Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com crazies and their mocks
2 mocks up on nfl.com right now that are insane. MJD has us picking Justin Herbert over Burrow, saying that he is a perfect afc north qb, but not only that, he has Burrow falling to you guessed it Miami at 5. Then Cynthia Frelund has us taking Chase Young and once again Burrow falling to Miami at 5. Why is it that these big sports media outlets continue to push this idea that Burrow is not or will not come to Cincy? I’ve seen ESPN, bleacher report, and NFL network just to name a few continue to do this. Do you think there is an agenda or just folks going for a different perspective when it comes to Burrow most likely being the number 1 overall pick?
Reply/Quote
Something to discuss and get attention.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 11:17 AM)Crowe Wrote: 2 mocks up on nfl.com right now that are insane. MJD has us picking Justin Herbert over Burrow, saying that he is a perfect afc north qb, but not only that, he has Burrow falling to you guessed it Miami at 5. Then Cynthia Frelund has us taking Chase Young and once again Burrow falling to Miami at 5. Why is it that these big sports media outlets continue to push this idea that Burrow is not or will not come to Cincy? I’ve seen ESPN, bleacher report, and NFL network just to name a few continue to do this. Do you think there is an agenda or just folks going for a different perspective when it comes to Burrow most likely being the number 1 overall pick?

Cynthia's mock specifically is about going off player grade, and she considers Chase Young to be best player in the draft.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
He didn't even have the common courtesy to have us trade down before reaching for Herbert haha.

The Frelund mock is just pointless because it explicitly says it isn't a projection of what she thinks will happen. It's a mock draft meant to maximize wins in 2020 (and only 2020).

I'm not even sure why a mock draft like that even exists.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 11:51 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: He didn't even have the common courtesy to have us trade down before reaching for Herbert haha.

The Frelund mock is just pointless because it explicitly says it isn't a projection of what she thinks will happen. It's a mock draft meant to maximize wins in 2020 (and only 2020).

Yeah... Her mock is based purely off of analytics. Chase Young is still the most "can't miss" prospect in the draft. He's just not the pick for us.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 11:17 AM)Crowe Wrote: 2 mocks up on nfl.com right now that are insane. MJD has us picking Justin Herbert over Burrow, saying that he is a perfect afc north qb, but not only that, he has Burrow falling to you guessed it Miami at 5. Then Cynthia Frelund has us taking Chase Young and once again Burrow falling to Miami at 5. Why is it that these big sports media outlets continue to push this idea that Burrow is not or will not come to Cincy? I’ve seen ESPN, bleacher report, and NFL network just to name a few continue to do this. Do you think there is an agenda or just folks going for a different perspective when it comes to Burrow most likely being the number 1 overall pick?

Drugs are bad. Of course, that doesn't stop people from taking them and then making fools out of themselves in front of the whole world.

Mike Brown needs butts in the seats and his brand new coaching staff produced a league worst 2 wins last season and a ton of empty seats. The Bengals draft Burrow and, combined with their newly found understanding of free agency, they're going to have much better attendance. As good as Chase Young is, he's simply not going to do that for the Bengals and neither would keeping Andy Dalton at QB.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 11:51 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: He didn't even have the common courtesy to have us trade down before reaching for Herbert haha.

Dumb question here, but how would she know what it takes to win in the NFL?

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 12:14 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Dumb question here, but how would she know what it takes to win in the NFL?

What do you mean?
Reply/Quote

Blowhards gonna blow hard.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 12:16 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: What do you mean?

I mean what has she won in the NFL? What qualifies her predictions to be published on NFL.com?

I know what Casserly's qualifications are. I know what MJD's qualifications are. What are Cynthia Frelund's qualifications? Blond hair? She has the first QB being taken at #5. What are the chances of that? 0.001%? Her mock is a waste of storage bits and internet bandwidth.

And for that matter, who is Chad Reuter? What has he ever done?

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 12:21 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I mean what has she won in the NFL? What qualifies her predictions to be published on NFL.com?

I know what Casserly's qualifications are. I know what MJD's qualifications are. What are Cynthia Frelund's qualifications? Blond hair?

Boobs?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
There seems to be a talking head group think going on that if they say it enough, (fingers crossed), maybe it'll come true.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 12:21 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I mean what has she won in the NFL? What qualifies her predictions to be published on NFL.com?

I know what Casserly's qualifications are. I know what MJD's qualifications are. What are Cynthia Frelund's qualifications? Blond hair?

She's a Predictive Analysis Expert. She has a Master's Degree in Predictive Analytics (in addition to a bachelor's degree in biology and an MBA specializing in Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Marketing, Finance. Not relevant here, but still noteworthy). 

Here's a summary listing all of her former jobs and positions in a variety of entertainment companies, including NFL.com for the last 4 years and ESPN for the previous 4 years.

Her background in analytics give her a unique understanding of the draft, due to how heavily history factors in to when and where picks are taken and what traits and attributes typically lead to success in the NFL.

But I applaud you on your casual sexism to assume that a woman isn't qualified to speak on manly things like football drafts, especially when someone who qualified by your standards, MJD, just posted a laughably bad mock draft where he has us taking the worst of the top 3 QBs by a country mile haha.
Reply/Quote
Where's coach Turner when you need him?
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 11:17 AM)Crowe Wrote:  MJD has us picking Justin Herbert over Burrow, saying that he is a perfect afc north qb

What does this even mean?
Reply/Quote
They all keep pushing mock draft narratives that have Burrow ending in Miami. #BurrowtoBengals. Screw their mocks!
Reply/Quote
It’s called clickbait and you fell for it.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 01:17 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: It’s called clickbait and you fell for it.

That's definitely an element of it, but I also believe the media just can't handle when a player with star potential ends up in a market they don't like covering.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2020, 12:19 PM)McC Wrote: Blowhards gonna blow hard.

I agree. It's just crazy how it seems not only with football, but baseball and basketball that these sports folks only want to see the top prospects or players go to big market teams.
Reply/Quote
Too bad the "crazies" aren't the ones making the pick. It's Mike Brown's call and in 24 days chances are Joe Burrow will be a Cincinnati Bengal whether they like it or not.
Reply/Quote