Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com Bengals vs. Ravens preview
(09-24-2015, 11:36 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: 0-2 teams only have a 4% chance at making the playoffs since the league re-structured in 2002, and in league HISTORY, only 5 teams have made the playoffs after starting 0-3. 

If the Bengals beat the Ravens, they're all but finished for winning the division and will have a huge uphill climb to even make the playoffs.  Yes, it may just be week 3, but historical figures show how difficult it is to rebound from that.

I think you meant to say 0-3 teams have a 4% chance, not 0-2 teams.  I agree that if the Bengals can send them to 0-3, they are done at least from a divisional title standpoint.  They simply don't have the talent to make an 11-2 run. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 08:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This.  It is all about matchups and this is the team the Bengals seem to understand how to attack.  I am looking forward to having Eifert for more than just one quarter against them.

I also have a feeling that Hill will be looking for redemption and AJ is due to have a huge game. 

I am amazed their offense was able to do what it did against the Raiders.  It seems they have lost so many weapons and their first round WR isn't playing yet (injured).  I think Kubiak's system made Forsett have a ton of opportunities last year, but I don't think he is anywhere near the back that we saw last week, and a lot of those were just missed tackles.

This is the ultimate "don't let down" game.  I know, it is a division game so why would there be a let down, but remember how flat the team looked at New England last year at 3-0.  I have confidence we won't see that team this year. 

I think Flacco is going to spend a lot of Sunday on his back

But wasn't that game a prime time game?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 01:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Week 3 Preview: Bengals vs. Ravens
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-previews/0ap3000000536878/Week-3-Preview-Bengals-vs-Ravens

Wow... that research was a mile wide and an inch deep.  Do these guys actually get paid to repeat what they remember happening in the past and forecast those results into the future ?  Repeating what you saw on the tv 3 years ago is not insight, fellas.  

Analyst: "The Ravens have a great defense, Joe Flacco throws deep, Andy Dalton is a choker and the Bengals are soft... so I like the Ravens here ..." 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 07:38 PM)Whacked Wrote: On SBNation: 7 "expert" picks for the Rats vs 1 for the Bengals

Ouch

its easy to pick the home team... flacco has lost 1 game in september. @ home i believe in his career... (or for the PC crowd.... The ravens led by flacco have lose 1 game at home in september.)

I think the bengals match up well and over power their secondary.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 09:48 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It will be the average Ravens team vs. Jeremy Hill. I take the latter. Bengals own Flacco. They're going down.

I agree. If the Ravens are good enough when they try hard, they should just try hard every game instead of lose their first 2 then start really trying on game 3.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 10:06 AM)M.W. Wrote: I agree. If the Ravens are good enough when they try hard, they should just try hard every game instead of lose their first 2 then start really trying on game 3.

Well said.

Always enjoy the notion that one team is gonna win cause they really REALLY want to win.  

I understand that teams coming off of wins can be flat at times, especially a huge win.  What I do not understand is why the Ravens didn't want to win last week coming off of a loss.  At some point, you don't double up on the desire to win.  You simply aren't good.
Reply/Quote
This was probably the most un-insightful preview of all time
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
What a worthless preview. The one guy says the game will be close because the "Ravens are always good". Great analysis.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 08:23 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Yup. Nothing would make me happier this week than going in there and beating them.  Except maybe Dalton hanging 300+ yards and 3 TDs on them with 0 INTs as well  ThumbsUp

If we get that production then we will route them.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 12:42 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What a worthless preview. The one guy says the game will be close because the "Ravens are always good". Great analysis.

There was a lot of talk on this matchup right at the beginning of their podcast.   Good listen.  

http://www.nfl.com/podcasts?id=6657dbaeeaf039503315c0bd0edaf523
Reply/Quote