Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com Prospect Rankings
I don't know exactly when these were posted, but NFL.com has released their initial rankings for prospects and there are some interesting takes buried in there.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/

For example, they have Kyle Pitts as the 2nd overall prospect behind Lawrence, followed by Smith and Chase in that order.

Also, Slater is ranked slightly higher than Sewell (6.74 vs 6.73) and they are only 9th and 10th prospects in the class, respectively.

They have Travis Etienne as the 11th prospect, so I guess their rankings simply don't take positional value into account in any way.

Wilson and Lance are 13th and 14th overall and graded right next to each other at 6.5 and 6.47, respectively.

Darrisaw is rated the 18th prospect overall and Justin Fields is 19th.

There are a couple other minor surprises like Cosmi is ranked all the way down at 70th, which would mean he could be available in the third round, which doesn't sound right after the pro day he had, but maybe.

I always liked NFL.com's prospect profiles because they have very clear pro and cons, with a pro comparison and a little description, so they're really good for doing a quick check about a prospect without having to watch any video of them, but I'm not sure how accurate they are to how the teams feel compared to other rating sites. Regardless, I found them interesting so thought I'd share.
Reply/Quote
It's wild to see Fields just keep on falling when there was once a debate between him and Lawrence.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I remember reading years back about how we use the leagues scouting service quite a bit. That provides information on prospects to any team in the league.

I wonder if this stuff that is available to anybody is out together by the same people.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 05:54 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't know exactly when these were posted, but NFL.com has released their initial rankings for prospects and there are some interesting takes buried in there.

For example, they have Kyle Pitts as the 2nd overall prospect behind Lawrence, followed by Smith and Chase in that order.

Also, Slater is ranked slightly higher than Sewell (6.74 vs 6.73) and they are only 9th and 10th prospects in the class, respectively.

They have Travis Etienne as the 11th prospect, so I guess their rankings simply don't take positional value into account in any way.

Wilson and Lance are 13th and 14th overall and graded right next to each other at 6.5 and 6.47, respectively.

There are a couple other minor surprises like Cosmi is ranked all the way down at 70th, which would mean he could be available in the third round, which doesn't sound right after the pro day he had, but maybe.

I always liked NFL.com's prospect profiles because they have very clear pro and cons, with a pro comparison and a little description, so they're really good for doing a quick check about a prospect without having to watch any video of them, but I'm not sure how accurate they are to how the teams feel compared to other rating sites. Regardless, I found them interesting so thought I'd share.
I totally feel the Bengals will look very hard at Sewell and/or Slater at #5.. just makes so much sense knowing we pretty much are going to be stuck subpar performance if we don;t improve our line...
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 05:54 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't know exactly when these were posted, but NFL.com has released their initial rankings for prospects and there are some interesting takes buried in there.

They do their overall beakdown of just the best prospects in the draft regardless of position and obviously their position groupings.

Pitts has all the physical tools and talent to be a major force and miss match at the next level. People need to not see “TE” and group him as such, regardless of if we use the TE in this system (as I’ve heard before on here). He is a PLAYMAKER a pass catcher who happens to line up IN LINE but can be split out all over the formation.

Another player that is ridiculously intriguing is Parson. The way he can be used as a side line to side line LB with explosion and speed, and then have him come off the edge on obvious passing downs... wow!
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2021, 08:46 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: They do their overall beakdown of just the best prospects in the draft regardless of position and obviously their position groupings.

Pitts has all the physical tools and talent to be a major force and miss match at the next level. People need to not see “TE” and group him as such, regardless of if we use the TE in this system (as I’ve heard before on here). He is a PLAYMAKER a pass catcher who happens to line up IN LINE but can be split out all over the formation.

Another player that is ridiculously intriguing is  Parson. The way he can be used as a side line to side line LB with explosion and speed, and then have him come off the edge on obvious passing downs... wow!

The comment about positional value was about Etienne, not Pitts. I really like Pitts. I've found myself mocking him to the Bengals plenty. Usually not at 5, but sometimes (usually when I trade down, I take him or Slater). I was just surprised he was considered the 2nd best prospect in the entire class. It's really high praise.
Reply/Quote

IU Safety Jamar Johnson is gonna be a steal for someone. Haven't heard anybody talking about him.
Reply/Quote
So I would still take Sewell over Pitts, but would take Pitts over Slater. I don't agree that Sewell and Slater are basically even. Sewell and Pitts are top five players, to me, and Slater is a top ten player. I just don't get the argument that Pitts would be a wasted pick because the Bengals would be incapable to utilize him. Pitts is like Kellen Winslow. A mold breaker.
Reply/Quote

Jordan Reid on TDN also has Pitts as the best non-QB prospect in the draft.
It's also worth noting that while there seems to be discrepancy in which WR and OT might be the top in the class, there is no debate on Pitts being the best TE prospect (by a mile).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Player comparisons for players we believe the Bengals are considering:
Penei Sewell = Trent Williams (albeit reports say he needs some grooming still)
Ja'Marr Chase = Torry Holt
Kyle Pitts = Darren Waller
Rashawn Slater = Jonah Williams (minus the injury concerns)
DeVonta Smith = Calvin Ridley
Jaylen Waddle = Tyreek Hill
*Christian Darrisaw = Russell Okung

I added Darrisaw as a potential alternate OT with ideal length and size if Sewell isn't available and they don't want Slater due to lack of length.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote