Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com Bengals vs. Ravens preview
Week 3 Preview: Bengals vs. Ravens
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-previews/0ap3000000536878/Week-3-Preview-Bengals-vs-Ravens
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the link.

I agree with them, the Ravens may be missing some people, but they are a good team that has lost 2 close games.  Still, I'm an eternal pessimist, but I am picking the Bengals to win this one if they play as good as they have been playing.

I wouldn't be taking the purple birds for granted though.   Flacco put up almost 400 yards passing last week and Steve Smith is still a stud.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My eternal pessimist side says no way the Rat Turds (or Harbaugh especially) go 0-3 at home.

Rat Trash 27
Good guys 24

(09-24-2015, 02:34 PM)3wt Wrote: Thanks for the link.

I agree with them, the Ravens may be missing some people, but they are a good team that has lost 2 close games.  Still, I'm an eternal pessimist, but I am picking the Bengals to win this one if they play as good as they have been playing.

I wouldn't be taking the purple birds for granted though.   Flacco put up almost 400 yards passing last week and Steve Smith is still a stud.
Reply/Quote
The only guy on that show that ever gives the Bengals any credit is Dan Hanzus (2nd from the left)

The guy on the far left (Rosenthal) at least ate some crow and said Andy has played well.

The bald guy on the right, I don't know his name, Wessling I think, is the biggest Bengal hater around. He hates Andy Dalton in any way, shape or form. He is the one who thinks McCarron will be starting for the bengals by the end of the year, yet thinks Dalton will have a career year. The guy is a moron.

While I hate them all (except Dan Hanzus a little), their analysis is pretty spot on. The Ravens are gonna come out giving everything they got, and in the past the Bengals don't match up in games like that. This next game will tell us A LOT about this years Bengal team.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 04:14 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The only guy on that show that ever gives the Bengals any credit is Dan Hanzus (2nd from the left)

The guy on the far left (Rosenthal) at least ate some crow and said Andy has played well.

The bald guy on the right, I don't know his name, Wessling I think, is the biggest Bengal hater around. He hates Andy Dalton in any way, shape or form. He is the one who thinks McCarron will be starting for the bengals by the end of the year, yet thinks Dalton will have a career year. The guy is a moron.

While I hate them all (except Dan Hanzus a little), their analysis is pretty spot on. The Ravens are gonna come out giving everything they got, and in the past the Bengals don't match up in games like that. This next game will tell us A LOT about this years Bengal team.

Agree about the Bengals not coming out prepared in games like this in the past, especially on the road.  If they go into Baltimore, and basically end the Ravens' season, that tells the entire league that they are true contenders.  That they have matured and that the coaching staff has finally figured out how to get them "up" for big games.
Reply/Quote
You have to add in that we have won three straight against the Rats, and last year they had Suggs and Ngata. Also that Andy was effective in both Rat games last year and that our defense has had the upper hand on Joe Flacco for most of his career including last year.
Reply/Quote
I just want to say that Baltimore is not a done team if they lose this week. It's the third game of a sixteen game slate!
Reply/Quote
What time does the game start??

1:00 PM you say? We'll win.
Reply/Quote
From NFL.com and sadly I agree Sad

Ravens 28   Bengals 24
Baltimore doesn't fall to 0-3 in front of the home crowd. The Bengals have certainly been one of the best teams in pro football through two weeks, moving into the top five in the NFL.com Power Rankings this week, in fact. But on Sunday, they fall in a stadium where they've had their share of troubles over the years. Cincinnati is 2-5 versus Joe Flacco in Baltimore. Andy Dalton, who is off to a fast getoff thus far, played in four of those game, and he struggled mightily, posting eight turnovers. This has the potential to be the game of the week, with Baltimore's season on the line. Ravens win. #CINvsBAL
Reply/Quote
On SBNation: 7 "expert" picks for the Rats vs 1 for the Bengals

Ouch
Reply/Quote
This is the best time to pick the Ravens. If they lose they are practically done. And set up for pitt to deliver the knockout punch.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 07:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is the best time to pick the Ravens.  If they lose they are practically done.  And set up for pitt to deliver the knockout punch.

Yup. Nothing would make me happier this week than going in there and beating them. Except maybe Dalton hanging 300+ yards and 3 TDs on them with 0 INTs as well ThumbsUp
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I want it to happen, I just don't see it happening. Since 1990, only 2% of teams starting 0-3 have made the playoffs. No way the Ravens let that happen to them, especially not at home and especially not to a division foe. They're going to be so amped and that stadium wil be insane. I just don't see Marvin leading this team in and getting a win. Hope with every fiber of my being that I'm proven wrong.

On the flip-side, 54% of 2-1 teams qualified, so we'd still have that going for us.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
It will be the average Ravens team vs. Jeremy Hill. I take the latter. Bengals own Flacco. They're going down.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 06:56 PM)TGISunday Wrote: I just want to say that Baltimore is not a done team if they lose this week.  It's the third game of a sixteen game slate!

0-2 teams only have a 4% chance at making the playoffs since the league re-structured in 2002, and in league HISTORY, only 5 teams have made the playoffs after starting 0-3. 

If the Bengals beat the Ravens, they're all but finished for winning the division and will have a huge uphill climb to even make the playoffs.  Yes, it may just be week 3, but historical figures show how difficult it is to rebound from that.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 07:05 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: What time does the game start??

1:00 PM you say? We'll win.

Fo sho.  The Bengals are an elite 1:00 PM on Sunday team.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
What I took from this is that none of them (the bald guy is a lifetime Bengals fan, I think) are confident in saying the 0-2 Ravens are "done." Not much news here.
Reply/Quote
It is going to be a tough game. To me the key is gap discipline and once again tackling in space. Also watch for a WR screen fake by the ravens Leon has blown up the screen the last two weeks their bound to exploit that play.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I  really would love the Bengals to win this one. 

However, i see this as  the game where Ravens really turn it around. They are 0-2, in their home opener. They will have so much more fire, intense to play with.
This will be the deciding factor of the game.

I expect it to be really close, and maybe even an OT win to the Ravens.
20-24 Ravens!  :snark:
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 06:32 PM)Joelist Wrote: You have to add in that we have won three straight against the Rats, and last year they had Suggs and Ngata. Also that Andy was effective in both Rat games last year and that our defense has had the upper hand on Joe Flacco for most of his career including last year.

This.  It is all about matchups and this is the team the Bengals seem to understand how to attack.  I am looking forward to having Eifert for more than just one quarter against them.

I also have a feeling that Hill will be looking for redemption and AJ is due to have a huge game. 

I am amazed their offense was able to do what it did against the Raiders.  It seems they have lost so many weapons and their first round WR isn't playing yet (injured).  I think Kubiak's system made Forsett have a ton of opportunities last year, but I don't think he is anywhere near the back that we saw last week, and a lot of those were just missed tackles.

This is the ultimate "don't let down" game.  I know, it is a division game so why would there be a let down, but remember how flat the team looked at New England last year at 3-0.  I have confidence we won't see that team this year. 

I think Flacco is going to spend a lot of Sunday on his back
Reply/Quote