Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com bold predictions for 2015
The Harbowl was enough evidence you don't need a spectacular, elite, "carry you when you're down" QB to make the SB or win the SB. Team sport, all 22 starters better bring it every week until the Pro Bowl festivities begin. Simple.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 01:04 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Let's not forget that even the most elite WRs in the league make mistakes as well, so we shouldn't be holding A.J. to an impossible standard either. I think a lot of our guys get bashed unnecessarily and are held to some crazy standards, and that's not even about just Andy or A.J. JJ Watt gets stood up sometimes, Aaron Rodgers will throw some ducks over the course of a game. Shit happens.

Agreed.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 04:12 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: In all fairness, I'm not sure how much Andy Dalton you have actually watched. Your name is BayouBengal with a picture of AJM. Cam Newton and Andy Dalton are about equal to be honest. You must be wearing the "oh he is big and fast" glasses, making Cam look good, because he isn't the bees knees either.

2014 Cam Newton  - 58.5% completion, 3,127 yards, 18TDs and 12INTS.. a 82.1 rating
2014 Andy Dalton - 64.2% completion, 3,398 yards, 19TDS, and 17INTS... 83.5 rating.

To say these guys are anything but similar is stupid, so how is Cam head and shoulders above Dalton? Was that mysterious offseason car wreck with Cam the difference? His pouty face on the sideline really gets you going?

P.S. cam "elevated" his team to a 7-8-1 record in the worst divison in football..........

OMG are you serious? Cam was the first overall pick and went to the worst team in football. He still carried the team on his back to win games. Cam Newton has the highest ceiling of any QB in the league right now without a doubt and has shown that he can play just like he did in college with the big boys. Because he is a big boy and can stretch the field with his arm and is a threat with his legs. He has records for running and throwing yards in the sames seasons and for consecutive seasons. He's so big, fast and strong that moving to the NFL didn't make him have to change his play style much. If he does ever become a perfect pocket passer too he'd be the best QB in the NFL by a large margin. 

Trying to use statistics to even the two out is ridiculous considering the supporting casts. Carolina had the first pick in the draft for a reason. Cam has everything you want in a QB to mold for the future while Dalton has a limited ceiling and has shown hes not gonna carry a team alone. You can't tell me that if we could choose tomorrow between Andy or Cam but only one our coaches and GM would choose Andy. BS 

Cam is obviously better than Andy. What does me being from the Bayou have anything to do with that? Now that I'm not arguing for AJM are you gonna say draft status doesn't matter... give me a break. 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 04:25 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: OMG are you serious? Cam was the first overall pick and went to the worst team in football. He still carried the team on his back to win games. Cam Newton has the highest ceiling of any QB in the league right now without a doubt and has shown that he can play just like he did in college with the big boys. Because he is a big boy and can stretch the field with his arm and is a threat with his legs. He has records for running and throwing yards in the sames seasons and for consecutive seasons. He's so big, fast and strong that moving to the NFL didn't make him have to change his play style much. If he does ever become a perfect pocket passer too he'd be the best QB in the NFL by a large margin. 

Trying to use statistics to even the two out is ridiculous considering the supporting casts. Carolina had the first pick in the draft for a reason. Cam has everything you want in a QB to mold for the future while Dalton has a limited ceiling and has shown hes not gonna carry a team alone. You can't tell me that if we could choose tomorrow between Andy or Cam but only one our coaches and GM would choose Andy. BS 

Cam is obviously better than Andy. What does me being from the Bayou have anything to do with that? Now that I'm not arguing for AJM are you gonna say draft status doesn't matter... give me a break. 

Your Bengal history lacks.

AD inherited a 4-12 team his rookie year and took them to the playoffs. So, he also inherited a crappy team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 04:36 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Your Bengal history lacks.

AD inherited a 4-12 team his rookie year and took them to the playoffs. So, he also inherited a crappy team.

Not to mention we lost our top two WRs during that off-season too.
Reply/Quote

Show me one article anywhere on the internet from any year that rates Andy Dalton above Cam Newton. It can't be found. Why? Because Cam Newton is better than Andy Dalton! Red Rifle vs Superman, Superman wins.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 04:47 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: Show me one article anywhere on the internet from any year that rates Andy Dalton above Cam Newton. It can't be found. Why? Because Cam Newton is better than Andy Dalton! Red Rifle vs Superman, Superman wins.

Nice logical fallacy there bud.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 04:47 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: Show me one article anywhere on the internet from any year that rates Andy Dalton above Cam Newton. It can't be found. Why? Because Cam Newton is better than Andy Dalton! Red Rifle vs Superman, Superman wins.

I like Cam, but he is not Luck, Manning or even Big Ben. He is not Wilson yet in my opinion.

As far as him being Superman, he may be, but his stats don't show greatness.

As far as his draft slot of #1 anointing him great.

If your draft position is so important, you must feel AJ McCarron is a major bust in waiting. I don't think so and think he has potential, but you must or you are being hypocritical in my opinion.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 05:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I like Cam, but he is not Luck, Manning or even Big Ben. He is not Wilson yet in my opinion.

As far as him being Superman, he may be, but his stats don't show greatness.

As far as his draft slot of #1 anointing him great.

If your draft position is so important, you must feel AJ McCarron is a major bust in waiting. I don't think so and think he has potential, but you must or you are being hypocritical in my opinion.

*slams forehead on desk* Of course hes not a good pocket passer. If he was even as good at reading defenses as Andy there would be no argument at all in who is better. His first overall pick status means he went to the worst team. Carolina doesn't have the supporting cast of the Bengals and hasn't anytime in Cam's tenure.

I was pointing out how Dalton supporters bashed AJM for being a 5th rounder but all of the sudden 1st overall pick status doesn't matter if it supports an argument against Andy.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 07:30 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: *slams forehead on desk* Of course hes not a good pocket passer. If he was even as good at reading defenses as Andy there would be no argument at all in who is better. His first overall pick status means he went to the worst team. Carolina doesn't have the supporting cast of the Bengals and hasn't anytime in Cam's tenure.

I was pointing out how Dalton supporters bashed AJM for being a 5th rounder but all of the sudden 1st overall pick status doesn't matter if it supports an argument against Andy.

Wasn't Andy drafted by the team with the 4th pick in the draft?  
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 07:30 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: *slams forehead on desk* Of course hes not a good pocket passer. If he was even as good at reading defenses as Andy there would be no argument at all in who is better. His first overall pick status means he went to the worst team. Carolina doesn't have the supporting cast of the Bengals and hasn't anytime in Cam's tenure.

No one bashed him for being a 5th round pick. 
Pointing out the rarity of success for 5th round picks and how even fewer are QBs, is not bashing
Reply/Quote

The Bengals had less of a supporting cast than the Panthers in 2011. The Bengals just went 4-12 and then on top of that the Bengals lost their best 2 receivers. Smith, Lafell, Olsen was easily better than a rookie Green, Simpson, and Gresham. There's no question about it either because Smith was better than Green when Green was a rookie.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 04:25 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: OMG are you serious? Cam was the first overall pick and went to the worst team in football. He still carried the team on his back to win games. Cam Newton has the highest ceiling of any QB in the league right now without a doubt and has shown that he can play just like he did in college with the big boys. Because he is a big boy and can stretch the field with his arm and is a threat with his legs. He has records for running and throwing yards in the sames seasons and for consecutive seasons. He's so big, fast and strong that moving to the NFL didn't make him have to change his play style much. If he does ever become a perfect pocket passer too he'd be the best QB in the NFL by a large margin. 

I assumed being BayouBengal with a picture of AJM as your picture means you haven't been a Bengal fan for long, but maybe I'm wrong. This in turn, means your opinion of Andy Dalton is probably like most outside of the building, uneducated. I don't mean to sound offensive, but you come across as someone who became a Bengal fan just because McCarron was drafted, and maybe I'm way off base. Maybe you have been a fan longer than I have, who knows.

Would I take Cam over Dalton? Sure, based on potential. But you can't argue the production, in which Dalton has more wins, similar stats and more playoff appearances. Seems that Dalton is doing much more with his low ceiling than Cam is with his great potential.  

As for your argument about Cam going to a bad team... I think others have pointed out that the Bengals were pretty darn awful as well when Dalton was drafted. Not to mention that Cam got to come in with a veteran receiver in Steve Smith, running backs that clearly were better than Cedric Benson and a division that isn't the AFCN. Cam wouldn't make it in the AFCN, a factor you haven't considered once. Cam plays in the wussy division, where everyone just tries to pump out offense.

Dalton had to overcome all odds... a lockout, a crummy team, an offensive cast of nobodies other than the promising rookie AJ Green, and an AFCN division as tough as ever... when it comes to potential.. ya... Cam comes in at the top... but when it comes to production given their situations, Dalton has done more.
Reply/Quote
It's cool I moved to Cincy in High School and have lived all over since. I didn't really want to say this because I didn't want it to shade people's opinion of my article about him, but AJM was born in Mobile Al on the Bayou just like me. Yes its the reason for the name and it's probably the reason I kept my eye on him so much, but believe me he hasn't disappointed.

My dads still a huge Bama fan and like father like son, so its a big deal for me that AJM is on the team because it gives him a reason to finally adopt the Bengals. But other than that as long as we agree that Cam has the higher ceiling i don't think there's anything to argue. Like I said earlier the article is just another media slight at Dalton I don't think AJM will be taking over any time soon. But I'd be happy to see him shine some more if he does.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 11:28 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: It's cool I moved to Cincy in High School and have lived all over since. I didn't really want to say this because I didn't want it to shade people's opinion of my article about him, but AJM was born in Mobile Al on the Bayou just like me. Yes its the reason for the name and it's probably the reason I kept my eye on him so much, but believe me he hasn't disappointed.

My dads still a huge Bama fan and like father like son, so its a big deal for me that AJM is on the team because it gives him a reason to finally adopt the Bengals. But other than that as long as we agree that Cam has the higher ceiling i don't think there's anything to argue. Like I said earlier the article is just another media slight at Dalton I don't think AJM will be taking over any time soon. But I'd be happy to see him shine some more if he does.

I was very happy when we drafted AJM because he knows how to manage a game of football better than most QB's out there. If Dalton falls on his face yet again I'm glad we have one of the more promising backups in the league on our roster. Also, I know what you mean with your dad. My father is a Cal fan and when we drafted Marvin Jones he finally showed a little interest in my team hahaha. Sorry to get all huffy on ya, I just get tired of hearing how inept Dalton is when he has brought us more joy over the last 4 years than I have ever had as a Bengals fan (I came after the superbowls).
Reply/Quote
My bold prediction?

After the Bengals win the Super Bowl, NFL Network will have a 15 second spot before "Americas Game: The 2014 New England Patriots" that will have the announcer read from a cue card that says, "The Cincinnati Bengals won this years Super Bowl" and the other 12 seconds will be credits rolling of the Director, script writter, set designer, narrator and the artist who painted a picture of a jungle scene showing a monkey.

EDIT: you may think that I forgot the cameraman but I didn't, he is a Bengals fan.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote

Have to take issue that Bengals were anywhere near as bad as Carolina in the talent department. Bengals had more talent at many position. Bengals beat Carolina that year 20-7. We went to the playoffs only the year before also.

We lost to the previous season's SB champs (New Orleans) by 4 points.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2015, 12:07 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Have to take issue that Bengals were anywhere near as bad as Carolina in the talent department. Bengals had more talent at many position. Bengals beat Carolina that year 20-7. We went to the playoffs only the year before also.

We lost to the previous season's SB champs (New Orleans) by 4 points.

And why do you think the Bengals had so much more talent than the Panthers? The Panthers offense for sure had more talent, and the Panthers defense was a talented group. They just weren't as good as the Bengals defense.
Reply/Quote