.  He is a steeler homer and takes any opportunity to take the bengals down no matter how ridiculous he looks.

He knows the bengals are one of the real contenders to his Steelers this year.    Even his co hosts on the DDFP podcast know it's a bit to take down the bengals at every turn.

homers gonna homer
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 05:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Just saw an article similar to the "arsenals" article that ESPN wrote, but this is focused solely on the QB, RB1, and WR1 of each team.

Sham Newton is ahead of Dalton, Christian McCaffery is rated that high as a rookie, and Greg Olson is their top receiving option and they are in the Top 5?

List destroyed.  What a bunch of crap.  

Dalton, Mixon, AJ Green....Top 5 (if we are going by potential, which they did here with McCaffery)

It's really ok.  I actually prefer seeing them rank Dalton #20 (Absolute stupidity) because they will have a nice big shitburger to dine on after the season.  
Reply/Quote
Oh, and is that Amari Cooper the same one that averaged less than 4 receptions a game the final 7 games last year? Just checking. My God has the media fallen in love with the Raiders.
Reply/Quote
Again, I just threw up in my mouth...

Dalton can't "elevate" a team without outstanding weapons around him, but does ok because he has a Top 5 WR in AJ Green. (Nevermind the 4200 yards with only 7 INTs with no receiving threats, no running game, and no offensive line) Yet, Matthew Stafford (who had Megatron for a long time) "deserves more credit" and is ranked #10 to Dalton's #20?

This feminine hygiene product needs a swift kick in the balls....if he had them.
Reply/Quote

From Wikipedia:

Dameshek grew up on the banks of the three rivers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where he became an avid Pittsburgh Steelers, Pirates, and Penguins fan. In high school and during his youth, he was a decorated swimmer – a skill that he attributes to webbing that developed on his feet as part of a birth defect. He received numerous offers from universities to swim collegiately, but decided to forgo his swimming career to pursue broadcasting and robotics full-time.[1]
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 11:56 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: From Wikipedia:

Dameshek grew up on the banks of the three rivers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where he became an avid Pittsburgh Steelers, Pirates, and Penguins fan. In high school and during his youth, he was a decorated swimmer – a skill that he attributes to webbing that developed on his feet as part of a birth defect. He received numerous offers from universities to swim collegiately, but decided to forgo his swimming career to pursue broadcasting and robotics full-time.[1]

If it looks like a duck...
Reply/Quote
Perhaps teams, players or both should do a daily ranking of the pundits and see where they fall. I suspect the most widely read pundits would rank pretty darn low.
You know..what's good for the goose/gander thing..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 09:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Guys this list is made by Dave Dameshek.  He is a steeler homer and takes any opportunity to take the bengals down no matter how ridiculous he looks.

He knows the bengals are one of the real contenders to his Steelers this year.    Even his co hosts on the DDFP podcast know it's a bit to take down the bengals at every turn.

I see, so he has a d*** the size of a grain of rice. Gotcha.

Why is someone so openly biased even permitted to make predictions like this? Poor journalism and laughable prediction criteria as well.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 01:20 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I see, so he has a d*** the size of a grain of rice. Gotcha.

Why is someone so openly biased even permitted to make predictions like this? Poor journalism and laughable prediction criteria as well.

Hope for his wife it's not minute rice. Small, fast and a steeler fan is no way to go through life son

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote