Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com Draft Order
If this belongs in the draft section I apologize. Since I’m not discussing any players in the upcoming draft I thought it was worthy here.

Anyone else see the current draft order on NFL home page? I’m curious cause it’s nothing to do with the order it’s the needs. How can anyone take these guys serious when the top 3 needs they have listed are QB, OL and WR. I get the QB need from an outside perspective. I’m as done with Dalton as anyone and have been for years. But we have to be honest, the line is making him look worse. Don’t get me wrong, Dalton is definitely limited and I don’t see this team ever winning anything with him as QB but we have 2 guys waiting on the bench that I would love to see get a fair shake before we use a top 10 pick on a QB. Again how fair can it be with that line.

The Oline need is obvious, no need to even talk about that mess. But how in the world can the have WR listed instead of LB? I know we have holes everywhere, and they even state this in the article that they are only going by top 3 needs. I just don’t see how WR is a need with so many other glaring needs.

Back to the QB position for a sec. I think there are plenty of QB’s drafted in the later rounds that are good enough to be a franchise QB if teams would give them the amount of slack a first rounder would get. I really think there are some very good QBs that just never get the chance to blossom due to where they were drafted. It’s a shame.

Oh if anyone is curious we currently hold the 3rd pick. So there’s that.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 12:29 AM)TKUHL Wrote: If this belongs in the draft section I apologize. Since I’m not discussing any players in the upcoming draft I thought it was worthy here.

Anyone else see the current draft order on NFL home page? I’m curious cause it’s nothing to do with the order it’s the needs. How can anyone take these guys serious when the top 3 needs they have listed are QB, OL and WR. I get the QB need from an outside perspective. I’m as done with Dalton as anyone and have been for years. But we have to be honest, the line is making him look worse. Don’t get me wrong, Dalton is definitely limited and I don’t see this team ever winning anything with him as QB but we have 2 guys waiting on the bench that I would love to see get a fair shake before we use a top 10 pick on a QB. Again how fair can it be with that line.

The Oline need is obvious, no need to even talk about that mess. But how in the world can the have WR listed instead of LB? I know we have holes everywhere, and they even state this in the article that they are only going by top 3 needs. I just don’t see how WR is a need with so many other glaring needs.

Back to the QB position for a sec. I think there are plenty of QB’s drafted in the later rounds that are good enough to be a franchise QB if teams would give them the amount of slack a first rounder would get. I really think there are some very good QBs that just never get the chance to blossom due to where they were drafted. It’s a shame.

I guess their logic is this:

1) There is some level of uncertainty regarding AJ Green's future - at least for now.  
2) John Ross is injury-prone, and still has consistency issues when he gets on the field.  

Those are our wide-outs #1 and #2, so until we get Green re-signed and Ross can stay on the field for a sustainable period of time (and be consistent), it's worth discussing.

Having said that, not listing LB as a critical need for this team is asinine.      
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
We better not draft him because it's not a pressing need at all, but Jerry Jeudy is going to be a stud.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 12:29 AM)TKUHL Wrote: If this belongs in the draft section I apologize. Since I’m not discussing any players in the upcoming draft I thought it was worthy here.

Seems a fair statement of our offensive needs.  My concern that it completely ignores defense (again).

Dalton's time as QB is over. Finley and Dolegala are back-ups. You really don't need to play them to find that out. You play them next year if you want another top 5 pick.

O-line, yeah, we don't need to discuss that.

WR is a need because the assumption will be Green is gone and Ross will be entering a contract year and we still haven't figured out if he's a bust or not. For all the talk of Damion Willis in pre-season he hasn't shown anything yet.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 08:03 AM)TJHoushmandzadehs Shiny Shoes Wrote: Seems a fair statement of our offensive needs.  My concern that it completely ignores defense (again).

Dalton's time as QB is over. Finley and Dolegala are back-ups. You really don't need to play them to find that out. You play them next year if you want another top 5 pick.

O-line, yeah, we don't need to discuss that.

WR is a need because the assumption will be Green is gone and Ross will be entering a contract year and we still haven't figured out if he's a bust or not. For all the talk of Damion Willis in pre-season he hasn't shown anything yet.

Umm...yes you do.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 08:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Umm...yes you do.

No they are backups

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
the 2020 draft will have the deepest talent at WR in years. Still, Bengals should be able to fix QB and OT position from rounds 1-2. Still need another 2 O-Line on top of that and 2 backers. But these WR will be studly.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 08:15 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: No they are backups

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And how in the world do you know that? Because of where they were drafted? Dak was 4th rd, Brady 6th rd, etc. Brady was also a backup. So was Nick Foles. Tony Romo wasn’t even drafted. Should I go on?

It’s ridiculous to make such a definitive statement. You or anyone else has NO IDEA what they are yet.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 08:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And how in the world do you know that? Because of where they were drafted? Dak was 4th rd, Brady 6th rd, etc. Brady was also a backup. So was Nick Foles. Tony Romo wasn’t even drafted. Should I go on?

It’s ridiculous to make such a definitive statement. You or anyone else has NO IDEA what they are yet.

Exactly. Brady was a backup, Kurt Warner was a backup. Romo, like you’d mentioned. Just because they are a late pick/backup doesn’t mean that’s all they have the potential to be. Let them play and see what they’ve got. If they suck, then grab Herbert/Tua/Burrow.
Reply/Quote
To find out if they're "backups" is exactly why we need to take the opportunity to play them in this lost season. Both of them.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 08:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And how in the world do you know that? Because of where they were drafted? Dak was 4th rd, Brady 6th rd, etc. Brady was also a backup. So was Nick Foles. Tony Romo wasn’t even drafted. Should I go on?

That is exactly what I mean. I think there are way too many QB’s drafted in the later rounds that never get a chance to show what they can do. I know there’s only so many QB’s in the league but if a team is willing to stick with a QB for 2-3 years that’s obviously suckin up the joint just because he’s a 1 st round pick, why not give a 4th or 5th round pick a year at least. We see so many bust in the first couple rounds, these scouts were certain this or that player would be good and they suck. Who’s to say their their not wrong just as much on QB’s taken later. I bet if more late round QB’s were givin as much time to develop as first round QB’s, finding a gem like Brady, Romo etc would be much more common.
Reply/Quote
As to drafting Oline early:

There was a pretty bright guy who once said: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2019, 08:49 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: the 2020 draft will have the deepest talent at WR in years. Still, Bengals should be able to fix QB and OT position from rounds 1-2. Still need another 2 O-Line on top of that and 2 backers. But these WR will be studly.

Yea we need to focus on both lines actually early in the draft. The Oline needs more than a draft, Brown needs to be aggressive in FA for once and fix at least 2 spots on this line before the draft. The D line has regressed, not sure what’s going on with Adkins and Dunlap. Is it quick passes where our LBers aren’t that’s causing less sacks, I dunno but they sure are not getting any younger. Would hate to finally fix one line only to have the other just as bad or worse.

If we fail to pick up at least one quality FA Olinemen before next draft then I’m not sure how anyone can say Brown wants to win. He may want to but he’s defiantly trying as cheap as possible. Still can’t believe after all the picks we had this past draft we only have 2 Olinemen and one is out for the year.
Reply/Quote