Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com bold predictions for 2015
(09-08-2015, 09:06 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I read this and my thought was:

If AD throws more TD's than Manning, then why would AJ start a game and why would AD losing the starting job?

I also find it funny how the media is polarized with Dalton. I did not see them cut him any slack when he had no weapons in 2014, but now we have the most awesome (unproven) weapons in the league according to one writer.

It is obvious AD is hated by the National media and that is fine, but he is not the bad QB some try to make him out to be.

Throwing more TDs than Manning doesn't necessarily mean a successful season for Dalton.

Andy Dalton didn't have no weapons in 2014. AJ Green, Gresham, Bernard, Hill and Sanu are not no weapons. That's just one of those excuses that people are really, really tired of.

We don't know if McC has what it takes yet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 10:36 AM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Did you see what the Eagles did this offseason?  They went out and got Bradford. Why did Chip Kelly do that? He said getting to the playoffs just isn't enough, it's about winning a Super Bowl. I know most Bengals fans are scared of change because the 90s are still lurking in the back of your minds. Dalton will never take us to the Super Bowl. He has reached his ceiling. No he is not gonna magically breakout and become the best QB or a top 5 QB in the league. What you've seen the last 4 years is what you get. I'm not an NFL coach but I do see that McCarron's pocket presence is light years ahead of Dalton's only after a few preseason games. He will stand in the pocket and deliver a big throw in the of intense pressure and make the throw, something that Dalton doesn't do. He also has a stronger arm than Dalton. McCarron's ceiling is about 20 foot higher than Dalton's. I don't see McCarron starting this year unless injury but I do see him as out starter at some point in time beyond the 2015 season. Why do you think they have Dalton the contract they did? Was it just coincidence or did it give them an exit plan because they too aren't completely sold on him?

Flacco's first 5 playoff games he was worse than Daltons first 4. Now look at him. I guess QBs can never change huh Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 11:37 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Throwing more TDs than Manning doesn't necessarily mean a successful season for Dalton.

Andy Dalton didn't have no weapons in 2014. AJ Green, Gresham, Bernard, Hill and Sanu are not no weapons. That's just one of those excuses that people are really, really tired of.

We don't know if McC has what it takes yet.

Green didn't play for almost half of the year, and Gresham and Sanu are not that good lol. Gresham has had 6 fumbles the last 2 years, and Sanu had the highest drop % with at least 50 catches. Yeah... that's some great weapons Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 11:38 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Flacco's first 5 playoff games he was worse than Daltons first 4. Now look at him. I guess QBs can never change huh Rolleyes

How is winning in the playoffs worse than losing?

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 11:25 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: So they went out and got a QB that cant stay healthy....  Traded away their good running back and got the one that had over 400 carries last year( usual decline the following season)  

Daltons contract was in line with Kaepernicks...  Franchise not selling the farm and letting the player bet on themselves.

Exactly and as witnessed, Kaepernick isnt a super bowl winning qb and would be surprised to see him as the 49ers starter for much longer. Id give it a year or two. All Im asking is do you think Aaron Rodgers or even Cam Newton would accept a pay for play contract or do you even think the Packers or Panthers would insult them by offering a contract like that? Exactly. Dalton is who he is. Accept it.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 11:40 AM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Exactly and as witnessed, Kaepernick isnt a super bowl winning qb and would be surprised to see him as the 49ers starter for much longer. Id give it a year or too. All Im asking is do you think Aaron Rodgers or even Cam Newton would accept a pay for play contract or do you even think the Packers or Panthers would insult them by offering a contract like that? Exactly. Dalton is who he is. Accept it.

Do we think Dalton is Rodgers No...

And dalton has out perform newton thus far in his career.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 11:40 AM)BengalChris Wrote: How is winning in the playoffs worse than losing?

its not... but using flacco against dalton is stupid when it was the D and run game that got flacco and the ravens those early wins. Not even the All mighty peyton didnt get his first until year five i believe.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 11:43 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Do we think Dalton is Rodgers No...

And dalton has out perform newton thus far in his career.

Lmao you guys have the nerve to talk about no weapons for Dalton but then say he has outperformed Cam. Cam is head & shoulders above Dalton and literally has had barely any weapons around him. Has won in the playoffs and can single handedly put a team on his shoulders and win. You guys should know, he single handedly was the reason they tied us last year. I would put everything I own that not one GM would take Dalton over Cam. Some of you Dalton homers amaze me.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 11:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: its not...  but using flacco against dalton is stupid when it was the D and run game that got flacco and the ravens those early wins.   Not even the All mighty peyton didnt get his first until year five i believe.

Yep and the Bengals sure have lacked defense havent they? Lmao. The excuses continue. Did you not see how the whole team literally mobbed AJ McCarron after his first td? That right there is a sign the players dont even have faith in Andy. Adam Jones clearly doesnt think Dalton is any good. All I know is if we are 1 and done again I cannot wait to hear the excuses again this year for Dalton. Lmao.
Reply/Quote
He isn't saying that Dalton will throw more TDs than Manning because Dalton will finally reach that level, he's saying it believing that Manning will crash and burn. It's far more of a slam on Dalton than it is praise.

Also, if McCarron makes a start, it will mean that this season is most likely going down the drain, which will make me sad. It will also mean that there will be a reason for some optimism at the QB spot moving forward into next season. I can't root for him to end up starting this season though, because it would mean that Andy has failed.....which I really do not want to see happen again.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 11:47 AM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Lmao you guys have the nerve to talk about no weapons for Dalton but then say he has outperformed Cam. Cam is head & shoulders above Dalton and literally has had barely any weapons around him. Has won in the playoffs and can single handedly put a team on his shoulders and win. You guys should know, he single handedly was the reason they tied us last year. I would put everything I own that not one GM would take Dalton over Cam. Some of you Dalton homers amaze me.

Cam has had about the same amount of weapons Dalton has had. Cam did a good job beating a 3rd string QB in the playoffs... barely...
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 11:40 AM)BengalChris Wrote: How is winning in the playoffs worse than losing?

Well, wins are definitely a team stat.  He was definitely just as bad as Dalton in his first 5 playoff starts.  Not that that even matters....because since then, he's been like Jesus with a football in the playoffs.  I'm not saying the same thing can't happen with Andy, but I'll believe it when I see it.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Video 

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 11:56 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Cam has had about the same amount of weapons Dalton has had. Cam did a good job beating a 3rd string QB in the playoffs... barely...

Were you typing with a straight face when you said cam has had the same amount of weapons? For some reason I believe the past 3 seasons, there has been a consensus around the NFL that the Bengals have one of the most talented and deepest rosters. I have never once heard that about the Panthers. Cam elevates his team to wins, the Bengals win despite Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 12:05 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Were you typing with a straight face when you said cam has had the same amount of weapons? For some reason I believe the past 3 seasons, there has been a consensus around the NFL that the Bengals have one of the most talented and deepest rosters. I have never once heard that about the Panthers. Cam elevates his team to wins, the Bengals win despite Dalton.

Yeah because Steve Smith is horrible and Greg Olsen isn't better than any receiver we have other than A.J. Green. Try using your brain to think critically sometimes.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 09:06 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I read this and my thought was:

If AD throws more TD's than Manning, then why would AJ start a game and why would AD losing the starting job?

I also find it funny how the media is polarized with Dalton. I did not see them cut him any slack when he had no weapons in 2014, but now we have the most awesome (unproven) weapons in the league according to one writer.

It is obvious AD is hated by the National media and that is fine, but he is not the bad QB some try to make him out to be.

Yep
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 12:08 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah because Steve Smith is horrible and Greg Olsen isn't better than any receiver we have other than A.J. Green. Try using your brain to think critically sometimes.

Yes a mid 30 year old Steve Smith was a huge weapon. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Smith,_Sr.
Yeah I'll just leave that there. Steve Smith is a good story cuz even I love his fire but he hasnt been a top wr in a looong time. The Panthers have had no legit wrs since cam been there. Ill give you Greg Olsen but that's it. They have had no depth and their rbs have literally been injured every year hes been there. Please tell me off the top of your head who the panthers starting wrs will be this year without google. Lmao you guys are too funny.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 12:16 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Yes a mid 30 year old Steve Smith was a huge weapon. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Smith,_Sr.
Yeah I'll just leave that there. Steve Smith is a good story cuz even I love his fire but he hasnt been a top wr in a looong time. The Panthers have had no legit wrs since cam been there. Ill give you Greg Olsen but that's it. They have had no depth and their rbs have literally been injured every year hes been there. Please tell me off the top of your head who the panthers starting wrs will be this year without google. Lmao you guys are too funny.

Steve Smith has been a good WR. You can't blame him for not doing very well when he was in Carolina, because his QB can only throw for 3300 yards. Just look at how much better Smith looked when he had a new QB. Look how much better Lafell looks with another QB. That right there should tell you everything you need to know. Who has Dalton had other than Green? Dalton only had a run game last year, so the run games have been about the same. This year we have better receivers, but it's not like it's been like this every year.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 11:14 AM)xavierdude Wrote: yeah and  if billy hamilton could actually hit major league pitching and get on base he would be a great player with his speed..but he cant..how many more playoff appearances are you going to neglect,,my god man ..dalton melts under pressure..I mean some of the stuff he does under pressure in big games is comical..like a jr high quarterback

when Mc Carron was playing with the first stringers..and was under pressure..he did not implode..he fought through it and made accurate passes..unlike mr dalton

Again, he has 33 more TDs in 64 regular season games than he does picks.

Exactly what has Billy Hamilton done in the regular season to make you think he'd do any better in playoff games (which he hasn't even ever played in).  

And McCarron's sample size is so infinitesimally small as to not even warrant speculation.   
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 11:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: its not...  but using flacco against dalton is stupid when it was the D and run game that got flacco and the ravens those early wins.   Not even the All mighty peyton didnt get his first until year five i believe.

Yeah, defense certainly played its role in those Raven wins.

Dalton is ok, has a high ceiling and a low floor at the same time.

Can't really pin all the playoff blunders on Dalton or any one player. The coaches really haven't gotten the team prepared well for those games.

However, Dalton wanted to be paid like the face of the franchise. So he, regardless of what anyone else does or doesn't do, must step up and play closer to his ceiling. No more freakin' Cleveland games. The Tampa preseason game was just too close to that Cleveland game to make fans concerned about Dalton's actual improvement this off season.

If Dalton isn't going to step up and lead and be the glue of the team on the field, he doesn't deserve his contract. That's the short and long of it.

Reply/Quote