Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com Draft Rankings
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/participants/all/all-positions/all-colleges/

I thought I would post the link. Last time I checked it wasn't updated, but it is now. Interesting note is they list Hamilton as the number one graded prospect.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 12:56 PM)Goalpost Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/prospects/participants/all/all-positions/all-colleges/

I thought I would post the link.  Last time I checked it wasn't updated, but it is now.  Interesting note is they list Hamilton as the number one graded prospect.

I wish they were numbered lol. I'm having to go count to see which prospects fall around 30-35, 60-65, etc.
They'll have that soon around Combine time though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 06:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I wish they were numbered lol. I'm having to go count to see which prospects fall around 30-35, 60-65, etc.
They'll have that soon around Combine time though.

I'm with you lol. I started to count and then decided, "Well, the internet did make life easy for me today." I then closed the list out.
Reply/Quote
Yikes! The NFL is pretty much predicting a weak draft class. The highest graded player rates a 6.88. (Jamarr Chase was rated 7.12, for reference)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 09:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yikes!  The NFL is pretty much predicting a weak draft class.  The highest graded player rates a 6.88.  (Jamarr Chase was rated 7.12, for reference)

Well I think for picking 31st a draft with no elite prospects is a good thing.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 10:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well I think for picking 31st a draft with no elite prospects is a good thing.

Do you really think that part is true?  Or, could it be a case of the NFL looking bad, after so many highly rated prospects not living up to expectations in recent years?  In other words, do you think they might have tightened up the grading system?  Seems really odd to not have any prospects rating over 7.0.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 11:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Do you really think that part is true?  Or, could it be a case of the NFL looking bad, after so many highly rated prospects not living up to expectations in recent years?  In other words, do you think they might have tightened up the grading system?  Seems really odd to not have any prospects rating over 7.0.  
I wouldn't consider anyone in this draft to be an elite prospect. IMO the most talent is at the non-premiere positions (QB, WR, EDGE, LT).   

Just compare it to last year's This year's top QB is Matt Corral. How does he compare to Trevor Lawrence? How does Evan Neal compare to Penei Sewell, Treylan Burks to Chase? This year is stronger than last year's at Edge but does Adrian Hutchinsen really scream Elite? His NFL comp is Kyle Vanden Bosch and he's nowhere near the prospect we've seen recently Chase Young, Nick Bosa, Myles Garrett...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Well damn, I was really hoping for Dameon Pierce RB from Florida and Byran Cook S from UC in the middle of the draft. And while still possible they are both ranked 3rd at their positions.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2022, 01:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wouldn't consider anyone in this draft to be an elite prospect. IMO the most talent is at the non-premiere positions (QB, WR, EDGE, LT).   

Just compare it to last year's This year's top QB is Matt Corral. How does he compare to Trevor Lawrence? How does Evan Neal compare to Penei Sewell, Treylan Burks to Chase? This year is stronger than last year's at Edge but does Adrian Hutchinsen really scream Elite? His NFL comp is Kyle Vanden Bosch and he's nowhere near the prospect we've seen recently Chase Young, Nick Bosa, Myles Garrett...

With what I know of this year’s draft class I would agree with you.
I like Chase and Sewell better than anyone in the 2022 class not to mention that there’s no QB close to being the prospect Lawrence was.

I would much rather have a high pick in a year with elite talent available (like 2021) than this year. Good year to pick late because there should not be a dramatic drop off in talent between the top and bottom of the first round.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2022, 08:30 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: With what I know of this year’s draft class I would agree with you.
I like Chase and Sewell better than anyone in the 2022 class not to mention that there’s no QB close to being the prospect Lawrence was.

I would much rather have a high pick in a year with elite talent available (like 2021) than this year. Good year to pick late because there should not be a dramatic drop off in talent between the top and bottom of the first round.

Depends what you're looking for, I guess.
This class doesn't look to have a JaMarr Chase or Penei Sewell, but I do think there's a pretty big dropoff at certain positions like OL when you get into late 1st round. I do feel like DB should have some good talent late Rd 1 though, for sure. 2nd round might be prime DL or DB picking time.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 11:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Do you really think that part is true?  Or, could it be a case of the NFL looking bad, after so many highly rated prospects not living up to expectations in recent years?  In other words, do you think they might have tightened up the grading system?  Seems really odd to not have any prospects rating over 7.0.  

No, it's just a weak class in terms of elite guys.  I can't really think of one guy in this year's class that would go top 5 in last year's group.

That being said, it doesn't mean that it's a weak draft class, it just means that it's not a great class in terms of upper end talent.  
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 03:00 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: No, it's just a weak class in terms of elite guys.  I can't really think of one guy in this year's class that would go top 5 in last year's group.

That being said, it doesn't mean that it's a weak draft class, it just means that it's not a great class in terms of upper end talent.  

According to the NFL's rating system, a grade of 6.70 or higher is likely to be a day 1 starter in the league.  They are predicting that only a total of 8 prospects in the upcoming draft are seen by them to be a day 1 starter quality. (It's not me saying that it's a weak draft class, it's the talent evaluators for the NFL)

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 06:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: According to the NFL's rating system, a grade of 6.70 or higher is likely to be a day 1 starter in the league.  They are predicting that only a total of 8 prospects in the upcoming draft are seen by them to be a day 1 starter quality.  (It's not me saying that it's a weak draft class, it's the talent evaluators for the NFL)

I'd have to go back and see what kind of ratings they gave to the last few classes.  A lot of these guys that are mentioned as top 10 picks aren't given day 1 starter grades (which I think is very odd).  I wonder if they had roughly the same number last year.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 06:57 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'd have to go back and see what kind of ratings they gave to the last few classes.  A lot of these guys that are mentioned as top 10 picks aren't given day 1 starter grades (which I think is very odd).  I wonder if they had roughly the same number last year.

Last year had 11 players graded 6.8 or higher.  Keep in mind 6.3+ is considered should be a quality starter within the first two seasons, so that accounts for the possibility that they might have a good rookie TC and start+especially if the depth chart is thin at position).

Personally, I like Zuerlein's grades.  He grades tough, but if he's going to put that Day 1 starter stamp on a guy, he's going to be pretty sure about it.
Reply/Quote
This draft class isn't as strong as previous ones but there are still deep position groups like Defensive Line and Defensive Back. Its a shame if the Bengals can't take advantage of those two groups early in this draft.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 12:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Depends what you're looking for, I guess.
This class doesn't look to have a JaMarr Chase or Penei Sewell, but I do think there's a pretty big dropoff at certain positions like OL when you get into late 1st round. I do feel like DB should have some good talent late Rd 1 though, for sure. 2nd round might be prime DL or DB picking time.

Yeah, kind of rough for us if we don't take care of the OL in FA cause of the drop off after the first few OL is huge...

Even more reasons to go all out in FA on OL so we can go BPA early like you said on the DL and with the DB's where there are 
lots of good ones going to be around from 31 on. Really like Travis Jones DT, Booth and McCreary etc.
Reply/Quote