Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com draft profiles for 2018 prospects now up
Not sure how long it's been up, but I believe it's just been very recently.
The draft profiles for 2018 prospects are now up on http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/tracker

For those of you who like to read various opinions from different sites (like me), this should be a nice place to read up on a lot of prospects from a respectable source (Lance Zierlein).

It's worth noting though that you might see some names missing, as not every early-round player has been posted yet (e.g. Derwin James).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Interesting...Zierlein has Daniels as his highest rated center.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Always a good read. Thanks for the notice.
Reply/Quote
Interested in saying where James comes in. I’ve probably been pulling for him the longest, and ot.

Now I find myself praying edmunds makes it to us. Regardless, we should get a good player. Nelson, Payne and vea aren’t shabby fall backs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I'm not surprised necessarily to see Edmunds rated ahead of Roquan Smith due to his size and speed, but he does lack some instincts and diagnosis skills. He's been able to compensate due to his size/speed, but he definitely needs to grow in that area to avoid getting caught out of position. I still prefer Smith over Edmunds because I like instinctual LBs and feel that's not something able to be taught (easily). Also I don't think Haslett can coach worth a damn so Edmunds would never reach that potential.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Tegray scales is a local guy I'd love to snag in that 4th/5th range as projected. The kid was told he was too small to play LB at OSU (they wanted him as a safety) so he went to Indiana and was one of the best in the Big Ten. He will be a mid round steal for someone.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 01:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm not surprised necessarily to see Edmunds rated ahead of Roquan Smith due to his size and speed, but he does lack some instincts and diagnosis skills. He's been able to compensate due to his size/speed, but he definitely needs to grow in that area to avoid getting caught out of position. I still prefer Smith over Edmunds because I like instinctual LBs and feel that's not something able to be taught (easily). Also I don't think Haslett can coach worth a damn so Edmunds would never reach that potential.

Bingo, can Haslett coach this "raw" talent up? I don't have much faith in him doing that. 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 01:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: Tegray scales is a local guy I'd love to snag in that 4th/5th range as projected. The kid was told he was too small to play LB at OSU (they wanted him as a safety) so he went to Indiana and was one of the best in the Big Ten. He will be a mid round steal for someone.

I’d second that. I think we need two linebackers in this draft and I’d be ok with him as the second

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 03:48 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I’d second that.  I think we need two linebackers in this draft and I’d be ok with him as the second

He has flexibility to at worst case by our future Vinny Rey, klind of a do it all type guy. I think though he has potential to start as a rookie.
Reply/Quote
Damn I would love Nelson or Edmunds.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Love these reports
Reply/Quote
Perhaps using Barry Sanders as the NFL comp for Barkley is a bit hyperbolic. There are just some players you should never use for comparison. I remember when Rob Rang, who seems to be respected, compared Amobi Okoye coming out of Louisville to Reggie White
Reply/Quote
Interesting he has Darnold, Barkley, Ridley, Nelson, and Chubb all head and shoulders above the next best at their position group.

By his ratings, there are no real standouts at TE, CB, or S, this year.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
There's a lot of guys who haven't made it into the rankings yet, so keep an eye on it as the list will grow. Currently quite a few top prospects who aren't a part of this like Rosen, Josh Jackson, Ronnie Harrison, etc.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 08:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Interesting he has Darnold, Barkley, Ridley, Nelson, and Chubb all head and shoulders above the next best at their position group.

By his ratings, there are no real standouts at TE, CB, or S, this year.

Safety is missing Derwin James and he has Fitzpatrick as a CB. Those two are head and shoulders above the other safeties projection-wise across most (all) other draft sites.

Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/chukwuma-okorafor?id=2559860

This guy continues to intrigue me due to his natural size. I hope we scout him fairly heavily
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 03:33 PM)Goalpost Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/chukwuma-okorafor?id=2559860

This guy continues to intrigue me due to his natural size. I hope we scout him fairly heavily

I would love a lb in 1 and okorafor or kolton Miller in 2

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2018, 01:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Safety is missing Derwin James and he has Fitzpatrick as a CB. Those two are head and shoulders above the other safeties projection-wise across most (all) other draft sites.

A lot of ppl think fitzpatrick is better at corner. While they're much better I agree than any of the other safety's at the moment, there is one safety who is massively underrated and will be the steal of the draft. That's elliot out of Texas.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 03:19 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Bingo, can Haslett coach this "raw" talent up? I don't have much faith in him doing that. 

Well considering what he has done as a player and a coach in his career, I don;t think this is really a relative question.. what evidence do you have that Haslett lacks as a linebacker coach over his distinguished career as a coach being an ex linebacker himself
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 11:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well considering what he has done as a player and a coach in his career, I don;t think this is really a relative question.. what evidence do you have that Haslett lacks as a linebacker coach over his distinguished career as a coach being an ex linebacker himself

Haslett hasn't coached LBs in awhile before coming to Cincinnati, but he was Marvin-esque when HC of the Saints from 2000 to 2005 (10-6, 7-9, 9-7, 8-8, 8-8, 3-13).
And when he was DC with Washington from 2010-2014, they never had a top-10 defense in yards or points allowed. Most often they were 20th or lower.
Since he's been in Cincinnati as the LB coach, the LBs have become worse than they've been in quite some time, wouldn't you agree?
Outside of Burfict, no other LB has stepped up to play very well. To me, that falls on Haslett.
LB is probably the biggest need after OL.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote