Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com John Ross Article
(04-20-2017, 10:03 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Take it for what it's worth; but apparently Tobin was out with his agent at some engagement, and a friend of my buddy's Sat with him and he readily gave some good info: Solomon Thomas is #1 on their board, they love Fournette, don't like Cook, love allen, and rate Ross above Williams. Edit: OH, they see Barnett as a poor athlete, better taken in the twenties.

If the above reads like total b.s., I can't hold it against you. All I know is my buddy showed me the stream of texts from his mate after the conference. Again, grain of salt.

This is REALLY interesting.  Hearsay, of course, but it jibes with my own thoughts of how the Bengals are placing guys on their board.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 08:00 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: This guy would scare the shit out of everybody lined up opposite AJ.

Been saying it for a while and this is all that really needs to be said. 

When was the last time a Bengal offense was truly feared?  I think it was when they had TJ, Chad, and Henry.  The missing piece is the vertical threat (and Ross is so much more than that...those calling him a one-trick pony never watched him play) that Ross could bring.  

I see so much synergy with drafting him.  I think that unless there is a top DE there like Barnett and someone offers the Bengals a ridiculous haul, they might just take him at #9.  For me, no other player improves our team as much.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 09:32 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Where did u hear that? All ive heard is williams is over any other pass catcher. 

Because that is all you have said   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 10:21 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Where did you see the 20 yard splits? I tried searching for it and can't find it.
And where did John Ross and the other two players who ran a 4.41 and 4.50 end up in the overall WR 20 yard split rankings?

For the record, you're right in that he's not just going to win with just speed. He won't always blow by people.
But to say he's "just straight line fast" is just wrong. He wins with more than just speed.
He is very shifty, runs a variety of routes, and has amazing footwork to fool defenders.
There are plenty of videos to watch that demonstrate this.

When you've argued for Mike Williams in the past, you've said he compares to Keenan Allen and Alshon Jeffery, then you say, "Wouldn't you want Allen/Jeffery?"
I counter that with saying John Ross is as shifty as Antonio Brown but faster. Antonio Brown has been better than both Allen and Jeffery. Wouldn't you want Antonio Brown opposite of AJ Green? Other comparisons have been DeSean Jackson and Brandin Cooks. You wouldn't want either of those players? I'd rather Antonio Brown, Brandin Cooks, or DeSean Jackson over Keenan Allen or Alshon Jeffery.

At worst, I think John Ross's floor is John Brown from Arizona. John Brown was drafted in the third round because he played in D2 and has been pretty good (but not spectacular) in his first three seasons. As fast as John Brown is, Ross is even faster, so he should be more productive than John Brown even just from a deep threat perspective.

Good analogy.  I like him as a player, and I like his character.  I like how he fits our offense and I like him at #9 unless they get a ridiculous offer to slide a few picks.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 12:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well, atleast you admit it man.

But i disagree when you say he doesnt' get up to speed fast, cause he does, if he wants to.

He sets up DB's, makes them fall asleep and takes off. It is masterful to watch.

Over 90% of Ross's vertical routes on film shows him slowing down to catch an under thrown ball. There is one instance where the ball is seemingly overthrown and his legs suddenly turn in to a blur and he just pulls away from the DB (who was already trailing him) and catches the ball with ease.  That film gives me chills (the good kind).

With Dalton, AJ, Eifert, and Boyd on the field with John Ross, this offense would scare the shit out of teams and I am ready for that to happen. 
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2017, 05:53 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Breaking news or not ......Michael Lombardi said that John Ross' medicals are "terrible". Uh oh..

You have spent a ridiculous amount of time lobbying against Ross to people who have zero say in the matter.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2017, 10:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Over 90% of Ross's vertical routes on film shows him slowing down to catch an under thrown ball. There is one instance where the ball is seemingly overthrown and his legs suddenly turn in to a blur and he just pulls away from the DB (who was already trailing him) and catches the ball with ease.  That film gives me chills (the good kind).

With Dalton, AJ, Eifert, and Boyd on the field with John Ross, this offense would scare the shit out of teams and I am ready for that to happen. 
With the amount of injuries we have had with WRs and draft picks.. I am thinking we will be slow to draft Ross with #9 with his injury history and might be one of teams not drafting him or knocking him down on the list

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000801683/article/mayock-john-ross-off-some-draft-boards-due-to-injuries 
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2017, 03:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: With the amount of injuries we have had with WRs and draft picks.. I am thinking we will be slow to draft Ross with #9 with his injury history and might be one of teams not drafting him or knocking him down on the list

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000801683/article/mayock-john-ross-off-some-draft-boards-due-to-injuries 

We will see.  There is always a lot of fluff around players that teams don't buy in to at all.  I think the fact that he has a torn labrum repair andit could take 4-6 months to fully recover is an issue, but you are taking a first round pick to be on your team for a minimum of five years, probably more.  I think his value to the Bengals would be tremendous.  If there weren't so many highly ranked DEs and safeties in the draft, I think Ross would be rated even higher. 

And I know the Bengals don't rate the safety position that highly.  
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2017, 11:47 AM)McC Wrote: You have spent a ridiculous amount of time lobbying against Ross to people who have zero say in the matter.

Nothing else to do.and thr same ppl have lobbied him better than williams or davis. And all for ross at 41 now.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2017, 04:32 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: We will see.  There is always a lot of fluff around players that teams don't buy in to at all.  I think the fact that he has a torn labrum repair andit could take 4-6 months to fully recover is an issue, but you are taking a first round pick to be on your team for a minimum of five years, probably more.  I think his value to the Bengals would be tremendous.  If there weren't so many highly ranked DEs and safeties in the draft, I think Ross would be rated even higher. 

And I know the Bengals don't rate the safety position that highly.  

The problem his injuries are not fluff and Mayock is pretty respected 
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2017, 05:53 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Breaking news or not ......Michael Lombardi said that John Ross' medicals are "terrible". Uh oh..

Ross's agent responded back to those reports of his medicals being terrible saying they were false reports.
Now, the agent could be lying to try and get his client more money, but at this point, it's hard to determine what's true and what isn't.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/133774/john-ross
Quote:Cicala also included this rather pertinent note: "I have confirmed with numerous NFL teams that John’s recent medical rechecks have come back positive."

Also, if this is true, then the Bengals may at least be comfortable in John Ross's medicals (or perhaps speaks more to their medical staff).
http://draftanalyst.com/da-draft-buzz-april-22-latest-word-miami-cincinnati
Quote:One team that I'm told has given Ross a clean bill of health is the Cincinnati Bengals, and the receiver is in the conversation for the ninth pick of the draft.

His knees were given the green light by their doctors, and the front office believes the addition of Ross to an offense that presently boasts A.J. Green, Tyler Boyd and Tyler Eifert as well as recently re-signed Brandon LaFell could make them unstoppable on that side of the ball. And now that Joe Mixon has settled his civil trial, the team would be more apt to select him in the second round, something I mentioned last month.
The selection of Ross is contingent on how the team rates any available pass rusher once they are called to the clock in Round 1.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 09:10 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Ross's agent responded back to those reports of his medicals being terrible saying they were false reports.
Now, the agent could be lying to try and get his client more money, but at this point, it's hard to determine what's true and what isn't.

Also, if this is true, then the Bengals may at least be comfortable in John Ross's medicals (or perhaps speaks more to their medical staff).

I think we as fans like Ross more than teams do, I have heard that in a few itnerviews. I really feel like we jumped in on Ross late in the event we trade back or if he falls because of other teams Red Flagging him.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2017, 10:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Over 90% of Ross's vertical routes on film shows him slowing down to catch an under thrown ball. There is one instance where the ball is seemingly overthrown and his legs suddenly turn in to a blur and he just pulls away from the DB (who was already trailing him) and catches the ball with ease.  That film gives me chills (the good kind).

Dalton and John Ross would fit perfectly IMO. Almost cannot overthrow this guy.

Imagine him with a good deep ball QB. Shocked

(04-24-2017, 09:10 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Ross's agent responded back to those reports of his medicals being terrible saying they were false reports.

Liking this Ocho, i would be just fine with Ross, Mixon and a DE/Center following. The Offense would be very dangerous.
Reply/Quote